Chapter Thirteen ♪ May Sixteenth

I was laying on my bed, Jess's head on my stomach as I ran my hand through his hair. I remembered just leaving Mel's house after my conversation with Wes. I didn't want to believe him. So I left. It was a low blow from him.

I rushed home to find Jess in the kitchen, playfully singing along to a song as he cooked. I couldn't understand how someone like him could kill. I couldn't see that. But even though I didn't want to believe it, there was still this small voice that rang out in my head. I was uncertain.

Could I really trust him? Jess stirred from his sleep, nuzzling closer to my stomach. He told me that his mom was in pretty bad shape and that he had to look after her for a while, that was why I couldn't reach him for so long. I couldn't argue against that, Jess wasn't up to anything shady. But Wes had gotten into my head. And I hated it.

Jess finally woke. It was two in the morning and I had yet to fall asleep. "What happened?" Jess asked groggily, as he got off from me. He was such a beautiful sight, but I couldn't help the slight streak of fear that passed through me. What if he is a killer, am I his next victim?

"Nothing." I smiled. "Was thinking about the box." He nodded, pulling me onto him as he held me close.

"Do you want to open it?" And in that moment I decided that it would be a great distraction from all my torment. I silently got out of bed, reached out and waited for Jess to take my hand.

Even though he supposedly killed someone, he made me feel safe and if he was a killer, then so be it. I wasn't even sure if Wes just lied to keep him away.

Jess gladly took my hand, with a caring smile. We walked downstairs to the shelf. I took a seat as he grabbed the box. He took a seat on the coffee table in front of me, then placed the box onto my lap.

My hands were shaking. I was nervous and scared. I had waited days for this moment. I thjught that this would have been the only thing that plagued my mind, yet I was using this as a distraction. "You got this Babe." Jess said, kissing my forehead.

I took a deep breath and pulled at the pale pink ribbon, it came undone with ease. My heart lodged itself in my throat. I tried taking a breath, but my lungs refused it.

I pulled at the lid, it popped off, my were eyes shut. I was scared that something would come jumping out. But after a few quiet seconds, nothing happened. I finally took what was left of my courage to look inside.

There was a pale pink piece of clothing and a black card. I gently pulled the card, looking into Jess's eyes before reading.

My Babe

I write this with the deepest regret I could muster. I didn't mean to miss your birthday, but some unfortunate events have held me back.

That is a lie, I did see you on your birthday. You were wearing your worn out kicks, a high waisted grey skirt and a black shirt. You looked adorable, even as you stuffed your face with chocolate and mint ice cream.

When I saw you, I remembered why I was enticed with you. Even after all those years you still had that innocent baby girl look on your face. But when I looked closer I saw mischief.

I can't wait for you to be mine. And when you are, I will dress you happily in this pink dress and steal you away from the world. All I ask is for you to wait for me.

I have always loved you. Ever since I left. But now I am back.

And I am coming for you.

Love J

I dropped the card with shaky hands. Jess looked at me with alarm. "Are you okay? What did it say?"

"Jake is coming." And I burst out crying, shaking painfully. He sent that box many days ago, and I only looked at it now. He could have already been here. If only I had opened it earlier. I could have prepared, I could have left.

He was there from my birthday. He came for me. He will take me away. And that was when I remembered that night when I walked home. I knew that someone was following me.

I didn't realize that Jess had me in his arms as we rocked back and forth. I was a mess. I was scared. Jess stayed by my side for the longest time. And in that moment I knew that he wasn't a murderer. He couldn't be.

I turned and wrapped myself around him. Just holding him, pleading silently with my body for him to never let me go. To stay and help me. And he seemed to have answered as he began to hold me tighter.

I didn't realise it then, but I had fallen asleep.  My mind was tormented with nightmares, of the pain that I thought I would never felt again.

Of the hurt between my legs. Of the bites at my skin, of the forced kisses and the forced everythings.

I woke with a sweat. My cheeks were wet with tears and my heart was going a hundred miles and hour. Jess wasn't besides me. I didn't bother about what I looked like, I ran. I ran around the house. Finally finding him in the living room. He was sliding the box back onto the shelf.

As soon as he turned I tackled him into a hug. He didn't question me, he just rubbed my back as he lead me back upstairs to my bed, back to sleep. Back to world of nightmares, only this time he would shield me from them, he would banish away all my demons, he would take away all my worries and would kiss away all my pain. I felt safe.

I felt protected.

♪Author's Note♪

Wazzup peeps!!! It's your girl El♥ here.

So Jake is back in town 😏😈 And the plot thickens. *evil cackle*

If any one of you guys need an editor or just someone you want to talk to, I am always free😊❤ don't be afraid to ask

♪Questions♪

1. Do you think that Jess is a killer?

2. What would you do if you found out that your abuser was coming for you?

3. Do you think that there is more in the box under the dress?

4. What would you do if your loved one was in Babe's position?

Feel free to leave your answers in the comment section.

Enjoy. Vote. Comment. Ellipsis167