Chapter 16

You both skidded to a stop in front of the school, both triumph grins, panting heavily, and messed hair. You chuckled and glanced up to Sally who had clung to you for dear life and messier hair than the both of you.

"You alright Sal?" she nodded just a little bit and slowly looked up from your neck and squinted eyes to look at you, "I'm fine, daddy."

With a sigh and smile, you knelt down so she can slide off your back. You quickly fixed and attempted to untangle her hair with care to which, turned out really good and not long at all.

You then turned to look at Toby, "You wanna go in or are you gonna stay outside?"

He shrugged and decided to comb his own hair with his fingers, "I'll come with." You nodded at his answer and Sally took your hand, walking up to the doors and pressed a button. You three waited and looked down to grin at Sally.

"So Sal," she glanced up at you in confusion and waited for you to continue, "Who won?" She giggled and smiled. "Toby."

Gasping in fake of being offended, you put your other hand on your chest, "Sal! I am hurt! You are no longer my favorite." You heard Toby laughing from beside you and let out a huff with a slump of yours shoulders. She giggled once more and turned to the doors.

Just as she did, the buzzer went off, signaling the doors are unlocked. You opened the door and walked in, holding the door for Toby.

He walked through the door but not without a victory grin, he's still on the fact that he won. Walking up to the doors, you opened it and went to go sign Sal in.

She was right beside you and asked the lady for a note. The lady at the desk looked at her then you and nodded.

You turned to look at Toby but found no one there. Furrowing your brows, you had stopped to look around for him.

He was in a seat behind you both and had his cheek in his palm with his elbow rest on the chair arm.

You noticed he looked bored and decided to continue with the sign in. Dropping the pen on the clipboard and turning to Sally just as she got her note she looked up at you. Kneeling down to her, you kissed her forehead and smiled.

"Do great things, sweetheart and I'll be here to pick you up after school." She nodded and hugged you before walking out quickly off with a grin.

Turning to look at Toby, you nudged your head to the door and he got the gesture. He stood up and stretched as he trailed behind you.

Exiting the school, you found yourself taking a moment to look at everything.

"So what now?" He raised a brow with his arms behind his head.

"Shopping and other errands." He seemed to nod but only for a second to glare at you. "Don't worry, they don't take long."

He didn't like your response but left it alone. He turned away with his arms crossed as you both walked in the direction of town.

When you both got there, it's was nearly packed. "Christmas shopping. It's like this EVERY year.." you said as you grabbed a cart on your way in.

"Ah. Must suck for the enployees." Toby said as he took a look around at all the people who were doing their own thing, shopping, looking, and trying on new things.

He frowned a bit at this, not used to being around this many people so he stayed close to you. You gave him a hum of agreement after a moment of thinking on what you both need for the week.

Sighing, smiling at all the Christmas decorations that was put around the store. Even if it was little and cheap.

Walking around the store for awhile, you got all what you needed and glanced over at Toby who's been quiet and close to you, anxious to get out of the store.

You felt bad, knowing this is out of his comfort zone. So you counted up all on what you have in your cart and smiled.

"Hey, Toby." He slightly turned his head to look at you, he looked confused but more nervous.

"Why don't you go get some things you want, alright?"

He seemed surprised at this. He did a double take and stared at you. Only then did you have the look of genuine on your face did he gleam and jump at this.

You chuckled at this and watched him drag you to some isles of the store to get what he wanted. And let's just say, he got a lot.

You look in disbelief at the amount of things but smiled anyways.

He was already happy and all of the nervousness was gone. You were glad that he was. "Alright, Toby. Let's head up to the check out so we can get out of here."

Nodding, he ran over to the check up point with the biggest grin. Rolling your eyes at this, you scanned the items at the self check out and paid.

You both began to get the bags and carried them out of the store. "Let's go somewhere less crowded and get back."

"Alright, I was thinking about the bridge, yeah?" He nodded at this and you both headed straight for it.

You saw that there was no one there and glanced over at Toby. "We'll have to come back out, I still got more things to do."

He grumbled a bit. "I wanna go back to sleep." You smirked.

"I'll take you to IHOP." He shot his head to look at you.

"You better not be lying about that shit." He seemed a little excited but a little shocked.

"I wouldn't lie about that, I promise you." You still had that smirk on your face then looked ahead.

You felt a hand on your shoulder and closed your eyes, gripping the bags as you began to feel a little sick.