*21* Explain

Bucky's POV

Two days went by and I was regaining my strength faster than ever. I was sorting through my drawers to pass the time while Y/N wasn't here, I stopped what I was doing and looked to my door that was opened halfway when a knock rang through my room. A familiar man's face popped into sight and I huffed unamused as I return my gaze back to my drawers.

"If you're looking for Y/N, she's gone out with Nat and Wanda. They won't be back for a while." I say dully. The girls forced her to go out and plan our wedding because all she's done was stay inside not leaving my side. As much as I loved her for how caring she was, she needed the fresh air and some time to catch up with her best friends.

"No actually, I was looking for you." I look up to him and raise a brow. "Can I come in?" He asks and I look around wiggling my jaw contemplating. I shrug my shoulders and shut my drawer turning my full attention to him.

"I don't know... can you?" I cross my arms and glare into his brown eyes, he sighs and brings his whole body into my room but keeps his distance from me at the door. You could say he was trapping me, but I wouldn't hold back this time, I won't hesitate to kill him.

"Look," He looks down and holds his hand out. "I know that we haven't gotten along, and we probably never will. But I am sorry for everything I've put you and Y/N through." He looks up at me sympathetically but I keep any emotion from surfacing on my form.

"You expect me to forgive you? Just like that?" I raise a brow and he swallows the lump forming in his throat. "What are you even doing on this floor? Aren't you suppose to be in your containment cell?" He looks at me confused. Tony told me that after his back was treated and he could properly move around without constant pain he would be locked up, but he wasn't. He was standing at my door, inside my room, my private space, where he was not welcome.

"You were going to lock me up?" His face grows in disgust but I stay neutral. "I'm here to help you. Why would you want to lock me up?" I scoff and roll my eyes.

"Why? Oh I don't know. Maybe because you attacked us on a private property. You were slowly wiping our minds in this world you created, you killed me, then you killed Y/N and our baby." Anger begins to linger on my tone. "We didn't even know, and you stole our future child from us." I could feel my heart shatter when thinking about it. "Then you dared to come back here and take Y/N's body from us. You stabbed me." I raise my brows at him. "I don't know Conner, you tell me!"

"Hey, I'm sorry." I roll my eyes at his defence. "You should know what it's like to be controlled to do something you don't want to do." I clench my jaw and glare daggers into his soul.

"You don't know me." I snapped and he thinks.

"I was dead once... and once you die, you learn new things. My father had his connections with other inhabited planets from all around our solar system, they all came to the same place as us when they died. The Yaclorians and a few other planets went somewhere else. They were happy, never had to worry about anything. We envied them... my father found out that after Yaclore was destroyed, Y/N was still alive. He and a group of leaders from other worlds joined their magic together and watched the future that was installed for Y/N. They found out that she would change the timeline, but because of that they couldn't see any further so they decided to prep every man and woman to take revenge once the change was set. This meant we had to learn her weaknesses, you were one of them. We learnt everything about you, from your family to your friends, your fall from the train. We learnt everything. So I do know you, and we're not so different."

I was lost for words, I struggled to process what he was saying. Most of it didn't make sense to me, but we were not similar in any way, shape or form.

"See that's where you're wrong. We are different. I am nothing like you, maybe you were forced to do things you didn't want to do, but isn't everyone?" I take a step closer as my voice rose.

"I understand that you think I'm a monster. Y/N has called me that many times before; now I can understand why you get along." He chuckles and I squint my eyes. "My father forced me to hurt the woman I love. People say family comes first and I believed that, but in my case it was wrong for me to do what my father asked. After I stabbed Y/N he told me why I had to do it in that specific spot, when he said she was pregnant everything I knew was a lie. That wasn't what I wanted, my father didn't like the real me and I tried to change for him because I wanted to make him proud. But he made me realise that all he was, was a man taken over with rage and revenge for something he started."

I listen to what he had to say before the curiosity took the best of me.

"What did he start?" I ask and he clenches his jaw.

"Y/N never told you?" I shake my head.

"She usually doesn't like talking about her past because it makes her emotional." My heart sinks deep inside of my chest.

"He started the war between our worlds, and every other world that got in his way of getting what he wanted. Our soldiers were outmatched against Yaclorian witches, they were more advanced than us and had pods for an airforce. We were outnumbered, they dropped bombs on us and everything was ruined. Our planet was connected to our magic which meant that if everyone died, so did our world. And that's what happened. It was my fault, I listened to him and did what he asked me to do. It was his dying wish, it still is. He's back now because of the change in the timeline, and he's going to come for all of you before he does Y/N. He wants her to suffer the same way I did when I watched her people make my people become extinct." I nodded my head slowly.

"You say that they had pods for an airforce but don't you have pods? Couldn't you of used them?"

What am I saying? I'm glad they didn't because Y/N probably wouldn't be here with me if they did.

"No, our pods weren't for attacking, they were for escaping only. They were used during the war but every pod was taken down. When our pods were falling onto this earth that was only a distraction we made while the rest of us hid from you and began to plan our attack, and what we planned worked. You took the piece of metal, which then led us here. The metal jammed your signals from picking up the energy coming from our magic which meant we were able to sneak in and take you without any notice, but of course your friends found out and we had to retreat. And you know everything that's happened after that."

"I still don't forgive you." I shake my head and he sighs.

"I don't expect you to. I understand. But I do hope that sooner or later we can work out our problems. After all we will be working together more." He smiles and I take a deep breath.

"Right." My stomach growls and I clear my throat. "You can leave now." He scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"One question." He asks after turning back as he was walking out my door and into the hall.

"What?" I tilt my head to the side and purse my lips impatiently.

"Were you two ever planning on having kids?" My eyes widen slightly when I think of the worst. "It's just a question, doesn't mean I did anything." It was almost like he read my mind. But I don't remember ever talking to Y/N about it, and clearly I still don't trust him.

"Nunya." I say blankly and he looks at me confused.

"Nunya?" He asks with a raised brow and I smirk.

"Nunya business." I walk to my door and grab it. I was sent confused looks from the man in front of me. "The kid taught me it. Just... leave." I walk past him and close my door behind me as I made my way towards the kitchen for lunch, if he followed I was going to personally boot him down the stairs.