Sleep

I relaxed against the couch and caught my breath. Why does Alex make me feel so uneasy? Not even with fear, either. more like uncertainty mixed with fear... a type of fear that makes me lust for him. I barely had a chance to think about doing something else when the door started to churn again. I sat up straight and waited for Alex to come back. So soon? Maybe he didn't know what to do without hurting other people out there. Something like that going through my reasoning process naturally grew my hatred for the guy. Like a cactus, its strong and painful spikes grew in the toughest conditions. The door slowly slid open, the usual whines it made... didn't echo in the room. Strange. Don't be afraid, that's what he said. I'm safe here, right? I knew better than that.

Familiar smells and sounds came wafting through that dark opening. The dead and soon to be dead held hands out there. I took a cautious stand and let myself draw closer. I could make a run for it— no, I really shouldn't try that. I know what'll happen. Alex and Leon's performance showed me what'll happen. But.. I had to know. Nothing was coming inside; the door stayed ajar and silent. It couldn't have been the wind; Alex closed the door just like he did the first time he left. What opened it?

this is... Suffocating.

My vision began to fade, the colors only mixed and stretched when I moved. My body gained pounds where I stood and, eventually, my knees gave out. I couldn't even try to catch myself. Head-first I fell, limp and helpless. "Oh dear~" a cutesy female voice echoed through the metallic darkness, bouncing around in my broken mind. I couldn't move or think... I tried to talk but all that came out were noises. Even I couldn't make out what I was trying to say. "Shh.." whispered a shadow through the door, "Sleep, Ka~y?" at that point, my restless mind was settled and my body was paralyzed where it lay. I couldn't refuse.