*16* Lost

"Father, do we have to do this?" Conner turned to his father with crossed arms.

"Of course, I marked her and now she belongs to us. You did the right thing my son. She refused you, a little loss of memory wont hurt to make room for more." He shrugs with a smile forming on his lips.

"You made me get rid of all her memories, she doesn't even remember her real self. This feels wrong, I didn't agree to this." Conner shakes his head and the anger filled in Elliore's eyes, he pinned his son up against the wall with his fingers gripping tightly around Conner's neck.

"Do I need to show you another lesson my boy?" He barked in Conner's face. "If you want to keep questioning my rules that might as well be what you'll receive." His hand warms up and begins to burn the skin connecting Conner's head to his shoulders.

"Father." Conner pleads gasping for air as flames burn his skin.

"You better sort your act out and stop acting like the Conner that disappointed me years ago. Did the torture not knock any sense into you?" He spat the words in Conner's face making him flinch. "Do I need to do it again? Maybe somewhere visible?" He growled. "I'm letting you keep her powers, use them wisely. Be the leader you're supposed to be, don't get soft around her." He lets go and Conner drops to the floor, his throat blistered and sore.

"I killed her child, she didn't even know she was pregnant." Conner coughs. Elliore looks down, disappointment filling the gaze he shared with his only child.

"I suggest you make your way downstairs before I pull you down there. Remove your shirt and go, I'll make sure this one is more painful than the others." Elliore began to walk away, Conner looked down to the floor and held his hand over his burnt skin. White glowed from his palm as the blisters disappeared and the pain he felt was soothed from his system, he didn't dare to disobey his father—even if he could protect himself—he'd never escape the terrors Elliore gave him.

He slowly got up from the floor and walked down the empty hallway of an abandoned mansion, he walked down the stairs and towards the basement. The walls that surrounded him brought nightmares to his dreams every night, the pain he experienced walking to and from this floor were excruciating. The images he remembered from the last time he saw these familiar halls began to spread into anxiety, his breaths were sharp and he felt everything claw at him as he continued down the creaky wooden floor.

"Conner." A man who glistened in sweat blankly looked at the boy who had bled in this room too many times. Conner acknowledged him by the bounce of his brows, he slowly peeled the black shirt from his skin to show multiple scars that were still healing. The man readied his whip and lit it up in flames as Conner wrapped the ropes hanging from the ceiling around his wrists. "What did he ask for?" The man asks lowly.

"More pain." Conner's voice cracked from it almost being a whisper, the man clenched his jaw feeling sorry for Conner.

"Of course, sir." He obeyed and Conner shut his eyes tight when the whip came down on his skin, blisters formed from the flames and a tear rolled down Conner's cheek. He didn't want this, but his father would check, he'd always check. If he checked and there was nothing there, he'd get double the time, double the pain.

You open your eyes, you had no clue to where you were. Something didn't feel right, multiple things lingered in your mind, but you didn't know what they were. You slowly sit up and look around, the room was dimly lit but you could see clearly enough. The walls were a light cream wallpaper that began to rot and peel, you laid on a poorly built bed with dirty white see through curtains bunched up at the poles on all four edges of the wooden bed.