Chapter Thirty ♪ August Second (part3).

I sat on a nice comfy blue sofa. Doc sat opposite me, notebook in hand and a much practised smile on face. I didn't know how to start, and the awkward silence in the room wasn't doing much to ease my nerves.

"Do you want me to ask you questions instead of you just talking?" She asked, opening to a specific page in her note book. I looked closer at her, she had below shoulder length hair, as if she just let it grow out. She was wearing these comfy fluffy looking rainbow pock-a-dot socks, a pair of tights and a plain shirt.

She was dressed as though she was about to go pig out in front of the TV screen and pull an all nighter filled with movies. I was still in my uniform. School was ... well it was school. I wasn't really bothered, but watched. After all I was the girl who managed to snag Jess.

"So how was your day today?" She questioned, bringing me out of my daze.

"It was good." I shrugged, honestly it was a very unoriginal question. I have heard that many times before. And the fact that I've heard it before from people like her made me belittled. I was badly broken.

"Have you been taking the medication that I'd prescribed?" She questioned, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

"One every morning and night." She gave me a proud look.

"Good. Now let's jump to the hard questions, shall we?" She adjusted how she sat before beginning. "How did you first meet Jake?" And my heart stopped, not out of shock, cause I totally saw that coming.

But out of fear. I didn't really want to tell her. It wasn't like we were best buddies and I was going to spill every small detail of my life to her.

But I knew I had to, if I wanted to get home sooner. So I took a deep breath. "On a family trip. He kind of became a family friend and that's why it was so easy to get to me. Only later on, after the whole thing we found out from the resort manager that he'd stalk the halls in the middle of the night and wait outside my bedroom." She didn't show any emotions, which unnerved me, and turned to scribble something down.

Her writing made me nervous. It was like I knew she'd be taking down things that made me seem crazy and I wanted to know what it was, so I could justify or defend myself.

"How did you feel when he raped you?" I gasped, gripping the arm rests.

"What kind of question is that?" I asked, highly offended already at the edge of my seat, ready to leave.

"It is a valid one. Now please answer Miss Mathew." I gulped, I knew how I felt. But did I really want to say it out loud again? Did I really want to accept it.

"Betrayed, weak, hurt, used, mislead, stabbed in the back ... embarrassed, need I go on Doc?" I snapped sarcastically, to which she paid no heed and shook her head.

"What happened after that?" I rolled my eyes. She clearly read my file, she would already know. I didn't see the point in her asking me about all these things again.

"Can I go now? It's been a long day." She glanced at her clock and hopped up.

"Sure, see you tomorrow Babe." And with that she lead me out her house door so I could run along to the out house. I didn't like talking about my past. It made me feel very shaky and paranoid.

As soon as I opened the door I was hit with a delicious cheesy meaty smell. "In the kitchen muffin!" Jess called out.

I waltzed in to find him pulling out a casserole. He was in a pair of sweats and his hair was wet.

He was a sight for sore eyes. I smiled to myself and skipped over to him. "So what's for dinner?" I pecked his nape as I hugged him joyfully from behind.

"Lasagna." He shrugged. "So how did it go?" He turned to face me, and picked me up, carrying me so that my legs were around his waist, as he leaned against the sink.

I ran my hands down my face. "A waste of time. She keeps asking me questions about things that she already knows. It is all in my file. Then she goes and take's notes. Like what the hell is she even writing there?!" I groaned, smacking my foeehwd in his shoulder as he carried me to the bedroom. He sat me on the bed.

"Just give her a shot Babe. She will make sense and it will help eventually." My curiosity was peaked.

"How would you know?" I asked, lifting an eyebrow.

"Because I went for therapy before Babe. It helps. You just have to trust the process." I sighed, nodding to myself. Him talking about therapy kept bringing up the file. I wanted to look into it so bad, but that just seemed wrong.

"Can I ask why?" I looked up at him, biting nervously onto my lip. He stiffened besides me. Jess was really private about most things, it sometimes makes me feel as though I don't really know him.

"I guess it's only fair." He sighed, sitting up right. I turned to my side, giving him my full attention. This was it.

"I had someone who I thought I loved. We started off as best friends, always together. Her name was Wren. She was Wes's sister." And the dreaded feeling started to build up in my stomach. Did he kill her?

"But Wren wasn't like anyone I've met before." His eyes were filled with this distant nostalgia, as if he was trying to grip onto a memory that was her. I felt a little hurt. But wouldn't let my jealousy stop him. "She was not a good person. Well she was at first. But she changed. She became greedy, cunning and would lie about everything. But I was stupid, I still loved her." He shook his head, angry at himself.

"She started to become boarder line crazy, like she was got jealous easily, clingy and controlling. I confronted her about it, but she went psycho. She started throwing things around, hitting herself." A tear was about to fall from his eyes, but he was quick to wipe it away. I didn't know how to comfort him, it was almost as if the tables were turned.

"I tried stopping her, but she wouldn't listen. The next thing I knew was that she flung herself out the window. I lost her that day, but years later I realized that I had lost her way before that. I was blamed for her death, but after a year of investigating I was proved innocent. But damage was done and I had to go for therapy." He gave me a guarded look, as though he knew I would react horribly and would throw him to the curb.

But I couldn't do that do him. I crawled onto his lap, his chocolate brown eyes softened a bit. "I am proud of you. You were so strong." I hugged him. But I couldn't help but feel as though he was hiding something.

♪Author's Note♪

Wazzup peeps, its your girl El♥ here. I hope you guys are all doing well. I myself is getting along with life. I am a bit nervous for school. Which is like a day or two away. Argh!!!!

Questions

1. What do you think he is hiding?

2. Do you trust the Doc?

Feel free to drop you answers in the comments. This chapter is dedicated to LauraMay_Us for being an amazing friend and shoulder to lean on. Love ya sis🤗🤗

Apologies for errors, will edit when the book is completed.

Enjoy. Vote. Comment. Ellipsis167