*8* Spring

Months passed and now it was the start of spring, the storms stopped just before Christmas but you still believed it was being controlled by someone. You spent most days reading through your mother's books and diaries she left for you trying to figure out who, you had a strong feeling that they were close with the people from Ugrarath. Luckily everyone in and near New York survived the storms, maybe with a bit of help, you were getting anxious after the third week of the storms and decided to teleport into every known household and stock them up on food at night when you wouldn't be seen. You saw the news on your phone a couple times when people were saying they woke up to a fridge filled with fresh groceries, you smiled to yourself every time someone left a lovely comment not knowing who was doing it, sure enough everyone in the facility found out but they didn't scold you on it, they let you continue to help. Nat and Wanda tried hard to get your mind off of figuring out who was making the storms by planning yours and Bucky's wedding, they succeeded a few times but it didn't last long, you continued to look for clues but you were failing and slowly giving up. It was the 1st of March and the snow was slowly disappearing, you were sitting on your bed flipping through pages that were all too familiar, you've read through this specific notebook over five times but you kept thinking there was at least something inside here, you might have missed it, or there may just not be anything.

"N/N?" You look up from the the page in hand to see Wanda pop her head in through the crack she made when opening your door.

"Yeh?" You drop your eyes back down to the writing on the page, you could hear her footsteps as she came closer to you.

"I think you're overthinking this." You look up at her and she frowns. "See, your eyes are dark and puffy. You haven't been getting any sleep and we're all worried Y/N." She sits down and leans in closer to get your full attention.

"I'm fine Wanda I promise." She shakes her head.

"No you're not, you're going to badly hurt yourself if you don't take care of your body." She was right, you weren't fine. You were starving, deprived of sleep and your mouth was dry from not drinking any water. You started getting migraines but just waited until they passed so you could continue with zero distractions, you didn't like to admit it but you really weren't taking good care of your body. You sigh when your chest begins to hurt, your eyes drop from her when they begin to sting, a sharp breath escapes your lips when tears fall down your cheeks. "Oh, Y/N." She frowns and pulls you into her arms, you accept her company and cry into her. "What's the matter?" She strokes your hair but you don't answer and continue to cry. You hear a small gasp escape her lips before she tightens her grasp around you. "I'm so sorry." You look up at her with puffy eyes.

"Did you- did you just?" You didn't know how to put your words together, she frowns and nods her head. "Please, please don't tell anyone." You beg her.

"I won't don't worry, is that what you refused to tell us in the meeting you called for?" You look away from her and slowly nod your head. "You're going to have to tell them soon." She leans over to get you to look at her.

"I'll tell them when I'm ready, I'm still-" you look at her when something catches your attention, you look to your bathroom to see your mother standing there with her face emotionless.

"What is it?" Wanda looks back and she disappears.

"Nothing, don't worry." You get her to turn back to you. "I guess you're right, maybe I am overthinking this." You rub your eyes and wipe the tears from your face with a small sniff. You flick your hand and all the notebooks and papers disappear back into a box on the bottom of your bookshelf.

"Do you want to come join us for dinner?" You look up at her as your eyes widen.

"Is it that late?" She giggles.