Forgetmenot

Authors note: I know how confusing it can get with the setting so, I drew up a little map. Use it or imagine the room however you want. Just know that if you get lost, you can always use this reference. I may draw more for future rooms. Tell me if it's of any help!

That's all.

At first, I was so dazed that I forgot where I was. The comfortable sheets surrounded me just like before, weightlessly. The smell of fresh food and another persons' sent drifted around me. This wasn't an unusual experience, either. I kept my eyes closed, memories of last nights nightmare, being kidnapped and held captive, were fuzzy and fading. That... was a dream, wasn't it? I decided not to open my eyes. One of three possibilities drifted around my head.

 1) I got black-out drunk last night again, maybe I brought another person home with me...

 2) I still got drunk last night and ended up in their home, or,

 3) The dream was reality and I'm laying here, pretending it's not.

As I faded back into consciousness, I realized how unlikely it was to be home. So, another persons house, right? It's gotta be. That nightmare... my shoulder throbbed. Maybe I... just got hurt while I was dreaming... but.. my heart started to quicken. My eyes opened slowly as that hungover feeling  overtook me. If it really was a nightmare, then I must've seen his face somewhere before. That mans face.. and his voice, I couldn't have made that up on my own. I stared at the unfamiliar ceiling and felt my heart sink as drunken memories failed to come back to me. "Denial." I whispered to myself, staring at the pure white paint above me.

My wrists felt tightly wrapped in something, the same with my wound. It felt professional. Maybe a real doctor took care of me. I lifted the sheets off of me slowly in case my wrists and ankles were just restrained like before. They weren't, to my surprise. Now that I think about it, everything that's happening right now should be surprising, shouldn't it? I'm in a comfortable, clean bed, not chained up... I neglected the fact that I was also probably miles underground, in a massive torture facility. I didn't want to think about it yet, memories faded in and out slowly. The bed was squishy and comfortable. It was white and very light... like a cloud. It smelled like someone slept here a lot, though. I wonder if it's his smell.. my face reddened with both embarrassment and shame. I shouldn't think that way of a person like him.

My cloths felt looser than I remember, too.. I looked down and was utterly confused. It was a dark gray hoodie and my normal jeans, fresh and clean. The hoodie was new and two sizes too big. He didn't, did he? I shook my head, who cares? The one thing I wanted to see was my new bandages. I slid the loose hooded collar over my shoulder gently, analyzing my wound. The wrappings were clean and smooth, professionally done without error. It made me feel safer just to have the constant pressure that the bandages held me in.

It was a few minutes before I decided to slide off the bed. I was hesitant to move because I didn't know if he'd be angry with me. My stomach didn't care, though. The room I woke up in was comforting and that alone made me uneasy. Light wooden floors with a soft gray rug spread around the bed and smooth white walls that faded into the ceiling. There was two large, sliding doors shut tight dead ahead of me. The only other door in this room was ajar, off to the right of me, and the marble floors and sink stood out inside. That's the bathroom so... what's in there? Maybe it's locked.. it didn't look like it could be locked, though. With that shred of hope, I stood up and slowly walked over to it.

It's quiet... no one's out there? The only thing I could do was hold my breath. For all I knew, it was ten times worse out there than the cell I woke up in before.

Click

    I opened it slowly, keeping the noise at a minimum. The room behind it was a relieving sight. It was an open space. The wooden floors continued just a little bit until a small step marked the start of gray carpet. To the left, an opening where the tempting smells wafted from. A light rumble from a pot boiling could be herd all around the house. On the right wall was another sliding door; I assumed it was a second bedroom... and beyond the wooden floors was a navy blue couch that sat in front of a flat-screen, suspended on the wall. I couldn't see much beyond that, though. The small area in front of me cut off the rest of that room.

    In front of me was a round, wooden table with three seats around it. I stared hesitantly, holding my stomach with a frown. There was a white bowl filled with freshly baked biscuits and a small portion of rice beside it, both still steaming calmly. In front of that, a small folded paper waited for me.