*27* Choice

You slowly pushed forward causing Elliore to slide back a few feet from the amount of force you were using, the flames from his shield circled around him as the white of your magic hit the red of his blinding the both of you from the ball of light they created together. You heard fighting around you before you dropped your hands to your side breathing heavily, Elliore fell to one knee panting as you walked towards him. He flung a blade engulfed with flames at you but you stopped it effortlessly by lifting up two fingers and pushing it aside, your eyes still glowed a bright white and he looked around. You felt warmth to your left and looked over your shoulder to see a woman with a white streak in her short jet black hair, she throws her arm out creating a lightning bolt out of nothing. You smirked and let the electricity find its way through your body once it hit you, your body shook and you felt your heart race.

"Ok that's enough." Shuri called through your ear piece. "Y/N. You're back to normal, anymore lightning and it could damage your body." You gritted your teeth when the pain started to show.

"She's- not-..." Your fingers curl in and your chest tightens.

"She's not stopping, I know." You gasp for air as the woman continues to temporarily paralyse you with her electricity. "Tony's on his way, hold in there." You pant heavily and scream through gritted teeth. You fall on your knees when the heaviness is removed off of your chest.

"You alright kid?" You look up to Tony who was standing in front of the woman whose body laid lifeless on the ground staring at you with her white eyes and constricted pupils.

"Yep. Thanks." You put your thumb up and nod your head, you take a deep breath and exhale before hearing twigs break under someone's feet. You raise your right arm and grab the fist that tried to strike you over the head, looking into Elliore's eyes you snarled and tightened your grip. His eyes widened before concentrating on your hand, his skin under your grip began to burn with flames, once you felt the warmth make its way through your protected uniform you made your hand glow shielding yourself from his flames.

"Why won't you just die!" He yells at you and you stand up straight before he sprouted black wings fading into a flame at the tips, your eyes widen when he grabs your arm and pulls you into the air. You watched the clouds turn into a dark shade of grey with small flashes of light followed by loud thunder, he let go of you and you spun through the wind creating your large white wings on your back. You spread them out and stopped yourself from falling, he watched as you flew up to him and shot black spikes with blue sparks coming off of them at his form in the clouds. He shot balls of fire at the spikes knocking them out of his way and flying down to you, you met half way tackling each other as you tumbled towards the ground.

You punch his face and he scratches at your suit, you kick him in the gut and spin around him wrapping your arm around his neck dodging his wings from hitting you in the process. You fly back up into the clouds until you couldn't see land, the air was slightly harder to breathe in but you ignored it.

"Yield, Elliore! Yield!" You yell into his ear stopping abruptly and gripping his neck tight so he wouldn't get away.

"Never!" He growls before swinging his right hand behind his head and onto your face, his hand began to light with flames and you quickly pulled away before he had the chance to burn your skin. He pushes his arms out and your eyes widen at the flames flying towards you, you hold your hands up and shield yourself with your glowing energy. He growls and you scrunch your face up in desperation to protect yourself from his magic, he suddenly stops and you look up to see him gone.

"Dammit." You huff in frustration and look around, you see lightning shoot towards you and you hold your hands up to block it with your magic. The strength of the bolt sent you spinning through the clouds before you regained yourself and figured out the difference between up and down. You shake your head clear and feel for Elliore's body warmth, you couldn't feel anything before you saw orange light explode ahead of you in the clouds. A black shadow formed in front of it with large wings spread out and arms raised, evil laughter echoed and roared around you making your heart skip a beat. "Show yourself you coward!" You yell at him and put your hands out in front of you with your fists together before pulling both of your hands back to your sides making whips appear, the blue sparks jumped off of the white glowing energy as you watched the shadow move.

He emerged from the clouds and slowly hovered over to you with his fists hidden by flames, he smiles darkly at you making you want to throw up. You swung your whip at him wrapping it around his wrist, he held onto it and you tried to pull him towards you but he refused to move. Like father like son. You struggled to pull your whip back from his tight grip, you wondered why it wasn't burning his skin, but yet again, he could make his whole body go up in flames and he wouldn't have one single burn mark.

"You may as well stop now. You will never beat me, I've lived longer than you, learnt more than you, seen more than you. You could never be me." He hisses and tugs on your whip pulling you towards him slightly before you stopped yourself from moving, you flapped your wings ferociously against his strength to help keep a distance from him.

"Who said I ever wanted to be you?" You scrunch your nose up and pull again only to give up when nothing was working.

"We could work together, we could rule this world together. You could still have a future with my son, we can control everyone!" You shake your head.

"No! No!" You yell at him and let your body harshly fling into his, you make your whips disappear and you wrap your hands around his neck. "I'm not joining you! This planet is my home and they welcomed me with open arms! I'm not letting them down for you! I never liked you! Even when I was with Conner!" You growl at him as he grabs your arms. "Things change, Elliore. And so have I." Your face grows dark before your arms glow white, he gasps for air as you tighten your grip on his neck.

"You're still- as gullible-... as ever." He chokes on his words and your eyes squint. He pulls you towards him hitting his head on yours causing your skull to shake, you let go of his neck and he flips backwards kicking you under the chin. Your head falls back and you watch everything double as pain flooded through your head, your body began to fall as gravity pulled you down. You blinked your eyes a few times before realising you were falling, you spin around and spread your wings out catching the wind.

"Y/N!" You look up hearing Conner's voice. Elliore held his sons back to his chest, Conner was still cuffed and unable to use his magic. You fly back up to them and glare into Elliore's soul, he smirks at you and you move your eyes to Conner, fear showed itself and you felt sorry for once.

"To get what you want you have to sacrifice the things you love, you should learn to let go, Y/N. Joining me is your best option." You shake your head and move forward.

"I'm never going to join you, just give it up already." You scoff and he pouts his lips.

"Then choose, save him and lose me, stay here and let him fall to his death. You can't do both." He smiles and you furrow your brows before he lets go of Conner, you yell for him as he falls through the air. If you went after Conner, Elliore would get away... why would Elliore put his sons safety at risk in the first place. It made you sick to your stomach knowing that Conner had to go through his whole life living with him.

A tear fell from your cheek when you made up your mind. "I'm sorry." You whisper before turning back to Elliore, he raised a brow and you hovered higher into the air with your palms facing the sky and fingers cramped inwards. Blue wisps circled your body and your eyes glowed white once more, your arms glowed the same snow colour as your eyes but your hands let out black clouds of gas. You felt the energy from the Dark Knight showing, but you were able to control it.

"No..."