Chapter 1

Clary's POV

"Clary how many times do I have to tell you," Jace explained, "I don't think your ready to help in this mission."

We were sitting in my room at the Institute, everyone was getting ready to help with a demon problem in center city New York. Practically everyone in the Institute was going, even Luke's Wolf Pack was going to help out, the problem was that bad. Maryse had originally said yes to let me tag along, and said it would help in her training, but after a long talk on the phone with Jocelyn she changed her mind and said it was too dangerous. However this didn't change my mind.

"The report said there were dozens of demons, and some of the kinds mentioned I've never even heard of! Look Clary I know how badly you want to come along, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you were injured, and I knew I could have avoided it."

"Please Jace, all I really want to do is help, I'm sick of always being helpless on the sidelines watching you guys do all off the work and getting hurt in the process. All I want is to not be completely worthless"

"Clarissa Fray, if you are anything it's not worthless, by the angel, you have saved everyone of us more times then I personally would like to admit. And on another point you are helping, you are the one drawing the portal for us to get there, Magnus could do it for us but we think you should, it'll help you learn control your power better."

After I said nothing Jace took the opportunity to try one final argument.

"I love you Clary more then anything in the world, you know that, and I only want what's best for you."

And with that statement he leaned forward and kissed her, a bit surprised at first I gasped and resisted, but Jace overpowered me and I kissed him back, moving my mouth with his, feeling him against me, he pushed me lightly down onto my bed and got on top of me to deepen the kiss. I closed her eyes, so involved with the kiss that I forgot the fact that I could barely breath. Finally, Jace pulled away and looked down at me.

"I'll be back no later then tomorrow night, and every minute I'm gone I'll be looking forward to the minute I can see you again." Jace smiled down at me. "I love you"

He then got up and went out my door to pack his weapons and gear. Once he was gone I reached for my stele, I always felt more comfortable and powerful while holding it. I was still infuriated that I couldn't go with them, and was half considering jumping in the portal after them when they were gone. 'No', I told herself. 'What would that do to them', I thought, 'you remember what happened when you went to Idris, the were beyond mad at you. But you want to go so badly.' I felt like I was in one of those corny movies where the devil was telling me to give in on the one shoulder and the angel was telling me to do what was right on the other. I sighed and put my stele away, and got up to start walking towards the bathroom, cold showers always helped me clear my head, I was halfway across the room when I felt a sharp pain above my waist, I looked down and saw the blade of a dagger covered in blood sticking out of me.

~~~~~~~~~~

So what do you guys think?!?!

I'm sorry if the chapters short this is my first ever fan fiction so I don't really know how it all works and how long I made it exactly but if it is short I promise I'll make the chapters longer in the future! Feedback, and votes are greatly appreciated, let me know what you guys think and I'll try to update as soon as possible!

Thanks,

~TMILegend