Part 16

I decided to take a nap and I got into my bed and snuggle in the pillow. I could not control my smile as my mind kept reminding me about Grayson. Soon I let sleep take over me and I fall into the world of darkness.

I was woken up by my phone ringing and I look at the caller ID and it said, Zander. I roll my eyes and pick up the call.

'You should let me sleep you know' I say irritated.

'I don't care, you need to convince your parents for the trip'

'Which trip?'

'The school trip I told you about, remember? The ones which will add to our grades' I rub my eyes and stretch remembering Zander mentioning about earlier.

'What about it?'

'Well, the school sent us the forms in envelopes for the parents to sign' he explains and relief washes over me.

'Oh Jesus, I thought it was something else. Like a complain or something' I sigh.

'About?' he questions as if he forgot that we snuck into Ms. Sparks office.

'Nothing. Anyways, your mom allowed?'

'Yup,' he says popping the 'p'. I could hear the excitement in his voice already.

'I ask my parents' I say and I get out of bed, I find my slippers and I head down.

'Okay,' he says and cuts the call.

'Mom? Dad?' I call out for them but no answer. I knock before entering their room and I open the door to see them in deep sleep. I am glad they can at least rest for some while without being tensed up about work.

I close the door and head downstairs because I was super hungry. I grab some chips and stuff a few in my mouth and I groan. I forgot my brush my teeth. My mouth a bad taste so I take a few mints and continue eating my chips. I head to the living room and turn on the tv. I flick some channels until I finally found a good one.

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

I was right on time, the theme was playing and I dancing around to the song.

So no one told you life was gonna be this way

Your jobs a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A.

It's like you're always stuck in second gear

And it hasn't been your day, your week, your month,

or even your year

but...

I'll be there for you

When the rain starts to pour

I'll be there for you

Like I've been there before

I'll be there for you

'Cuz you're there for me too...

I finished with a big ending and plopped down on the couch. I began watching the tv show. My phone beeped a couple of times, but right now was time for some friends. I ignored the notifications and continued watching it.

'What are you watching?' I almost jump hearing the voice, but I soon realize it was my dad's.

'Friends' I reply. He doesn't say anything and sit down on the couch beside me and continues watching friends, but I decide to interrupt.

'Dad?' he looks at me and signals me to continue.

'We have a school trip coming up, can I go?' I ask.