Chapter 20

(Pretty spooky stuff.)

You guys walked down the snowy path, the street lights above guiding you two down. It was empty, no car or a single soul in sight.

It's been silent since you both left and it was actually surprisingly calming. You had to go by memory on where these bastards lived and you did not want to walk all the way back and grab your papers.

You stopped once you found one of the places that you marked down. You remember this place because of the bland porch and old Christmas lights. The couple that lived here is just sick.

If you remember correctly, you wrote on the paper that on weekends they make their kids go to their grandmother's house.

They were involved with a lot of shady people with dealing drugs, alcohol, money, and sometimes even their own kids.. you wanted to try and get these people first. No matter what, you wanted them to suffer.

You glanced over at the man and then over to a dark place where the light didn't touch. Once in the dark, you plopped your bag down and began quick and shakily taking your equipment out.

"Do you want me to stay outside?" He quietly asked. You shrugged. "You can if you want but just be careful cause I'm not stable right now."

He nodded at this and glanced at the house as you both were crouched down in the dark. You held back a chuckle and slid your mask on and your hood up.

He looked at you and just stared. You didn't even notice this as you were taking out some rope and rags out to stuff into your pockets and around your waist.

The man just continued to stare at you, he saw your eyes and they glowed softly in the dark and was in facination by this.

You glanced over at him and gestured for him to follow you. He did just that and headed in the direction of the backyard.

~

After a few hours of nonstop torturing the sick couple in a blind rage, you ended them. They were both disgusting. You wanted so badly to just keep making them suffer but you didn't want the man waiting for too long so you took maybe half an hour at each house. Maybe even lower.

Oh how you enjoyed it but so little time. It was even more fun when you got completely lost in it and jumped into a van close by, destroying everything and everyone inside.

Their screams filled the night, funny, you didn't even bother to shut the door. It was just a weird scam or deal thing going on anyways so it didn't even bother you, not what you'd usually go for but it was worth it.

Dear God you were alive, feeling free and your heart pound and jump in giddy. You actually had to take a moment to laugh it all out. To you it sounded as if you had heard the funniest joke on Earth.

You had to catch your breathing and had to stay on the ground a few times from how bad you were losing it.

Being quite thankful to the man for actually helping you stand. One arm was slung over his shoulder and your other arm holding up the bag.

The man convinced you to sit down on a bench so you can calm down and you did. Was that a relief, not falling back in the snow to continue your laughing session.

The man helped you clean the snow off the bench and sat down on it.

It wasn't the best at the moment but it was relieving for the both of you.

As time passed by, you had cooled down, feeling very exhausted and drained from the events that happened.

Lifting your head to look up at the sky to which was getting brighter. The sun was rising.

A chuckle to your left made you look at the man and tilted your head since he hasn't made a sound or said anything for the past few hours.

"Got it all out of your system?" He said quiet with humor in it.

You rolled your eyes and smirked at him.

"You don't know how long I've been wanting to do that. It's been years. If you hadn't suggested to find a bench to cool down, I think I would have continued on."

He seemed to snort at this. "I bet. Must have been a hell of a time for you."

"Yeah, but the struggling was all worth it. I feel like a new man."

You both ended up laughing at this. Shaking your head, you rested your head back and let your eyes close.

Shuffling was to your right and you didn't mind it. After a few seconds of it, you glanced up in confusion.

The man seemed to have stood up and patted around his pants and jacket. He seem to be annoyed but trying not too.

"What are you looking for?" You had sat up straight to look at him.

"My cigarettes. I can't- fucking- where are they? I can't find them." He sounded frustrated. He soon gave up on trying to find them and plopped down beside you.

Staring at him, you gave him a smile. "It's fine, there's a gas station not far, maybe a block or two away. We'll go get some stuff and I'll get you some cigarettes if you want."

He turned to his to your direction he was hunched over with his arms resting on his thighs. He seemed to think it over.

"I was going over there anyway so you have no choice." You chuckled and shot up, yanking your bag up and slung it over your shoulder. Going to a house to go change your clothing in one of the closest houses that you had gotten done with.

He seemed to linger there before standing up and trailing right after you.

Unbeknownst to you, the man behind you let a small smile spread to his mouth. He actually enjoyed the night you both had. Even if you lost your mind during those hours.