May

I was carried somewhere. Fragments of a broad shoulder holding me up and dropping me in some chair is clear. It's darker in here than the last one. I was under a broken spot-light. It was like taking a flashlight and putting it really close to a wall. A solid circle of light and nothing else. The walls? Who knew where they were. I wasn't sure if I was alone or not.

    Far from it. Being alone would be too hopeful to be true. Shuffles behind me... next to me... and around and around. Constant. Someone's toying with me. "What do you want?!" I was angry, sure. I just wanted them to show themselves. The way noises echoed off the metal walls was disorientating and I couldn't tell where they were. "Kay~ you should know that! What I want is obvious!" Who are you..? I squinted into the shadows in search of this females voice's owner. "Wanna clear it up for me?" I sounded irritated and rightfully so. "Dear me.. a damsel in distress, are we?" She laughed. It was an infuriating laugh. The way she talked was infuriating; the random ups and downs.. and the squeaking! God, help my eardrums! Weighted down again. I couldn't move my arms much more than an inch, same goes for my legs. "A what in distress??" She was quiet for a moment, her laughter finally died down.

    She stopped walking, too. I could feel a set of burning eyes on me. "Kay," she started, her voice now a low, cold tone, "do you know who my dear Alex is?" I shook my head, "Barely. I know he 'practically runs this place' but that's all." She giggled, "You seem interested in him! Oh, dear me!" her voice squeaked again. Two steps on my left and the cackling woman revealed herself. "Hello, Kay~" She was smiling. The upper half of her face was covered by a sparkling, high-quality ballerina mask. Wide-eyes and long, plastic eyelashes. The lower half was left open. Though, that might not be the normal for her. There was a light bandanna around her neck. Big enough to cover her mouth. "My name is May, Kay... And Alex.." she took another step in her loud high-heals towards me, "..is mine." With a swipe of her right hand, the skin on my collarbone was torn in two. Burning and stinging filled my chest. I couldn't help but flinch, the back of the sharp chair dug into my shoulders.

    May tapped the tip of her dull knife, my blood spread along it's blade. "Do you know how long I've been watching him?" Another swipe at my shoulder, "Years, Kay!" And a third, clipping my neck just barely. I swallowed and coughed at the pain. "And you just-" and again, throwing the blade into my stomach, "waltz in here!" She dug it's tip against my cheek, "like you're the prettiest damsel to have ever existed!" She pulled the cut down and over my jawline. I was yelling in pain. My tears collected in my own skin and mixed with my blood. Zack... My lungs burned in anguish. Alex... No amount of yelling could help me here. "You're a no good-" over my chest cavity, another, "broken-" along my upper arm drew blood, "pathetic-" and under my chin, "excuse for a human being!" She laughed at herself and started her rounds again, her knife dripping with red.

    My head dropped down, my skin stretched and broken. I lost count. How many marks she put into my skin. I lost track of it. Her cuts were shaped like lightning bolts, each one with a dramatic turn in it somewhere. It hurt more than some normal slash. My breathing felt hollow and broken. "Kay~ don't give up just yet! We're only getting started!" May giggled again. Her long red hair undoubtedly bounced with happiness around her elbows. A buzz found it's way into my head. It made my head pound. "I-" she blurted out against the hum, "HATE uninvited guests!!" her usually annoying happy voice turned to an angry one. She screamed with the rage she felt for me and the buzz combined. She whipped the drenched knife into the heavy darkness. A clang followed and ended the machine's noise.

    The lock on a far-away door was pulled. A satisfying click and long whines threw light into the room. May muttered Alex's name in fear and shielded her eyes from the light. It wasn't in my interest; who was coming in here, I was focused on the blood pouring through my eyes instead of tears. The taste of blood along my lips and tongue. The knives that remained against my skin, pushing from the inside out relentlessly. "Katie..!" Zack? I lifted my head and stared at the doors brightness. Two people? Someone much shorter walked in next to a tall, lax man. "Sleepy time? Doctor?" His voice... it made my shoulders fall down. May was frozen in place.

    The gas May and Alex gave me to get from one cell to another wasn't needed. I was drained, literally. My body was loosing color as I sat there, staring at my saviors. It was hard to breathe, let alone keep myself conscious.

    So, I didn't.
    I let myself go and trusted they'd help me through this.

I prayed they were here for that.