Just a moment

As the boys were going back to the McClain house the rain started to slow down as it still sprinkled from the sky, they talked about things to distract them from the terror Abuela may unleash on Keith coming back but it wouldn't matter. Maybe she'll be cooled down by now too.

Keith wore lances jacket as he was cold from the rain and lance was in his regular tee shirt and jeans, annoyed by the wet jeans.

"You've never told me what your doing after high school?" Lance smiled goofily at his boyfriend and Keith groaned.

"I have no plan after," Keith grumbled.

"What about your art? You gotta do something with that," lance gasped happily.

"Well I don't know if I can really get into a school with it," Keith pursed his lips with a shrug.

"It's not to late, you can still apply to any school amor," lance smirked and Keith rolled his eyes.

"What if I don't want too," Keith mumbled.

"You should try at least, you deserve a good future," lance looked at him gently as keith smiled softly back at him and reached over grabbing his hand.

"You should try too," Keith nodded.

They smiled at each other and lance raised his hand and kissed Keith's knuckles gently, Keith snickered at him and sat back to face the front of the car as he watched the sunset in the distance as the rain was thinning out. Lance took a moment longer to memorize Keith's face as he was truly beautiful.

But a moment was all that it took.

Lance looked back at the road and gasped seeing a bright orange red tabby cat walking across the road not noticing the car.

"Shit!" He gasped as keith pointed at the cat barely able to breathe a 'look out' before lance turned the car away avoiding to hit the life form. But the car swerved off the street.

Lances first reaction was his hand to shoot out across Keith's body to hold him back, to protect him somehow, to keep him from any harm but his arm across his boyfriends chest would do little.

"Keit-" lance was cut off when the car suddenly rammed into a telephone pole as the hood of the car emerged with the rest of the car and one with the wooden pole. Lance and Keith's bodies lurched forward as lance slammed his face against the steering wheel just before the air bags went off.

And everything went black.

———

Keith slowly woke up feeling numb but as soon as he became more aware more pain seethed him.

He gasped pulling his body up from a deflated air bag in front of him as he felt something warm dripping down the side of his face. Keith suddenly inhaled deeply as panic rested in his chest and his indigo eyes started to pick up more of the scene.

"L-lance?" Keith croaked looking to the side as he saw the Cuban leaning against the steering wheel unconscious still and wasn't facing Keith.

"Lance? W-wake up," Keith went to reach over but gasped in pain when he moved his arm. He whimpered grabbing his wrist feeling it must've been fractured or hopefully just sprained.

"Hey, idi-idiot, wake up," Keith wiped the warm liquid away on his face and hissed at the pain in his head but realized his hand now had blood on it.

"Lance, wake up, please!" Keith felt his lung making it harder to breathe, or maybe the air was getting thicker, or his throat closing up, he couldn't breathe.

Keith choked on a small cry as he went to open the door but it wouldn't budge, he grunted in pain when he shuffled to the side to spin around so he could kick the car door open.

He grunted holding his chest as he dropped out of the car as the world was spinning, he took a moment to collect himself but as soon as he was steady he limped over to the drivers side of the car.

Keith banged his hands on the window seeing lances face finally as his eyes where closed and his body was limp, blood running down the front of his face from his nose as well as a gash on his eye brow. His body was crushed between the airbag/steering wheel and the seat. Keith frantically tried to open the door as it was stuck.

"Come on!" He screamed and the door flung open making Keith stumble back, but he ran back to lance and unbuckled his boyfriend quickly and pulled him out of the car with shaking hands and tears he didn't notice ran down his face.

"Lance wake up!" He barked as he held him tightly in the wet grass next to the road, his back to the destroyed car with blood splattered against the windshield.

Keith fumbled for his phone to call 911 but as soon as he grabbed it he saw it was shattered.

"Fuck!" Keith shrieked throwing the phone across the road as tears fell down his face like a river.

"Lance please!" He sobbed with the Cubans head resting in his lap. Keith quickly made sure he was still breathing as lance seemed to still for his comfort. It was shallow.

Keith reaches into lances front pocket and choked on a sob grabbing lances phone as there was a crack across it but it was usable. 

He immediately called 911 as he barely could make out words over his shaky breath and trembling voice.

But they picked up their location and were on their way.

"We're going to be okay, okay? Lance you hear me? We're going to be okay," Keith inhaled deeply looking down at him as lance was silent. But his breath was thinning out more...

Keith sobbed harder pressing his forehead against lances and held his hand tightly not caring about his injured wrist.

"Meow?"

Keith looked up wide eyes seeing the tabby cat sitting in the middle of the road curious of the car wreck and seeing two people.

"This is your fault," Keith hissed our a raspy breath.

"You fucking murderer! This is your fault if he dies!" Keith threw lances phone at the car making it jump and hiss at keith.

"You fucking did this!" He screamed at it. He knew he looked stupid yelling at a cat, it was just a cat, Keith couldn't think of anything else but to hate the cat, that fucking cat.

"Get out of here!" He screamed getting up from lances body but had a limp as he stormed to the cat.

"Go!" He kicked it a little, enough to shove it back but not enough to really hurt it. The cat glared up at him with bright yellow eyes. Keith collapsed on the ground sobbing as he couldn't hear the sirens in the distance coming for him.

His vision blurred as it was a mixture of tears and the concussion. He felt the cat rub up against him not noticing the ambulances, fire trucks and police cars pulling up.

His wide indigo eyes looked back at a man and a woman immediately running towards lance as two other blurred figures ran to him. He could hear their voices but it didn't sounds like English.

Keith barely whispered one word before he could feel the darkness swarming him and his limbs began to give up on him.

"Lance..."