Mothers love

Keith woke up with the sun in his eyes and warmth pressed against him from behind. He peaked his eyes open shuttering at a warm breath on his neck as a soft snore escaped behind him. He looked down seeing a tan arm draped around his torso.

Keith sat up in the bed and looked over seeing lance sleeping heavily next to him, the bed was small so they where pressed against each other so they wouldn't fall off. Or maybe lance held onto him so the Cuban didn't fall off...

He looked at lances sleeping face as he laid back down to face his boyfriend, it was probably creepy to watch but the taller teen looked so peaceful as he snored the morning away. Keith reached over and grabbed his phone to take a picture of him and snickered seeing the drool leaving down the corner of lances chin and the messy bed head.

"Your gross," Keith ran his fingers through lances hair and heard the Cuban hum in delight at the touch as he was still deep in sleep.

As a half hour went by and lance showed no signs of waking up on his Sunday morning, Keith got out of the bed as he was wearing a pair of lances pajama pants, as they were a little to long on his legs, he grabbed one of his shirts as well when he walked out of the bedroom and closed the door behind him.

"Morning maria," Keith walked downstairs seeing the mother sitting at the dining table sipping coffee as blue was at her feet.

"Good morning mijo," maria beamed at him as her hair was in a bun and she wore glasses, with a robe over her body but her night gown peaked out a inch where the robe ended.

Keith turned red a little at the name as he knew what it meant by now, it's what she calls lance, her son, but she's never called him that before. Only his father called him that. Not mijo, but son.

"How did you sleep mijo?" She asked kindly as keith poured himself some coffee that was extra from the pot. No cream like a heathen.

"I slept fine," Keith mumbled a little as maria looked at him kindly.

"Lance still snoring away?" She chuckled at Keith's shyness.

"Yea... you don't mind us sharing a bed do you..? I could always take the couch if it makes you uncomfortable," Keith sat at the side of the table.

"Have you seen me uncomfortable since the day you've come to my home keith? You are part of this familia, no matter what Jonathan says, I do not mind if my son sleeps with a boy he loves... plus I have no worries of him becoming a father any time soon," maria smiled happily.

"I would never make you sleep on the couch either mijo, I have a guest room if it was a real issue," she chuckled sipping the coffee.

Keith looked down with a small smile as his chest tightened at the love she poured onto him. But he remembered another problem he had...

"What bothers you?" She noticed almost immediately.

"My biological mother found me," he whispered feeling the need to tell her.

"That's great mijo," she smiled touching his hand gently.

"I thought it would be, I use to day dream about her coming to save me from foster care after my dad passed, every time someone rang the door bell I thought it was her, to come get me and take me away, tell me stories about her meeting my dad, he never told me anything about her..." keith inhales deeply closing his eyes.

"But she never came," his voice was barely above a whisper.

"So you felt abandoned at a time you needed love," maria nodded understanding.

"When my mother died when I was young, I met my father who walked out of my family, only to find out he had another one with a woman from Brazil and had three other children younger than I, and it broke my heart, he only came to say good bye to me and my siblings and my mothers grave, and gave us passports and money," maria smiled gently staring at the ground as she held onto Keith's hand with a firm her gentle grip. A grip that told him she truly understood.

"I came to America," she chuckled.

"But your dad came to you when you needed a parent," Keith gulped.

"My father came to me with pity, nothing to apologize for, not to make it right, the last thing my father told me when he gave us those pass ports were 'this land is not to die for, die on a land for something,' so I came to America to make a life, this family is what I will die for," she sighed pulling her hand back.

"Two years later I became a mother," she smiled sadly.

"And the moral of the story is..?" Keith raised an eye brow at her confused.

"Your mother came to make things right, not at the time, but she came, if my father came to make things right, with another family or not, I would've," maria nodded with kind eyes full of passion but painful experiences.

"Family is not blood, it is love, and a mothers love will always be there in her heart," she chuckled and Keith felt tears burn at the corners of his eyes.

"There's been multiple women who've tried, tried to be a mother to me, but none of them stayed, none of them meant it, only takes one fuck up to make them throw you back, what if she does that too and it's worst cause she really is my mother?" Keith quickly wiped a tear away before it reached his cheek.

Maria stood up and knelt in front of keith as she grasped both of his pale hands and kissed his knuckles gently as keith felt more tears threatening to spill.

"She won't," she smiled up at him.

"But nor will I, no matter the future, with mi lance, or not, you will have a mother to come too always," Maria touched his cheek and wiped away a tear on his face smiling.

Keith was stiff trying to hold back all that he could but when maria wrapped her arms around his shoulders, Keith inhaled a shaky breath slowly accepting the embrace as he felt a kiss pressed against his head.

"Thank you," he sniffled pathetically But he didn't care. This was the first woman he accepted the motherly love from, as she accepted him from the beginning.

"Let your mother try, and if she doesn't accept you, give me her address," maria held both his cheeks with both her small hands smirking and Keith smiled through his tears with a small laugh.

"Really, thank you," Keith giggled holding her hands gently and she chuckled.

"Always mijo," she smiled proudly at him.

"Hey did you guys drink all the coffee?" Lance stumbled in with basketball shorts on and no shirt, eyes barely open and hair everywhere.

"Make your own," maria sipped her mug as keith snorted. They raised their coffee mugs with a small clank as lance raised an eye brow but grumbled grabbing the coffee beans to make his own.