Revenge

Everything inside burned with confusion, disbelieve, and anger. He ignored the calls about my father bleeding out and my mother getting shot in the head? It was easy to justify and figure he didn't do it. It was easier to figure out why he did. I bet he was too lazy to get up and go to check it out. My mother died on impact but my father? It took a good half hour for him to fully go. And it's all because of him? I was shaking again, my hands clasped into fists.

A clank brought Paul's cell door open. Paul threw himself against the opposite end of the cell. He slipped and fell and winced messily. A grossly muscular man walked in with a bone sew. "Kate," Alex whispered as to not provoke me, "This button here is for the speaker. You can tell them to do whatever you like." He then put the remote on my knee and smiled at me. Paul-my life was wrecked because of him?! Because of him, I spent years alone, afraid of everyone! Because of him I... I pushed the button and the static soon followed. "Ka-I'm.." he sobbed through his vague words uncontrollably. "Is it true?" My monotone voice made Alex lean away from me and Paul look straight at the camera; his face, wet and broken. "You ignored the calls? The ones that could've saved my parents, you?!" Slowly, my voice escalated. It never matched the burning rage inside. He looked down and held his face, howling. His voice broke out in uneven tones. "Yes. It's my fault. I'm sorry!!"

If I looked in the mirror, my reflection would've been unrecognizable. The rage, the burning fire that consumed my stomach, was worn on my sleeve. Something clicked. I wanted payback for all those days of agony. "My father could be alive right now if it weren't for him." Alex leaned over and took in my face. His shoulders perked up for a moment, his eyes glistened weirdly. I looked back at the screen, ignoring Alex's strange reactions. Alex took the remote easily from my hands as I heaved for air. My stomach, my head... my throat burned."Paul," He called through the remote, "You're going to die. Slowly and painfully." The man who was standing over Paul nodded. Then bone sew whirred on and Paul began flailing, screaming, and begging. For them to stop and for me to forgive him.

Alex released the button for the speaker and pushed the mute button. He looked at me and I, needing anything but what was playing on the screen to pay attention to, looked at him. His eyes, half closed and taunting, were unavoidable. "Wha-" he placed his thumb against my lips and sealed them for me. The T.V. was switched off. Alex had tossed the remote on the table and all I could pay attention to was his cautious movements. His nose was pushed against mine, his hands holding my cheeks in place.. "The way you looked when you were angry.." he started, his voice a low whisper, "the way you look when you're hurt or sad, the face you made when you called me cute.." his lips were grazing against mine. "I want to see more." He's holding back. His hands are itching to do more and his breath is so uneven.. yet, he's holding back? Is he waiting for me to accept him? His note was that serious?

Alex was growing impatient. He held onto my wrists and stopped me from refusing. His heartbeat hasn't slowed down either; it's only gotten worse. "Just nod your head. All you need to do is nod and I'll-" the closer he got, the more restless he became. Don't get me wrong, his blue eyes and burning body was all I could think about. His hands were so gentle even though they ached for so much and his expression... that needy, wavering expression that begged me for bare minimum was suffocating. He knew it. The more he waited, the more he wanted, the more I couldn't refuse. I can't. Not with him. I shouldn't. The feeling of guilt and sense of duty held up strong against my desires. I want to nod; to see what he'd do when I'd accept him. I want to. Alex's warmth soon engulfed me, he led me down until my back met the sofa gradually. "Just nod.." he whispered it so quietly that I could barely hear him, "..I'll be gentle." His chest hovered above mine, his hands on either side of me. His knees, one in between mine and the other besides me, and his arms were the only things keeping us apart. He stared down at me with his loose, dark hair falling down to me and eyes so seductively placed.. He stared into my soul and silently waited for me to come to him.

Oh, how I fucking wanted to.

-

Authors note! Part two!
I know, this part was a complete tease. I'm sorry (not) but you're just going to have to wait for it. Don't worry yourself none; I've got something even better planned, you'll see. Once Kathryn submits to the life of the forgotten, I think things will go a bit more smoothly.
Everything she does is under a moral check in her head. She's thinking like she saw this man as a serial killer who condemned her down here for the rest of her life. Then again, Alex is a tempting treat...
She's yet to realize how much Alex did to protect her already.

That's all-