Chapter Four - May Seventh (part2)

Jess silently took me to the nurse's office and stood by the entrance, waiting for me to get patched up. I began feeling guilty about having actually been scared of him, it was out of habit, PTSD sucks. I looked down at my hand, the wound looked purple and hurt like hell. I huffed, I wished that I fought back a little more.

Jess's jaw was clenched tightly, and at closer inspection, he looked a little more upset than I was. The nurse did ask how I got the wound, suspecting it was Jess. Even the school staff have heard their fair share of gossip, I wouldn't be surprised if they spread some of it. "It wasn't him. Just a bunch of idiots in the hallway, no one watches where they are going these days." I lied, laughing slightly. The nurse paused to read my face, but I was a good actor. She shook her head and took down a report and let us go.

"Are you sure you are okay?" after some silence, Jess asked. We were back at our last class. I had to get my bag before heading out for gym class. Though I wished to sit it out.

"Jess I am fine." I reassured him, I just wanted to be over with that situation, but it always came back to haunt me. "I'm sorry for getting you involved." I hesitated for a bit. "Also just so you know, I wasn't scared of you, just the situation." I couldn't look him in the eyes as I said that. I quickly rushed and grabbed my bag and left.

On my way to the field I had to ignore multiple awkward glances at my bandaged wrist. I just knew that more rumors were to come. Babe pulling a suicide stunt... Again. I could practically hear the gossip start.

I tried not to think too much about it and hurriedly made my way to the change room. Our school made all girls wear these three-quarter navy gym pants and a black tee.

I found an old wrist band in my locker and slipped it over the bandage. I was really late, the girls were already done with their stretches and were running around the ground. I gave the coach a sheepish look, though she didn't sympathize. I do tend to skip gym class sometimes. We aren't on good terms.

"I told you that if you mess up one more time, I'm having you do your run with the boys." I groaned, about to argue, but she just dragged me over to the opposite side of the field. We usually run first, so that the boys can have the track for their hectic training regiment, she definitely was trying to make me suffer. The female coach came and told the male coach something, only making him roll his eyes.

A few boys snickered at me, and some checked my behind out. Due to my stress eating I had started to fill out some of my curves, I hated it. I was very body conscious. To add to that, the way the pants were hugging me wasn't leaving much to a guy's imagination. I needed new pants. I wanted to go home.

I felt disgusting as a low whistle came from the side of me. "Bring that ass over here Babe." the guys laughed. "I can give you some tender, love and care." one of the guys said, making crude pelvic thrusts.

I cringed, fidgeting with the wrist band for comfort, that's when I felt a presence from behind, they were so close that I could practically feel the heat emanating off from whoever it was. I stiffened. At that point I wondered where the hell the coach was.

"Calm down Babe. I got you." Jess whispered into my ear. I sighed and leaned a little closer, realizing who it was. "Here you can use my sweater." he draped it over my head, helping to gently put my arms into the sleeves. 8 was thankful. His sweater wasn't that huge on me because of my build, but it hid enough for me to be comfortable. Jess was such a gentleman.

"Thank you." I whispered, looking around at the now silent group of boys. Jess was intimidating even though he didn't have much muscle going on. "How many laps do you guys do?" I asked, pretending the curious glances weren't directed in our way.

"Four to six apparently." He shrugged, placing his arms on my shoulders from behind to make our stance look more casual. "That's what I was told." That was when I remembered that he wouldn't exactly know.

"I am not going to make it." I groaned, hiding my face into my hands making him chuckle.

"Don't worry, if you faint I will catch you." He joked, but was interrupted by the whistle.

"Line up!" The coach shouted. I gulped and made sure I was at the back of the group with Jess besides me. He was wearing a knee length black shorts and a black tank top. You could clearly see his fine physique peeking out of the material and his muscles twitch as he got into the take off stance.

I shook my head and got back into the zone when the whistle blew and they began to jog.

The girls who were now playing netball gave me amused glances, I just turned a blind eye to them. I knew that I would die after my first round.

It soon was the second and my legs were shaking, and only then did they pick up in speed. I was definitely about to die. My chest began to burn. I took a deep breath of air to calm it down but it worsened. I hated gym class. But today was worse, because my anxiety was spiked earlier I couldn't manage to keep my breathing that steady.

On my third round I couldn't feel my legs, the only thing keeping me up was the fact that I didn't want to be embarrassed. And just as we started the fourth lap my vision began to blurr. "Jess." Was all I could mumble out before I felt myself fall.

When I woke up I was gasping. I was in pain and in the nurses office once more.

"You sure do have a knack for landing yourself in here." She joked, handing me an energy drink and removing an ice pack from my head. "Drink this, you're going to need it." Then she gave me a random cola flavored lollipop. "We tried calling your parents, but they didn't answer."

"Oh yeah, they aren't home. It's fine. Thank you though." I hobbled onto my feet, my head feeling dizzy and my legs were like jelly below me, but the worst of all was the chest pain. I needed my medication. I made it to the door when a tall person blocked my path. I came face to face with his black shirt. It was once again Jess. I took a moment to try and calm my breathing, my chest was still burning, travelling up my throat.

"Hey, what are you doing walking? You need to sit down." He said giving me a concerned look.

I was about to answer sarcastically but I saw Lex and Mel push through the crowd to us. Jess tucked me to his side as he supported me. Lex raised an eyebrow to the way I leaned against him. I couldn't manage to care, I just wanted to go home.

"Are you okay? I heard what happened." Mel said, pulling me into her embrace, before checking me for any scratches. I rolled my eyes, hiding my grazed arm.

"I'm fine." The bloody rumors, they spread so fast. They never end. That was when Mel noticed Jess, her jaw dropped a little. Then she turned to me, giving me a questioning look. I just gave her a shrug, too tired to explain.

"Do you want us to give you a lift home?" Lex asked, grabbing onto my wrist and tugging me away from Jess to her. My wrist was still sore from earlier, but I didn't let out a sound. I bit my lip, blinking away the pain.

"Actually I was going to take her home. Besides we live across from each other. It would be easier." I was about to say no and that it was fine, but Mel was too quick to speak.

"That would be great." she winked at me, unlocking her match maker side. "Bye Babe. Phone me when you get home." And she dragged a reluctant Lexy away.

I stood upright and began walking slowly with Jess matching my pace. Each step was agony, but I didn't let it show, I tried not to, though my shaky hands did signal it. Jess handed me my bag before picking me up, bridal style. I yelped, grasping onto him to not fall.

"Put me down Jess! Right now!" I said, my embarrassing clearly showing on my face.

The many students that lined the corridor gave us curious glances and some were of jealousy. Obviously from the female population. "No." He answered, one angry sounding word that shut me up. What the hell did I do? I rolled my eyes again.