Lash out

Lance walked into school wearing a blue long sleeve with the school logo on saying lions soccer under in white as he had dark grey jeans.

"Hey lance," kinkade walked over to him as lance was sipping his coffee.

"Hey man, what's up?" Lance smiled at him.

"I heard you and Keith broke up, just seeing how you've been," kinkade looked at him gently.

"What? Keith and I aren't broken up," lance nervously laughed at him.

"Dude then your boyfriends cheating on you with griffin," he now was concerned as kinkade motioned to James leaning his arm on the wall that Keith was leaning against, arms crossed with a frown.

"What the hell?" Lance sped up and walked to the two.

"Keith?" He looked at them in disbelief.

"Lance Hey, it's not what it looks like," Keith looked back at him a little overwhelmed.

"Yea it looks almost as it did at the party expect his hands not on your ass your tongues not down his throat," Lance snapped making Keith's eyes widen. Keith gasped when lance grabbed his arm and pulled him closer.

"Do what you want but I meant what I said at the party," Lance hissed in his ear. He pushed Keith back as James caught him and kinkade pulled lance back calmly.

"Know what fuck it, I thought I really liked you, I thought you where the coolest and an amazing guy but fuck me right? I mean what the hell do I know? Jokes on me," Lance laughed sarcastically as he put his hands up.

"Lance will you let me explain?" Keith hissed back at him as some people watched curiously.

"Where you sober?" Lance snapped.

"I..I- yea I was," Keith sighed with a glare.

"Then you can fuck right off," lance spat as no one noticed but Keith seeing the pain and tears the where welding up in his eyes before lance turned before he'd do something he'd regret.

"Lance let's talk then," Keith called.

"Nope not interested, your not my boyfriend," lance shot back with his hand cupping his mouth for it to echo.

"So what, we're just dropping it?! Just like that?!" Keith cried out with wide eyes.

"Hey James is as swell as a guy as Shiro, sorry I don't fit in your gay category," lance flipped him off as he walked outside of the school and slamming the doors behind him.

"You didn't have to be so rude lance," kinkade sighed following lance out.

"I don't care, maybe I'm just stupid or maybe I actually felt something for Keith but it's kinda all gone when I see him with James... guess griffin got his way, again," Lance pursed his lips sitting on the curb.

"I do everything right, I have great grades, I love and cherish my family, I treat Keith great but what the hell is wrong with me?" Lance gripped the sides of his head as he kept his gaze down.

"Maybe you shouldn't commit to someone who rather watch you in pain than help you get through it," kinkade offered sitting him.

"I just don't know if I can keep going like this," lance whispered.

"What do you mean?" The dark eyed boy looked at him confused.

"Keith breaking my trust, Allura, my dad, I just can't breathe anymore..." he closed his eyes as he laid his head on his arms crossed over his knees.

"Maybe you just need to be with someone you know you trust and love, I'll tell coach you went home sick," kinkade touched his arm gently as lance looked at him but thought for a moment.

"Tell Keith if he wants to talk so badly to come to my house tomorrow, I just can't look at him right now," lance sighed standing up as he grabbed his phone.

"What are you doing? Or going?" Kinkade looked up at him confused.

"I'm taking your advice," lance called someone as he held his phone to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, you busy?" Lance pursed his lips with a sad smile.

——

Lance pushed opened the diner doors as he saw a familiar figure with their back to him as they had a large plate of cheesy fries and two strawberry milkshakes awaiting for him.

"Hey," he walked over with his hands in his jean pockets.

"Hey," Rachel looked up at her brother with a bright smile. She stood up excitedly seeing her twin but lances lack of enthusiasm said otherwise.

"Come here little brother," Rachel wrapped her arms around his shoulders as she stood on her toes as lance hugged his sister back tightly as he didn't want to cry but the touch of his best friend, sister, made him take a shaky breath.

"By two minutes..." he whispered into her long hair as he didn't dare let go.