Part 11

Hey Guys!! Thank you for all the reads and views! Please keep on voting and if possible please share! 

--

'First, you tell me. What promise did you make to Zander' I interrogated him and straightened up while impatiently waiting for his answer. He gave me a cold glare. Even though I was maintaining eye contact, I could see from the corner of my eyes that he clenched his fists. I raised an eyebrow and he released the fist.

'That sunshine was something personal, I can not tell you that'. He visibly tried to control his anger but I decided not to push and to end the topic there.

'Even this is personal, I can not tell you this', he got up without saying another word but I stopped him.

'Also, never call me sunshine. I am way out of your league', I smirked and he again clenched his fist like he was about to take a hit me any minute. He mumbled something but I was too far to hear what he said.

'BOO!', I screamed at the top of my lungs and covered my eyes. I heard someone laughing and I uncovered my eyes to see Zander. The old librarian rushed to our side and scolded Zander. Meanwhile, I was trying not to laugh at how scared Zander looked.The librarian didn't tell me anything but surely gave me a glare and walked towards her desk. Zander looked at the librarian as if she had gone bonkers. I stifled my laugh and his head snapped in my direction. He walked over to me with wide-eyes and a flushed face.

'She has one of her front teeth broken and the another is golden!', he said, completely horrified. He pointed at his own teeth and that's when I couldn't control my laughter. I burst out laughing as if there was no tomorrow. He dragged my hand and lead me out. I didn't realize where he was taking me because I was busy laughing.

'Why is she laughing like that?', another mature male voice asked almost cracking up.

'She is laughing at my little encounter with the old librarian'. I gained my balance and saw a man who looked my age.

'Anyways, cupcake. This is Ace Black. He'll be the one to help you with your plans', Zander assured.

'Nice', I nodded my head. My phone flashed from my pocket and I received a text from an unknown number. Probably Skylar, I thought, because it said something only Skylar would tell me.

There is a party tonight and I have already picked out a dress for you. I am not taking no for an answer -S.

I reach over there by 8 30 -M.

The party starts at 9, be here by 7 30 -S.

Okay, ma'am -M.,

Okay... So that escalated quickly...

There I was, standing in a skin-tight black sequin dress. I felt different, a good different. Skylar made me wear this dress and paired it with black heels which went perfectly well with the outfit. She gave me a smokey eye makeup. Though I was never a fan of dark makeup, I somehow managed to convince Skylar to put light makeup. She said she will take it down to 95%. But when I looked at myself, she still put her 100%. I was somehow expecting that.

'Well say it' Skylar said.

'I look... stunning'.She squealed like a little girl and hugged me. I chuckled and hugged her back.

'Looks like someone is going to break a leg tonight', she taunted.

'I hope so', I chuckled, a bit nervous. I have never done anything like this before. I shrugged my shoulders as Skylar and I got into my car. Skylar gave me the address and Veronica helped to get to the destination. Once we reached and I opened my car door, I could hear the music. I cringed when I imagined the volume of music in there.