*17* Change of heart

You wake up to an empty space next to you, Conner was nowhere in sight. You slowly sit up and look around, nothing felt right. All your thoughts were blurry like they didn't exist, like they were memories, important ones. You remove yourself from the bed and walk out into the hallway, it was empty—as always. The rotting wooden boards beneath you creaked when you made your way down to the stairs at the end of the hall, slowly creeping down the stairs you look to the front door. What was outside? You could see trees dancing through the glass and you could hear the faint howl of wind, taking cautious steps towards the door you opened it and stepped out onto the concrete floor. Leaves littered the ground and the early morning sun stung your eyes, there were trees scattered at every corner that went on for miles. You walk down the small amount of steps towards a fountain in the middle of a dirt driveway that circled it, you sit at the edge and peer into the water reflecting your face.

"N/N..." You hear Conner behind you and you look behind your shoulder, he was breathing heavily with beads of sweat dripping down his forehead. You look back to the water and drag your fingers gently over top creating small ripples that distorted your appearance, you heard his feet crunch the leaves, dirt and gravel under him. You watched him in your peripheral vision as he sat down next to you.

"Seems like your back healed quickly." You keep your eyes on the water as he sighs, you look up to him. His eyes were bouncing from one place to another like he was checking for something, he grabs your wrist before your vision goes blurry and your head spins. The blurriness vanishes but you were still slightly dazed causing your stomach to whirl, you look around to see trees surrounding you with blackness in the horizon. "Where are we? What did you do?" You hold your mouth when a wave of nausea hit and your empty stomach threatened to spew what was left from the last meal you ate, what did you eat? Did you even eat at all?

"I need to talk to you." He pulls at your shoulder harshly making you shoot your head in his direction.

"What is it?" You clear your throat and scrunch your face up.

"Please don't be mad at me." You look at him confused and slightly worried before he grabs the back of your neck as he presses his thumb and index finger into your pressure points, his left hand raises to your forehead making images and flashing lights flood your vision. Your head hurt from all the memories you gained back causing you to fall onto your knees when they buckle underneath you, you took deep breaths as an image of a man presented itself in your mind. His crystal blue eyes piercing into your heart making it flutter with love, his pearly whites shining when he grins down at you. His long soft wavy hair falling to his shoulders with his deep brown stubble that pricked at your skin when you kissed and the cold metal gripping gently to your right hand.

You gasped and held your left hand to your heart when everything came back to you. Your memories of your family, all the wars you watched on from your bedroom window, the planets you saw become fireworks in the sky, and your planet that joined them later on in the years. The memories of landing on Earth, being rescued and recruited by the Avengers, falling in love with the man you now call your fiancé and soon to be husband—your real soulmate—came flooding back into your mind.

You look up to see Conner looking down at you with brows raised and eyes glistening in worry, your face grows grim and you snarl at his form. His eyes widen when you jump up and push him against the trunk of a tree, he groans in pain and pulls his head back with his face scrunched.

"What the hell, Conner!" You growl at him, you remember what happened yesterday. "Where are we?" You had your arm pressed against his chest and your right knee poking into his gut, he looks down at you and takes a sharp breath.

"Can you let me go," he gasps and squeezes his eyes shut, "please?" He pleads with exhaustion showing in his tone. "My back..." He gently places his hand on your forearm and you could see the pain in his eyes.

Save ME // New comers {Bucky x Reader}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara