Another Christmas

[Aizawa's POV]

"You didn't have to get another cat, Dad," I mumbled. "I already got Sox." I held the new kitten close to my chest. "He's a Ragdoll, right?"

"First, " My father started. "I was damned when your boyfriend got you a cat before I did. Second, for you, one cat isn't enough. And third, yes." He smiled softly and I did the same. "What are you gonna name him?" Hitoshi asked eagerly. I shrugged what do you wanna name him?" Hitoshi tapped her chin in thought. "How about... Neki!"

"What kind of name is that?" I asked. "It's a mix of neko and doki!" She said proudly. "I'm so clever!" I rolled his eyes. "Not like I can do better."

"I worry about what you're gonna name your children, Hitoshi..." Our father said.

Ding dong.

"I'll get it!" I said and quickly got up. Who could be out on Christmas instead of with their family, I asked myself. "Who is it?" I asked as I opened the door. A familiar man stood at the door with several boxes in his arms. He had black hair, like mine, in an undercut and a small smile on his face. "Hey Shota."

"Menimi!" I shouted. Tears filled my eyes as I threw myself at my elder brother. "Woah!" He exclaimed, dropping a couple boxes. "I miss you too, buddy!" He tried his best to hug me back, but he failed. "Help me get these boxes inside, yeah?" I sniffed and nodded and wiped my eyes. Taking some boxes from his hands, I started back into the house. "Hold on a second, Shota." I stopped. "C'mon, Hitoshi, " He called behind him. I tilted my head in confusion. "Hitoshi is inside." I said. A small boy around the age of one or so, peeped his head out from behind Menimi's leg. He had a grey-ish lavender hair color and a tired expression. I almost broke down into tears again. "I-is that..."

"Your nephew? Yes, he is." Menimi said answering my unfinished question. "What's all the commotion about?" Hitoshi asked walking to the doorway. "OHMYGOD!!!" She squealed and neared the child. "Who's this?!"

"That's Hitoshi, Hitoshi." Menimi laughed. Older Hitoshi whimpered and started crying. "You named him after me?" She lifted the smaller Hitoshi up. "You're so cute!" She said as she carried him inside. " Well, " Menimi sighed happily. "Let's bring these boxes inside."

I held the door open for my older brother, and followed him inside with the boxes I was carrying. "Menimi?" Our father stood in the living room. "I haven't seen you in years, son!" Menimi put the boxes down at the Christmas tree, I followed suit. He then pulled our dad into a big bear hug. "It's good to know my old man's doing well!"

"How long are you staying for?" Dad asked. "About two weeks." Menimi answered, patting my head. "Of course, " He continued. "If I can." Dad smiled. "Of course you stay."

After opening the presents Menimi got us we got the fireplace going and got hot chocolate.

"Where's your wife?" Dad asked. "She went to visit her family over in Hiroshima. Last year I went with her 'cause Hitoshi was a bit difficult then." Menimi explained.

"So he's Aizawa Hitoshi?" Hitoshi asked. "Oh, no," he said. "I took my wife's name, remember? So he's Shinsou Hitoshi."

"Speaking of relationships..." Hitoshi glanced at me and nudged my side with her elbow. I knew exactly what she was getting at. I mouthed a 'no' at her. "C'mon!" She mouthed back. "What about relationships?" Menimi asked. "Shouta has an 'other' now." Dad said. "Dad!" I said. Menimi shivered. "A...girlfriend?"

I shook my head. He fell out of his seat. "Is he an athlete!?"

I thought for a little. "Does being a hero count as being an athlete?"

"Oh no!" He exclaimed. " ATHLETES ARE ALWAYS THE ONES THAT GET YOU PREGNANT!" We all stared at each other for awhile. "What're you talking about?" Dad asked. " He's a huge dork." I said. "He wouldn't think about doing that."

" ... "

"He wouldn't right?"

"Well we should hit the sack, " Dad said. "Go brush your teeth kids."

" He wouldn't right!?"

__________________________

Hello and merry belated Christmas. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)