Chapter 19

(You guys had to wait for my lazy ass to write for a long time so I present to you, TWO chapters in one day. Enjoy.~)

You watched as the tall.. man, back up and close his door. Blinking a few times, you turned to look at the man behind you who was already turned around and walking away.

Quickly turning around, you did the same and caught up with him.

Both were silent, and you decided to try and start up a conversation. "Sorry about waking you up.. I just.. really need to cool off, ya know?"

You still felt nervous for interrupting his sleep since it's around midnight.

"I wasn't asleep." He said, his voice low and quiet.

"Oh, then I'm sorry for-" he cut you off.

"I wasn't doing anything besides watching TV."

You stared at him then turned to look ahead as you two were now heading down the stairs. "Ok then."

As you both descended, you heard something run up and call out, "Daddy!"

You looked up and seen Sally run up to you. "Hey, sweetheart. What are you still doing up?" You had lift her from under her arms and held her as she hugged you.

"Miss Clocky and I were about too. We were trying to find you so we can go to bed!" Your eyes widened a bit and frowned slightly.

"Oh um." You tried to think of something, anything to not upset her, you were actually kind of panicking now.

"Sally, where are you?" You both looked at Clockwork and gave her a look of, 'help me'.

She looked at you, then at Sally. "I found him!" Clock looked at Sally then back to you.

"What's going on?" She asked in confusion.

You panicked again and looked away. "Yeah! Why aren't you dressed for bed?" Sally asked, poking your cheeks with a pout on her face. She looked adorable like that.

"I was.. uh.. I was heading out tonight." You tensed up at this, you had to tell them.

She looked at you in confusion then frowned. "Where you going?" She sounded upset and scared.

"I was just gonna go do.. stuff." You frowned at her change of behavior.

"C-Can I go with? I-I'll be good!" She began panicking.

Your eyes widened and your heart broke. You went to go say something but then you heard a sigh from right beside you.

"(Y/N), she needs to hear the truth."

The three turned to look at the man beside you to whom was very calm.

"W-What?" You had a look of horror across your face, was he ACTUALLY gonna make you spill it out? Make you tell her you've been slaughtering horrible people? He wouldn't make you, would he?

"She needs to know about it, about you." He said, staring at you. You then heard Clock from behind you.

"Um, Masky I don't think that's a really good idea." You looked at her and saw a look of slight anger and horror herself.

"No, I think it's the perfect time. Kid, listen.."

The man walked up to you both, Sally was confused at this point and looked at him, tilting her head. You froze, you couldn't do anything. You felt as if you were about to collapse.

"Your Dad didn't want you to know about this until you were older but, he can't keep lying to you."

You tried to move, you tried to say something but couldn't, this is it.. I'm so sorry Sally..

"He actually works with Santa and was wanting to talk to him about your presents."

Everything went silent, dead silent.

Did.. did this guy just help you out?

You then glanced over to see if Sally was ok, but before you could you felt tiny arms wrap around your neck tightly and heard a bunch of giggling.

"Really!? You work with Santa Claus? Why didn't you tell me! My friends are gonna be really excited once they hear about this! What is he like? Is he what the books say he is? How-" The questions kept coming and piling up.

"He's as big and jolly as he can be. Now how about you and Clockwork head upstairs so your dad and I can go see him."

She grinned at this and giggled. "Ok!"

"And hey, maybe in the morning, you can write him a letter and a list of things you want. We'll even take it to him personally so you don't have to wait. How does that sound?"

You two practically could see the stars in her eyes as Clock behind you was still dumbfounded.

She was gleaming and excited at this point. She began to go into a giggling fit and held her cheeks to try and stop herself from grinning.

"Come on Sally, let's get you to bed so you can wake up real early to make your list. I bet you want a lot and got stuff to say and ask about him."

She nodded and you placed her down on her feet, she ran up to Clock and grabbed her hand, eagerly pulling her up the stairs. "Can you believe it Miss Clocky? My Daddy works with Santa! He works with Santa!"

You heard some quiet laughter. "I heard and that's so cool."

You watched them go up the stairs before turning to look at the man as he walked away. "Come on or you'll never get out of here."

You look at him with a big grin on your face and quickly walked up beside him. "Thank you for saving my ass back there, I didn't even think to tell her that."

He hummed at this and opened the door to step into the cold snowy night.

You had previously packed a bag and hid it under one of the tables beside the door. Yanking it out from under, you slung it onto your shoulder and ran out but not without closing the door.