Chapter Eleven ♪ May Fourteenth

I couldn't breathe properly. I felt a heavy body pressed against mine. And the first name that popped into my head was, Jake. My heart drummed against my chest, fighting to get away. But in an instant the person next to me got up and cupped my face in his hands.

"Just breath." And finally I could see who it was. Jess. I nodded, pressing my palm to his chest to match our pattern, finding some comfort from how close he was.

"You are okay. I will never let anything bad happen to you." I nodded, leaning my sweaty forehead against his, I couldn't care less. My bruise was still there, but it didn't hurt as much. "Why don't you go shower and I will go make you some breakfast." He said pecking my cheek.

"But it is four in the morning." I manged to say after sobering up. To answer my question, Jess just shrugged.

"I normally wake up early to go for a jog anyways." I couldn't help but feel as though he was lying to make me feel better. But I appreciated it.

"Oh, okay then." The weekend had flew by quite fast and we had to get ready for class, so it was best that we were up early. I gingerly entered the bathroom. I wanted to be in and out quickly. My paranoia was returning real fast, I needed help, but I didn't want to go back to my therapist. I didn't want to be back on that medication, the ones that drained away all my emotions.

So with lightening speed I showered and changed. My outfit of the day was whatever I could pull on fastest.

Once I was down stairs I noticed that Jess too had showered in the guest bathroom. His hair was a little damp and he had a fresh pair of clothes on. I told my parents that I had a friend over to keep me company, but they didn't know who and I was going to keep it that way. My mother would have had a proper heart attack if she knew who it was.

"Thank you." I whispered as I hugged Jess from behind.

"For what?" He quizzed.

"For being you." I felt him stiffen, but it was all gone as soon as I noticed it. I didn't think much of it, maybe he wasn't used to people saying that. I took a seat at the breakfast bar. There was a container filled with muffins from the day before. I pulled one out and began munching on them. In the last couple of days I had definitely picked on weight. Perks of stress eating.

"Here ya go mi'lady." He said, placing a bowl of noodles in front of me. Carbs. Just what I needed. I greedily dug into it, he took a seat next to me and he too began to eat.

"So what are we going to tell Mel?" I asked, slurping up the last bit of my noodles noisily.

"The truth." Jess answered without hesitation as he watched my caveman eating in amusement.

"But that would cause a problem between Wes and Mel." I would have never wanted to be the cause of their break up. Never.

"But it is better if she heard it from you, rather than another person." I couldn't argue with that, he had a point. I sighed. I wished that these last few days never happened, with the exception of Jess being with me.

"Fine, but I will try and tell her when we are alone. Lately Lexy has been acting all weird with me." I sighed, again. I really wished I knew what I had done.

Jess was already done with his noodles, so he went to drop the bowls into the dishwasher. "But make sure it is soon, so you don't stress about it." He kissed my bruised forehead tenderly and walked away to the room. I did the same, making sure to grab a beanie to cover my bruise. I passed the mirror on my way out, I looked awfully tired. I rubbed at my dark circles, there wasn't much I could do to change it. I looked just like I did a few years back, whilst I was still in treatment. I was ready to give up.

Just as I was about to grab my bag, I saw it. The box. It had been two days since I had received it and I hadn't even opened it. I couldn't, even though I wanted to. Every ounce of my being was screaming "No". I stared at it for a little while longer before I decided to distract myself with a book.

"Hey I have to skip school today." Jess said as he waltzed into the living room, his eyes glued to his phone.

"Wha-Why?" I asked, placing my book onto the sofa.

"Mom wants me to take her to the doctor." he gave me a sheepish smile. Though he had nothing to feel sorry about. I pushed back my uncertainty and smiled.

"Oh, you go do that. And keep me posted, let me know what the doctor says." He walked over and pecked my lips. I admit that I was a little upset that he didn't full on kiss me, but when he saw that he smirked.

"It is a promise for later." he winked. "Let me drop you off at school, okay?" I nodded, snuggling close to him as I continued to read.

He tapped my shoulder when it was time to go. It was the same comfortable silence in the car as he drove. I was watching him though. His brows furrowed a little in concentration. His hair messily gelled. A denim button up shirt left open to expose a black v-neck along with his black jeans.

He always did have a knack for dressing manly, if that even is a thing. "Here we go Babe." He said as he came to a stop. I reached over and kissed him, I couldn't help it. I needed a high that would at least calm or distract my nerves. He kissed me back, and I almost felt a confession flow through it, but it wasn't exactly one of love. It was something else, though I couldn't quite put my finger on it, it almost felt dangerous.

What was worse, I didn't mind it.

♪Author's Note♪

Wazzup peeps. It's your girl El♥ here. So I have noticed that not a lot of you have revoted for Chapter Three, that's cool though. I just hope you are enjoying the story. But thank you to ChildishPandaQueen for being such an amazing reader and for taking the time to revote. Do follow this gal, she is an amazing friend who is always there waiting for updates. Heck she is the one who reminds me😂😂❤

 Heck she is the one who reminds me😂😂❤

(Thanks again ChildishPandaQueen)

Okay back to the story, I am not sure if this all seems a little ... bland? The story I mean. If it is, leave a comment suggesting a way that you think would make it better.

♪Questions♪

1. Did Jess's mom actually ask him to take her to the doctor?

2. Do you think that she should open the box? Or is the anticipation working well for the story line?

3. Do you think that she should go back for therapy?

4. What do you think will happen if her parents find out who is staying with her?

Feel free to leave your answers in the comments.

Enjoy. Vote. Comment. Ellipsis167