Smile

Leon was so professional. Zack, on the other hand, was a mess... In a good way. He was around me a lot, talking and laughing with me. Leon and him made a good team. Shortly after Alex parted, Zack smiled strangely at me and Leon. "No," Leon declared coldly. "Why not~?" Zack pouted but Leon didn't blink, "She's not to be moved. I won't say it again!" He grinned wider and looked back at me with a wink, "So scary..." I chuckled a bit to myself. Somehow, I don't think I'll feel awkward here with Zack around. He makes sure I'm included in everything. He doesn't allow for a third wheel. Leon shuffled out of the room, exiting through the door besides the couch.

Once the door closed, though...

Zack rushed over and locked it. "You won't have to move a thing, Katie," he literally dragged the couch straight out from the wall, making sure I wasn't bothered at all. He didn't stop dragging me around until I was directly in front of the desk and all of its glowing monitors. With a scoff, he side-way glanced at me. "Like I'm about to have Katie over for a whole two weeks and not have fun with her," he said sarcastically. Zack threw his keyboard down from the back of the desk and began typing with lightning speed.

    Two seconds passed as Zack set up specific cameras on each individual screen. Lights along the walls glowed like a Christmas tree, blues and reds all flashing about. It was a jaw-dropping experience. "I don't think you're one for the body-count view," Zack said to himself, deciding and doing all at the same time. He ran around the couch and rattled over his chair. The one that lonesomely sat in the corner with a flannel to keep it warm.

    The computer screens all around showed boring views of the hallways. The same ones Alex and Leon had sprinted through. They weren't all empty, though. People.. a lot of people faded through the dark halls. Each one bearing a special mask and in sark cloths. If you squinted, you could make out the blood that drenched their cloths. Each person more twisted from the last. The ghostly people walked lightly along those dull, metal walls, passing each other casually. Not one looking up from the floor to greet the other, their emotionless masks pointed to the floor.

    Creepy. Zack rolled over in his chair, the backrest being used as a chest rest. "You know," he smiled gently at nothing, "Leon can cook even better than Alex, " he laughed a little and threw a playful bump on my shoulder, "It'll be alright, Katie. If you want, I can try and find Waldo for you," he leaned his chin on the top of the backrest and slowly swayed the chair side to side.

    Instead of waiting for my response, he kicked himself over to the keyboard and started flashing different cameras on screen, one by one. The other screens changed too. He glanced at them in confidance and  they'd change again. He had complete control over the whole terminal. This is just one floor worth of cameras. He said he could "run the whole place" if he tried. Who is this guy? Finally, a dark mass raided the hallways. It was a body that, instead of the usual dreary, depressed walk, had a straight, professional posture. "Got 'em!" So happy was he, successful in his little game of find the person. I perked up, finally seeing instead of hazing over everything with my depleted eyes. He was walking at a brisk pace. The calm mask hid his face and his bat was flung over his shoulder. Zack laughed again, "Such a cutie you are. Wanting to see him so much but too afraid to admit it." I shook my head as Zach turned away from me again. This place feels so much easier to breathe in. Why would I want to see Alex?

    It didn't look like him, though. I knew it was him but... something was greatly different. He didn't look the same, his body was stiff and the way he walked was quick and with a purpose. "You're thinking, 'What's wrong with Waldo?' Right? I bet you're worried about him." his voice imitated a worried girls for a second and then turned into something more angry than I'm used to. I wanted to ask him what had him bothered. Seems like he was going to tell me before I could start, though. "You know we found you and saved you, right? Alex just..." he picked his head up and looked at me, anger in his green eyes, "Alex hurt you, Katie-bug. We-- the I would never hurt you." He got up from the chair, pushing it from his body and making it spin for a little while. "I know," I finally spoke up, Zack turned and looked me in the eyes. His widened green gaze watched me, utter clarity within them.