Chapter Thirty-Three ♪ August Ninth (part3).

I got home, Wes was going to crash on the couch. There was only one bedroom any way. Jess did not leave my side once. After we talked about the plan he immediately got defensive. He didn't like it. And so did I, but it had to be done.

"Babe." Doc was outside, waiting for me. I couldn't look at her anymore without feeling ... bad? She was living with a monster and she didn't even know it. "You decided to come back?" I shrugged.

"I guess I wanted to finish this." I was about to walk away when I stopped. "And about earlier, I am sorry." I was referring to the episode that she thought I was having.

"It's fine, it's all part of the process. But I will be changing your meds."  I nodded and walked away, not before seeing Jak-Joseph staring at me through the window with triumphant smile.

I opened the out house door, it was just as we left it. I had cleaned up the mess I made earlier with the file and what not.

"I am just going to shower." I announced and rushed off to the room. I dropped my suitcase, stuffed my clothes back into the cupboard and then pulled out my sweats and tank top.

I stripped and hopped into the tub. I had filled it with bathing gel so it looked like I was being swallowed up by a cloud of bubbles. I haven't done this in years. I remember that mom did this for me everytime I was upset, and it used to cheer me up.

But as I sat there, marinading in the aloe vera scented bath, I couldn't help but feel tired. Not in the sleepy kind of way, but in the kind of way where I knew that my brain couldn't handle anymore emotional trauma.

"Muffin?" I heard a soft knock from the other side of the door.

"The door's open." I answered, just allowing my muscles to relax as Jess entered.

"Are you okay?" He sat at the edge of the tub, making sure his eyes stayed glued to mine and nothing else. He was too good to me.

"Not really." I shrugged. "I went from trusting you, to not trusting, to trusting you again and finding out that Jake is just a few steps away." Jess nodded, looking down to his lap.

"I am really sorry. I should have been honest with you earlier. But I thought that you'd get scared of me. Just like everyone else." He shrugged. And finally that door way that he kept showing me was wide enough for me to get in.

"But I'm not everyone else." And in a second I reached out and held his hand, mistakenly splashing him in the face, making me laugh. His hair turned a darker shade as it stuck to his forehead.

The surprise quickly faded from his face when he sighed. "I just wish you asked me about it Muffin. I know I always seem so put together, but it's because of all my therapy and lessons that I was put through." He gave me a tired look.

I leaned forward, my fingers skimming his cheek, he had a slight five o' clock shadow, making him look more rugged. He sighed out, leaning into my touch as he supported himself on the edges of the tub.

"I am the one who should be sorry. I let everything get to my head. I lost sight of you." I whispered, hoping Wes wouldn't hear us, I wanted this moment to be between us and no one else.

"You know you don't have to Muffin." He said, going to pull away, he was still guarded, he was scared.

"But I want to." I looked up at the ceiling.

"But I don't want you to want to." He said with a soft light hearted chuckle.

"So?" I gestured for a towel, going to rince myself off. He gave me an alarmed look and turned around. But boy did he look adorable. I pulled at the clog, all the water began to drain away.

I watched my sun kissed skin turn soft pink in the hit water under the white florescent lighting. "Babe?" Jess asked. Still facing the wall.

"Mhmm?" I answered trying to hurry.

"Where would you have gone ig you took that airplane home?" I gulped, not wanting to answer that. "I mean your parents wouldn't be an ideal place as they'd send you back, so where?" I knew that he knew that answer, he was just waiting for me.

"To Wes." I sighed out. He nodded and the next thing I knew was the bathroom door opening and closing.

He was bare. Not physically, but I saw all his feelings, his fear, his wants, his needs and his hopes.

I hurriedly shut the faucet and rushed out to find him, clutching my towel. I found him opening the black box. He stared at it with hate and disgust. My heart melted at the sight of him. I slowly top tied over to him.

"I love you." I whispered before grabbing the box. "And this doesn't change anything Jess." I placed it down in my study table and sat down next to him, holding my towel tighter.

"Still, I wish it wasn't me that you fell for. You've had enough crazy men in your life." I chuckled.

"Well I guess we were made for each ugher. Two crazy misfits meant to rule the world together." he smiled, kissing my cheek before he got up and left the room.

Now I hate that box even more.

♪Author's Note♪

Wazzup peeps. It's your girl El♥ here. I hope you guys are enjoying this messed up story line so far and can see it's relation to the title.

♪Questions♪

1. Would you go back to stay in the out house, knowing Jake is so close?

2. Why did Wes come to see her?

3. Do you think he only views her as a sister, even after that kiss in front of the airport?

4. Do you guys secretly ship Wes and Babe?

Feel free to drop your answers in the comment section.

Enjoy. Vote. Comment. Ellipsis167