Part 19

'Hey honey is this seat vacant?' a familiar voice asks and I internally grin. I look to see Ash Micheals.

'Nope. Make yourself comfortable' I say smiling sweetly and he grins as if he has just gotten a price.

'What makes my girl sit here alone?' he asks after a while of settling down.

Don't mess up Monica, this is your only chance in getting things right.

I let out a deep breath and answer.

'Well, you know my best friend, Raven Daniels?' he nods and I continue. 'Well she is acting all weird these days and she won't even tell me anything. I am quite worried about her' I say putting on my best frown.

'Wait, the same Raven Daniels who had a die-hard crush on me right?' he questions. Damn, I like where this is going.

'Yeah, the same Raven Daniels' I chuckle and soon he joins me.

'You know, she'll be so happy if you talk to her' I ask suggestively.

'I get it what you are doing' he says.

'I-I am doing it for her own good. You know, I care about her' I say trying to sound convincing.

'So you want to use me so that you could figure out what was going on in her life?' he asks.

'Don't put it that way. You are... helping me so I could know what's going on in my best friend's life' I say emphasizing on the word best friend.

'What makes you think that she will tell me?'

'Because you are her crush since 5th grade' it sounded more like a question, but then he was convinced.

'I'll try my best' he says. Soon we took off and the whole flight I spoke to Ash about our little plan. He also ended up telling me the promise which he had made to Grayson and Zander. Turns out, before they were actually good friends until Ash's girlfriend cheated on him with Grayson. Ash made a promise that he will steal Grayson's next girlfriend and this was the reason why he asked me to come to the party. Well, about to. Later on, he realized that it was the girl's fault and not Grayson's because she came on to him. She confessed it to Ash and a few days ago and now he was ready to have a 'fresh start' with Grayson and Zander. 

Right now, we were at the hotel and we were allotted rooms. Two in each room. Turns out, my roommate wasn't Raven. It was quite surprising because almost the whole school knew that Raven and I were best friends. My roommate was Bella Matthews. I actually knew her, she was in my literature and calculus class.

'Hey, roomie!' I said once I heard the door unlock. It wasn't Bella but it was Grayson.

'Hey, Grayson' I smile politely but frown once he didn't return it back.

'What?' I ask and the next thing I know I was been hit by a pillow.

Hit.

'Who-'

Hit.

'Told you-'

Hit.

'To-'

Hit.

'Sit with-'

Hit.

'Ash freaking Micheals?!'

Hit and hit.

I open my mouth in shock. Did Grayson just hit me with a pillow? I quickly snatch the pillow from him and hit him hard and he head bounces back.

'Why did you sit with Ash?' he asks hurt evident in his voice.

'I had to talk him' I answer while putting the pillow down.

'About what?'

'About the promise' it was not exactly a lie.

'Listen-'

'He wants to gain your trust and friendship back. He misses you' I say.

'Wh-' I cut him off.

'I know, what he did was wrong. He shouldn't have broken your friendship because of a girl. But he loved her too much to realize what he was actually doing. He is extremely sorry. Do you trust me?'

'What are you talking about? Of course, I trust you!' he says truthfully.

'Then you will at least try to talk to him' I say.

'No' he rejected.

'Please?'

'I am sorry, I can't' he said looking right into my eyes.

'For me?' I ask and give the best puppy eyes in human history. Wait, dog history. No? Nevermind.

'How can I say no to that?' he gives in. Ha! I knew it!

'You really know how to talk it out don't you?' he asks and I hug him which makes him fall behind.

'I am happy' I say.

'Really?' I nod. 'Then me too' he says and hugs me tightly.

'Damn' we jolt up, completely surprised by the unfamiliar voice. I look to see who it was and I saw it was Bella.

'Did I interrupt or something?' she held a little mischevious tone and Grayson rubbed his neck nervously while I played with my fingers.

'N-no I was just leaving' he looks at me and I wave at him. He smiles and gets out of the room.

'So you and the bad boy huh?' she asks and puts her things down.

'Well...' I trail off.

'I get it, chill'

'I am Bella Matthews by the way' she introduces herself.

'Monica Jacobs' I introduce myself to her, not bothering to tell her that I know her already.

'By the teachers told us to take rest for the day so we have all the time for ourselves' she says and I somehow think that she already has everything planned.

'What do you wanna do?'

'Truth or dare' her tone was completely evil and I knew one thing for sure. I was going to have fun.