Chapter Seven ♪ May Tenth (part2)

Jess was waiting downstairs in the living room whilst I decided to swap out my clothes for something more acceptable.
I put my usual make up, grabbed my phone and wallet, stuffing it into a small cute backpack. As soon as I reached the living room, I paused. There Jess was, looking as handsome as ever. His hair was gelled up in perfection. I quickly noticed that he was staring at a picture frame in a daze. I slowly walked up to him and followed his gaze.

It was a picture of me wearing a red summer dress and a red helmet. That was the day my parents had gifted me my bicycle. Unfortunately after we forgot it at school it was gone. Someone had managed to steal it.

"Ready?" Jess asked as he gave me a slow once over. I watched the end of his lips lift into a smirk. "Looking good Babe." And I heard my breathing hitch. He gave me an amused look at my reaction and grabbed my hand. "Let's go." Not long after we were sitting in his car and starting the fifteen minute drive to the bowling alley.

"Have you bowled before?" I asked, a little nervous and a little excited.

"A few times, but I didn't have good friends to play with." And there it was, a little door way that was letting me in.

"Oh, well now you do. I am very competitive. So don't be a sore loser when I win." I said smugly.

"Oh yeah? We will just see about that Babe." He winked, and I stopped breathing. Holy mother of cheesy pizza!!!!!

I was drooling, inwardly I hoped. He was just too gorgeous for his own good. And as soon as my heated stare caught his attention he smirked. He didn't look at me, he just carried on driving with a huge smirk across his face. A smirk that I wanted to taste so bad.

"You're looking at me that same way you do to muffins Babe." He said, giving me a cute grin. I dropped my gaze.

"Muffins taste better though." I said trying to retaliate, but all I did was embarrass myself further.

"I'd beg to differ, and so will you one day." I squeezed my shirt, trying to calm down. I was a pretty smart girl, I knew what he was insinuating. For the rest of the ride we kept quiet, well he did, whilst I was trying to stop the many dirty images that was popping up in my head.

"We are here." He said, getting out and opening my door. "Come." And I blushed, well I think I did. That word was not helping my dirty mind at all.

We hopped out and he guided me by the small of my back. I sighed out, just melting at the heat emanating from his hand.

As we neared the bowling alley Mel saw us and sprinted in our direction. She was very hyper, it made sense why she was on the cheer squad. "Damn girl." Mel whistled lowly. "Look at you." She had gotten me the shirt I was wearing for my birthday and I decided to bust it out.

"You like?" I asked striking a funny pose.

"It's a shame I don't run that way." She winked and we both laughed. I gave her a hug and then Wes. But Wesley was too busy watching Jess. He was tense and dare I say, angry?

I felt bad for Jess, he would already be uncomfortable and Wesley wasn't helping. So I walked over and grabbed his hand, squeezing it reassuringly. He gave me a grin in thanks.

"You guys are together?" Wes asked, glaring harder.

"Well n-" and Jess cut me off.

"Yes." He wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me to his side as he raised a defiant eyebrow at Wes. "Have a problem?"

"Not at all." Mel didn't notice a thing, she was too busy smirking, and making kissing faces at me to see how angry her boyfriend was. I huffed at Mel's teasing and dropped my gaze to my shoes. Eventually I felt a tug as we moved forward.

"What was that?" I asked Jess as we walked.

"Nothing." He shrugged. "Can't you see he likes you?" He asked, making me freeze.

"WHAT?!" I asked, thinking he was just messing with me.

"Yeah. That's why he can get a little annoyed when I am around." Jess said shrugging. "Besides the dude can't see when a girl is taken." And Jess walked off to hold the door for me.

I was all warm and gooey from Jess's words, but felt somewhat guilty for the realisation that I had just made. I didn't want to cause Mel any harm. I could hardly believe it though, they were picture perfect together. They never fought and always looked so in love. I just hoped that Jess was wrong.

We all signed up and decided that we would just bowl in our socks, not trusting the bowling shoes. We were put into teams. Couple versus couple. And I was lucky to have Jess. He was a pro. I sucked at first, but with his help, I was getting the hang of it.

Eventually we won. Wes was mad to say the least. He stormed off and Mel followed after, apologizing for his weird behaviour.

Jess and I found ourselves a table at the food court section. "What would you like to eat?" I asked, looking around. There was pizza, pasta, fried chicken and sushi. I wasn't a fan of sushi.

"You choose." I paused to think over it before answering.

"I have been craving fried chicken for a while."

"Fried chicken it is." He walked away to place our orders and as I sat there I saw Wes take a seat in front of me. I gave him an awkward smile, not liking to be near him after what Jess brought to my attention.

"Stay away from him Babe." Wesley said, a serious expression on his face.

"What?" I asked, frowning. "You can't tell me to do that." I said, going to get up, but Wesley grabbed my hand. I was on full alert, I didn't want or like him touching me.

"He is not who you think he is. Be careful." And with that he left, just in time for Jess to come back.

"What happened?" He asked seeing my worried face.

"Nothing really, was just worried about why you were taking so long." Jess's eyes brightened as he smiled. They looked oh so beautiful.

"Did you miss me that much?"

"No." I joked, he grinned and handed me my food. He was Jess. I could trust him, right?

Author's note♪

Wazzup peeps. It's your girl El here.

I decided that I should start writing author's notes to connect better with the readers.

I know, I know. The book's title is yet to make sense, but in due loves😈

 The book's title is yet to make sense, but in due loves😈

♪Questions♪

1. Does Wes actually like Babe?

2. Do you think she can trust Jess?

3. Anyone knows why Lexy is being weird and distant?

4. What do you think Wes meant when he said that Jess is not who she thinks he is?

Feel free to answer those in the comments. And give feedback. I always try to answer all comments and try to keep engaged with the audience.

Enjoy. Vote. Comment. Ellipsis167