Chapter 23

Clary's POV
"You've got to be kidding me"

"Nope." I reply "You don't understand, I really need to move around."

"Clary, I don't know if you've seen your leg or not, but I have, and there's no way I'm going to let you walk on that thing."

"Jace, it's either you help me walk to the training room, or you don't and I'll drag myself there if I have to."

He didn't move for a second so I started to sit up slowly and push my legs over the side of the bed. Jace sighed and put his arm around my waist to help me stand. As soon as I put weight on my leg my knees buckled. Luckily he was waiting for that, he caught me and helped me stand shaking his head.

"I swear sometimes I think your trying to kill yourself."

"Or I'm just trying to get your attention." I tease

"You don't have to try this hard, you always have my attention." He replies rolling his eyes. "Now try to take a step with your bad leg first before I change my mind about this."

I smile and take a step putting all of my weight on my uninjured leg. I go to take another step and try to put weight on my bad leg, but I can't hold it and I end up putting more weight on Jace then my legs. My whole body is shaking by the time I reach the infirmary door, and I think the stab wound opened slightly, I can feel the bandage dampen against my leg but I keep silent, or else Jace without a doubt would bring me back to the bed.

We finally make it to the elevator luckily we didn't see anyone that could send us back on the way there. We stood in silence in the elevator, mostly because I was panting from the effort, and if I said anything Jace would lecture me on how this was a bad idea.
After maybe twenty minutes of walking there at our slow pace we make it to the training room. My face is beaded with sweat and I collapse on a chair once Jace lets go of me, he takes a seat right in front of my chair. It takes me a few more minutes to recover, the walk was a lot more of an effort then I though it would be.

"Why did we come up here again? I don't think you have any energy left to actually do anything." Jace says breaking the silence.

"Who said anything about me doing anything?"

"What do you mean?" Jace looks at me conspicuously

I shrug, "I came up here for you to practice you've spent all this time with me in the infirmary, you need to exercise."

"You could have just told me to go to the training room and practice." He says standing back up.

"Maybe I didn't want to leave you, and lets be real here would you really leave me alone in the infirmary, with no one there to watch me."

He shuffles his feet and says in a small voice: "Fine your right I wouldn't have."

"Whoa wait what was that I didn't catch that first part?" I laugh

"Clarrryy"

"What did you say Jace?" I can't contain the grin spreading across my face

"I said Clarrryy"

"Before that!"

"You were right..."

"Wait wait wait, let me get this straight Jace Herondale, the Jace Herondale was wrong?!"

"It happens sometimes."

I can't help but laugh at him.

"Hey! Stop laughing or I'll pick you up and bring you back to the infirmary."

I bite my lip to hold my laughter, but I can't wipe the grin from my face.

"Good now if you'll excuse me, according to you I need to train."

I watched as he did flips, cut the heads off of dummies, and shot arrows at targets. It was fascinating to watch him as he did everything so gracefully. As he's shooting the targets I pick up the knife on the table next to my chair and turn it in my left hand. I prefer my right but I still had the punctures in my shoulder from the fucking demon. I throw the knife up and it does a flip in the air. As it comes down I grab the handle, turn my shoulders and throw it at the target Jace is aiming at. The knife flys through the air directly under Jace's upright arm holding the bow, and strikes the center af the target. Jace, now startles, tries to fire his shot but completely misses the target.

"What the hell was that!?" He asks turning around

I shrug "Sorry"

"Sorry? That was amazing!?"

"Are you kidding, I almost took your arm off."

He was grinning ear to ear now "You knew you wouldn't hit me."

I look at the bow in his hand and come up with an idea.

"I have an idea."

"And what's that?"

"Let's have a knife throwing competition, if I win, once I'm healed you have to teach me to use a bow."

"Fine...but if I win you have to promise not to leave the infirmary without me for a whole week."

I roll my eyes at him. "Deal, we'll aim for those five targets over there, person closest to the center gets a point, first to three points wins."

Jace walks over to get us ten knives, and comes back with a smirk on his face.

"You first."

I take the knives from him and throw one at the first target. It lands on just outside the bullseye, leaving a lot of room for Jace. He takes advantage of it, and lands his just inside of mine. Out of the corner of my eye I see him give a small smile. I try to not pay attention to it, and throw my next knife. This one lands just on the inside of the bullseye, and he lands his just outside of mine.

"1 to 1" he says. A determined look on my face, I let my third knife fly and land it not even half a centimeter from the center. He takes a deep breath and throws his knife, not even hitting the bullseye this time. Now I smile, I have him. I throw my final knife and it sinks into the direct center of the target with a satisfying 'tshunk.'

"That's not fair." Jace complains.

"Of course it's fair now throw."

He throws his last knife and it lands just outside of mine.

"I'm looking forward to our archery lesson." I say with a grin

"And I'm looking forward to our rematch." He replies turning towards me.

"Oh really?"

"Really" he says, and he closes the gap between us and presses his lips to mine. I smile under his lips and kiss him back, I can't deny how much I love him. He finally pulls away, and I try to look up to meet his eyes. All of the sudden my vision gets blurry and I gasp, it's not my concussion this time.

"Clary?" Jace asks but I don't respond, I lean back heavily in the chair. Then I realize what it is, I look down at my leg and see I giant dark spot on my sweatpants over my thigh. Jace follows my eyes and I watch as he sees what I'm looking at. Slowly he pulls up my pant leg, his eyes widen as he sees that the wrap on my leg that was once white is now a dark red.

"Clary!-" He starts but it's too late for me to hear the rest. My head slumps back, and darkness over takes me.

~~~~~

Hey guys i'm sorry this was supposed to be up yesterday, but wattpad deleted half the chapter when I published so I did the best I could to get it up in a timely manner.

Hope you enjoyed!

~TMILegend