*12* Goodnight

You shoot your head towards your home when a large fire ball falls from the sky and sends wood flying when it hits the building, you duck down and dodge the burning wood that shot in your direction. You look to Conner to see him running towards you with a blade in his hand and flames coming from it, he pounces onto you and you block the end of the blade from digging into you with your powers. You fling him off of you and into a fire that was forming on the dirt street, he was engulfed in the flames and you ran to Bucky. You wiped a hair out of his face and looked in the direction of where you threw Conner, he emerged from the flames with a dark expression, he had company following behind him. You hold onto Bucky's shoulders and squeeze your eyes shut, you feel soft grass underneath you and you smell the strong smell of roses and daisies surrounding you. You open your eyes to see the moonlight shining on the pink roses and a small creek flowing in front of you, you look to Bucky and lift him onto your lap. His head fell back with parted lips and blood stained your fingers, a sob left your lips and you cupped his face with your left hand.

"Bucky, please wake up." You plead, he didn't answer. You check for a pulse but felt nothing. "James!" You cry for him. You weren't about to lose him again, you place your palms to his temples and rest your forehead on his. You cry for him as white glows from your hands, tears dripped from your eyelashes and fell on his face. His body glowed, you open your eyes and let go of him, his body slowly faded away and you tried you grab him but your hand went through him like a ghost. "Bucky." You go to grab him again but it didn't work, his body vanished and you looked around confused.

"Time of death?" A woman sighs when they failed to bring Bucky back, Bruce froze. "Dr. Banner?" She try's to get his attention, he slowly turns to her.

"Sorry wh-" He was cut off when Bucky's body shot up from the bed with a loud gasp coming from his lips as his lungs took in oxygen again.

"Holy shi-" One of the doctors jump back startled.

"Y/N..." Bucky trailed off and looked around taking deep breaths. "Where's Y/N?" He looked to his right and saw you laying there limp on a hospital bed, he got up from the bed he was on and slightly stumbled through the small crowd of doctors that blocked him from getting to you. He stopped himself from falling by catching onto the edge of your bed, he breathed heavily and his eyes were wide, he brushed a hair out of your face and turned his head over his shoulder. "What happened?" He asks, they were silent before Bruce stepped forward.

"We don't know what exactly happened, but your heart failed. You died." Bucky's gaze drops in thought, he looks back to you before whispering.

"Damnit Y/N. Come back to me will you." He cups your cheek before the door flings open to show Steve.

"Bucky?" He hurriedly walks to his best friend and wraps him in his arms. "What happened out there?" He lets go of him.

"I don't know, but there's a lot we need to talk about."

Tears start to stream down your face when you don't know what happened, you heard the grass behind you crunch as someone walked in your direction. Your face grows grim in anger and you stand up, turning around you see Conner slowly walk towards you with his pack of allies behind him.

"Give up, Y/N." He rolls head and cracks his neck. He looks at the empty ground under your feet and smirks. "Is that why your crying? For him? He was pathetic, he had no purpose." That, got your blood boiling. You scream in anger and throw a small glowing white dagger at him, blue sparks came from it as it flew through the air. He lifted his right hand and the blade exploded into a small ball of flames before falling onto the grass in ashes, you take a step back in shock. "Is that all you've got?" The ground around you begins to crack and split showing bubbling hot lava beneath, you gasp when your foot almost slips over the edge. "This is my world. I created this!" He sprouts the large black wings that Daniel had and hovers from the ground. "I can make whatever I want whenever I want!" His laugh echoes as his eyes burn red.

"If you want to kill me go ahead! I have nowhere to go! You said it yourself, this is your world. So what's holding you back?" You yell up at him and you hear his devilish laugh double through the air.

"You think I want to kill you Y/N? I want you to watch everyone you love suffer." You roll your eyes and take a step forward when the ground beneath you began crumbling at the edge.

"You've already told me that, and you tried to stab me back there!" You were now confused as to what he was saying.

"Who said I was going to kill you though?" You looked around and clenched your jaw. "I could bring you back to life if I wanted." He flew down to you and you took a step back when he came closer to where you were standing. He grabbed your shoulder and held you over the edge, you could feel the heat from the lava below you. "I could simply just... let you go. And you'd be falling into boiling hot lava." You looked at him with wide eyes when you felt his fingers move on your skin. If you tried to fight him the others would go after you as well, you were out numbered but you wanted to hear what he had to say.

"Why did you try to stab me?" You ask quietly, he grabs the back of your neck with his spare hand and pulls you up, he flips around to the back of you and places his face to the crook of your neck. You could feel the heat of his breath on your skin sending shivers down your spine.

"Seeing you struggle, brings joy to me." He growls in between his teeth and you watch as the lava rises from a crack in front of you and shapes into a large bird. "And, I wanted to spice things up. I was getting bored." You could feel him roll his eyes and you scoffed.

"You roll your eyes any further you might just find a brain back there." He pushes his fingers into your skin making you squirm, you could hear his growls when the bird dives towards you sending drops of lava flying to the ground. You gasp and squeeze your eyes shut when it passes you, Conner laughs and places his lips to your ear.

"You scared?" His voice was deep and husky, you felt him brush his lips over your bare skin.

"If revenge is the only reason you're doing this for—you've got another thing coming." You say under your breath.

"How fun." You could hear the cheekiness forming. Your breath hitches when you feel his spare hand wrap around your waist to your stomach, your muscles tensed from his touch. "You're going to have to try harder this time, Y/N." You squint your eyes in confusion and look into the trees ahead of you, you feel a sharp pain form in your abdomen and you take a short breath. He throws you to the ground and you shiver as you curl into a ball and wrap your fingers around the blade that punctured and burned your skin from the flames. "Congratulations on the engagement by the way. But I guess it doesn't matter anymore does it." He smirks down at your small dark form curled on the floor, the moonlight mixed with the light from the lava shon on his eyes when he bent down next to you. "Tell me. How did you get your powers back."

"There's a lot." You take a sharp breath. "You don't," a gasp escapes your lips when the pain burns, "you don't know about my power." He rolls his eyes at you.

"I know your powers have grown, you never liked using your powers before. What changed, hm? Through the time I've been gone, I've been watching you. Don't say I don't know a lot about your power because frankly, I know more than you. I know your weaknesses, your strengths. You can't beat me, Y/N. I'm too far ahead for you to catch up." He smiles at you and you shiver when your body's temperature goes from cold to hot repeatedly, he places his right hand on your neck and his fingers tightly grip around your skin. Your body tingles as you gasp for air, you can feel your lungs contract and stiffen. You watch as white glows up his arm and he closes his eyes taking a deep breath. "Have fun not being able to heal that." He evilly smirks and lets go of your neck, you cough and look at the blade sticking out of your stomach when it sends a flash of pain through your system.

"What did you do to me?" You hiss at him and look into his eyes, yours glisten with tears when your body aches.

"You're mine now. Like you were supposed to be before." You feel something sting on your left hand and you look at your palm, the long scar showed itself as it began to open and squeeze blood out from it.

"Please, Conner. Spare them." You plead when your eyes grow heavy. "Leave them be." You close your eyes hoping to gain more energy after opening them.

"When I die." He smiles and caresses your face. "For now. Say hi to your mother for me. I want to hear all about your visit when I see you again." Your eyes shut permanently when your last breath escapes your lips, a small tear runs down from the corner of your eye and drips from your jaw to the grass beneath you. "Goodnight Y/N L/N."