Chapter Twenty-Seven♪ August First (part3) ✔

I whimpered, tossing in bed. I fisted the bed sheets whilst my eyes shot open, but I felt extremely woozy. It was almost as if I was half awake and half asleep all at once.

I turned to get off the bed and that's when I felt a pair of hands at my waist. I gasped, sitting upright in shock. Jess was hovering over me with a worried frown. "How'd you sleep muffin?" He asked, knowing exactly how I slept as he began to draw the blankets away from me.

I wasn't in my bed, I wasn't even in the clothes I had in before. I was back at the asylum. By the looks of it, Jess just came out of the shower. He gently picked me up, treating me as if I was some sort of delicate jewel.

"What are you doing?" I fussed. Even though talking made me feel neasous.

"Taking you a to the bathroom muffin, can I not?" He quizzed, looking down at me with a tender expression before pushing the adjoining bathroom door open. I turned to see that he had the bathwater set. He placed me up on the sink counter and began to remove my socks.

I sat quietly, biting my lip as I tried to hold back the tears. I was probably close to my period. I am a crier.

"What happened?" Jess asked, leaning forward and biting my lip out from under my teeth.

"Nothing." I mumbled, feeling a little embarrassed.

"Muffin." He said sternly, raising and eyebrow and waiting for me to tell him.

"Fine." I huffed. "I don't remember what happened before, why am I here? " I said with a shrug, looking down at my hands. I felt like crying at that moment, but I didn't know why.

"Look at me my little muffin." He said, lifting my face by the chin, forcing our gazes to link. "You just had a little scare, that's all. These sorts of reactions are normal. The doctor will explain soon. " He turned around so I could remove my clothing and hop into the bath tub.

"Shit." The word tumbled out of my mouth as I hit my elbow on the faucet. He turned swiftly on total alert.

He looked away and he mumbled, mostly to himself as he stared at his shoes with a concentrated forwn.

"Don't you think you could tell me what happened?" I begged, I needed to know.

"You sound so adorable when you beg." he teased making me huff, before gesturing for him to keep his eyes closed so I could continue my bath. As soon as I was done he handed me a towel so I could cover myself before he picked me up again and gently walking out to the scrappy hospital bed.

I sighed out, my muscles relaxing. I quickly changed, making sure Jess wasn't looking, then after he came to sit next to me. "How bad was it?" I asked him.

"How bad was what muffin?" he asked as he gently began to brush at my hair, whilst I sat with my back to him. I was content with everything at the moment. He helped put my hair into a simple braid and I turned to assist him.

"The anxiety attack?" I knew if they got worse. I'd be in heavier medicine where I wouldn't even know my own name.

"It wasn't bad, it was like you were exhausted and just fell asleep, letting is ride off." Jess said with a faraway look in his eyes. I sighed, feeling horrible for putting him through these things. He didn't have to be here with me.

I got off the bed. "Where are you going?" He asked with a lopsided grin.

"To grab a book." I scanned the deserted shelf and found an old book. I gently pulled it off the shelf and just as I was about to open it a soft knock sounded off in the room. Jess went to open it as I sat back down on the bed.

It was Doc. She smiled at me before pulling out a binder from behind her. "Can you tell me Babe, did you recently experience any panic attacks?" I froze, I didn't want the medication. I didn't want to be a waking corpse again.

"No. This was the first." she made a sound, licked her lips before she began to scribble at her page.

"Can you recall anything that happened before your panic attack?" I paused, knowing that I couldn't tell her about the night and what not.

"Just waking up from bed." she made another sound, then took down more notes, I rolled my eyes. Just typical.

"Do you want to know what had happened?" I gave her an absolutely sarcastic face before regaining control as Jess placed a hand on my shoulder.

"You found a note, thinking it was from Jake when I fact it was an old note my dad gave me for my brithday." I took the card from her hand. It seemed odd as to why her dad would write with one look I knew that you were mine.

"Erm, are you sure it wasn't a boyfriend, because why else would he write that?" Doc frowned before answering.

"My mom cheated on my dad, they weren't sure who was the father. That's why." I nodded to myself.

"Also I wanted to tell you that you would be starting proper school since the private tutor canceled and you needed him for some specific lessons."

"What?! When?" I asked feeling dread set in.

"Tomorrow." Jess answered with a shrug making my eyes widen.

"You are being released. Though I will be adding a few more pills for you to take, maybe to help with the nerves." I nodded, skipping off the bed as Jess grabbed my hand. He walked me out the hospital as just as we were abiut to hail a taxi I turned to him.

"Please can we got get some school supplies? We can even hit the book store." I pleaded and in no time he was up. Did I mention that he loved reading zombie apocalypse books? No? Sorry, my bad.

Just before taxi drive off Doc rushed to the window. "So everyday after school you should drop by my house for the therapy session. Is that fine?"

"Say yes Babe." And I was a little shocked, that was the first time in a day or two that Gabby spoke.

"Sure." I answered, I had this gut feeling to trust Gabby even though she scared the hell out of me.

"Great." She waved and waltzed off.

Jess was just casually sitting there, his messy bed hair, hands in his pockets as he gazed down to his sneakers. I looked at them and then had this dreaded realization feeling fill my stomach. I didn't know why, but those looked too familiar, and not in a good way.

I was about to shake it off when Gabby spoke again. "You know where you saw those."

♪Author's Note♪

Wazzup peeps, it's your girl El♥ here. So I hope you all are doing well. Gosh school starts in seven days for me, argh!!!!! *rolls on the floor in anger*

But even though I am annoyed, I m also excited. I get to continue a subject I really love, Engineering graphic design and see my best friends, well more like family.

♪Questions♪

1. Gabby is back, can you guess why?

2. Who thinks it's cute that Jess is a book nerd?

3. What do you think will happen next?

4. Why do you think she had that feeling?

Feel free to drop your answers in the comments, and also don't shy away from starting a conversation. I'm hella awkward, but I make good company ... I think. Hahahah

Enjoy. Vote. Comment. Ellipsis167