Chapter Eighteen ♪ May Twenty-Fifth (part2)

Jess walked me out of the car to our new apartment building. My parents scrambled to find that place quickly so I wouldn't have to return back home. "I am going to miss you Babe." He sighed as we reached the entrance.

"I know, but if all goes well, it would only be around four months, maybe less." I tried to reassure him, but even to me that time seemed like eternity. I didn't know how I'd mange without him. He had already burrowed his way into my life and I couldn't let go.

"Four months. What about school?" He asked, I knew what he was trying to do, he was trying to come up with ways to keep me from going. He had been trying that ever since I told him at the parlor.

"The school allowed me to have an online course of sorts. They'd email me everything and I would have a tutor coming in to help me." Jess nodded, he was a quiet man, but not with me. "I promise that I will video call you." I tried cheering him up. "It would be like having me right there with you." I held onto his shoulders, trying to get him to look at me.

"But I won't be able to hold you, or keep you safe Babe." I pulled him in for a hug. "It isn't like real life."

"I will be safe. Just don't worry about me. Okay?" He nodded, kissing me one last time and then walked away. I was never really good with goodbyes. I'm glad that he didn't turn back. I wiped my eyes and tried to smile.

"There you go, hurting him again. For that you will have to go upstairs and lock yourself in your room." The voice ordered. That was new. It never did that before, mainly because I would have already been drugged up before she could really get so severe.

I decided to ignore it and walk pass the reception area and up to the elevator. I dodged a man in overalls and a tool box before entering.

"You won't listen to me, will you?" The voice sneered, her pitch getting higher. I felt a painful sting flow through my ears, the elevator doors closed and I dropped to the floor, clutching my head in my hands. "What if I say I could get you trapped in here. In this elevator, what would you do?"

I was about to answer saying the word nothing, but my ears began to pain again as she screamed. I screamed out too. She was just a voice in my head, I tried to reason with myself to calm down.

"I am not just a voice." And that's when I looked up at my reflection in the elevator mirror, I had my fingers painfully deep in my ears with an ugly smile on my face.

I gasped, falling back. "So what will it be Babe?"

"No." I tried to fight back. But again my head began to hurt as she screamed, I feared that my ears would soon start to bleed. "Okay okay. I'll listen."

"Good." And then bell dinged, I was at our floor. I got off the floor and rushed into the house. Mom and dad were at the dinner table, staring at their food, not eating.

"Oh honey, there you are. We were so worried. Where were you?" Dad asked as he got up to assess me.

"Tell him to off himself!" I fisted my hands.

"What's wrong honey?" Mom asked, she too got up.

"Tell them to off themselves Babe. Or else!" I flinched, squeezing my hands into a fist.

"Babe?" Dad asked, coming to touch me, almost tip toeing as if I was a wounded puppy.

"Now Babe!!"

"No!" I shouted, holding my head as I shut my eyes.

"What?!" She screeched. "I will kill them Babe. It's either this or finding them dead and you behind bars. Decide." She ended in a deadly whisper.

"Babe?" And that's when dad grabbed me by the shoulders, his eyes filled with worry. I gave him a strained look, before saying something I would hate myself for.

"Go off yourself, both of you." I shoved passed dad and ran. I wanted it all to be over.

Mom gasped, dad didn't say anything. I locked myself in the room, tears falling down my face. "Good girl. Now go and shower." I wanted to resist, but she scared me. I didn't know what she would make me do if I didn't listen.

So I did as she said. I stripped and began to set the shower water. "Use cold water. And wash you hair." I complied, feeling as though I needed to be punished. I hurt my dad, I saw it in his eyes.

I cried under the water, my body turning numb against the cold. After I was done I was about to exit and close the taps, but she stopped me. "Again!" So I did, feeling my lips turn to ice, after a second round I rushed to change. I began to reach for the hair dryer, but the voice began again. "Do you really think you deserve to be happy? It's a sad shame they are stuck with you." I didn't want to be awake any longer. So without drying tm hair I crawled into bed. I was scared. Scared that I would wake up doing something that I wasn't supposed to. I wasn't in control of myself anymore. The voice stayed silent after that. She never speak. Never even hint that she was there. I began to cry, I was pathetic. I tried to calm myself. I tried to reason that I was in control, and that she could only take advantage of me if I gave her the permission. I told myself that for a while until I was calm enough and felt my eyes slowly droop close.

I don't know how long after, I woke up. I was standing outside my parents room door. I froze, I had sleep walked. I was about to turn and run, when an object in my hand brushed against my leg.

I looked down and there it was. A huge kitchen knife. Without thinking I quickly rushed into the kitchen and dropped the knife back into the open drawer. I could barely breathe. I had no idea what was happening.

"Don't doubt me Babe. I have more control over you than you think." I sobbed, cupping my mouth to try and keep quiet. I dropped to the floor and cried. 

♪Author's Note♪

Readers - The hell was that?!!!! The voice controls her?!!!!

Me😈 - Yes, yes it does.

Wazzup peeps!!! It's you girl El♥ here. Major twists and turns are popping up. I wasn't sure if I should finish this book at around twenty or thirty.

What do you guys think? Twenty- five or thirty?🤔

♪Questions♪

1. Do you think that the voice is going to get worse?

2. What do you think will happen to their relationship if Jess and Babe are separated?

3. Don't you feel bad for the parents?

Feel free to leave you answers in the comments.

Enjoy. Vote. Comment. Ellipsis167