year 5 - sleep (winter pt.9)

"Oh. I didn't want you to kill him." His voice startles me. Jacob wipes the knife blade on his shirt. His body shines in the darkness. "Let's make sure he's still breathing."

"I'm alive." He coughs.

"Alair." My voice shakes. Why was I sad for someone who abused me?

Jacob crouches behind me, kisses my head, strokes my face. "Little Wolf, let's begin the transfer, shall we?" His voice snakes around me, and I remember only good things about him. Warm laughter, gentle touches. Respect, care, and all the kissing and fucking I'll ever need. Things that I will never receive from this current master.

Yes. I will leave him for Jacob. Already, my fingers are entwined in his, my tail brushing against his thigh. His moan makes me stiffen, and it feels so good to be free like this.

"The clan," murmurs the boy. He coughs again. Disgusting human. Specks of blood stain the snow.

"They're taking a break tonight." Jacob wraps his arms around my waist.

Yes. They dare not approach us, my lover and I.

I shiver with pleasure in his embrace. He leans his head against my shoulder, and I gasp when he nibbles the skin of my neck. "And, Alair, all you need to do is follow what I say." He licks me, and I moan.

"What...?"

"Remember what you said to me on the night you came to study?" He raises the knife in the air.

And he's alert, suddenly, trying to escape. I hiss and bare my teeth. His eyes widen. He reaches for us. "Jacob, no. Please- NO!"

There's a scream, a shimmer of a beautiful silver blade, and ribbons of blood appear across my hands. I suck in air, the stench immediately staining the air. I will accept this pain to belong to him.

"Jacob, stop!" He's on his knees, holding his hand out, as if he could stop time like that. "You're hurting him!"

"It's just a part of the transfer," he says. "Remember our agreement, Alair? I'll need your blood, too."

Another scream that slices trees, melts snow, shatters stars. The boy stares at his own hands, now covered in long slices across his palms. "Jacob. Don't." He chokes with tears. I watch him, and I grasp Jacob's hand. I cannot feel sorry for this human.

"Why not, Alair?" His fingers are long and graceful as he twirls the knife. I watch the orange motes from the lantern creep through the snow, surrounding in pools along the base of the trees, fallen trunks, the dead, bloody body. "You already agreed on that night. Kyrov and I will be servant and master. I'll take good care of him."

He makes no sound as he cuts his own palm open. His blood falls on my bare shoulder. He licks it off, and I shiver at the warmth of his tongue. He transfers the knife to his cut hand, holds the bare one up in the moonlight, his nails glinting. A piece of art. He gouges into his palm, spreads his hand over my bare belly. Despite the blood, waves of pleasure wash over me. I close my eyes as he strokes my face, my belly, my dick. "Kai will be happy." He strokes my face again. "See? He likes it. He isn't arguing. He accepts this."

"You said you didn't want an omega, Jacob."

"I've thought about it since then, Alair. This is how I will survive. By transferring Kai to me, I can fuck him as many times as I want." I feel myself grow in his hands, his breath hot against my neck. The collar pulses with heat, in time with my heart. With his hands. "I'll be sane, Alair. I won't need to go around and prostitute myself anymore. I can kiss him and fuck him and do all sorts of fun things without him dying or going fucking crazy. We'll both be alive, and we'll love it. We'll be exactly the same.