Chapter 22

Clary's POV

I wake up in my white infirmary bed, it was still night outside, but I don't know if I slept a 2 hours or 24 hours. The left side of my body sends a cold chill through me, as I turn my head to see it is completely uncovered by the blankets. Then I remember Jace was with me before I fell asleep when he promised not to leave me.

'He's probably just getting something to eat' I tell myself, but it still wasn't exactly reassuring. I sit there in silence waiting for sleep or Jace, whichever came first. Finally after what felt like forever Jace walks into the infirmary and right over to my bed.

"Hey there Clare-Bear I didn't think you would be up already."

I gave him a small smile "Well do I ever cease to surprise you?" I tease

"Good point" He replies, "But you should really go back to bed."

"Jaaace" I groan, "Stop trying to make me go to sleep, it's getting annoying"

"Alright what do you want to do then?"

"Just talk, just the two of us."

"Okay your wish is my command but what should we talk abo-"

Just as he was about to finish is sentence Alec burst into the room, his bow and hand, and a quiver of arrows on his back. Jace immediately stood up on alert.

"Alec...whats wrong?"

Alec moves too quick for me to see and before I know it an arrow is notched in the bow ready to be fired...and its aimed at me. I look into his eyes, I must have looked frightened because he sneers, then I see his usual blue eyes flash black for the slightest moment.

"Alec-" I begin

"Shut up you traitor"

"Alec what are you talking about?" Jace asks

"Well your little innocent girlfriend seems to have been working with Valentine the whole time, this is all a setup Jace."

"What?" I say as I try to sit up, but fire courses through my aching body and I freeze until it goes away. "Alec what are you talking about I would neve-"

"I said shut up!" He screams and lets the arrow fly. Im suddenly pinned to the back of the bed by my shoulder, the end of the arrow sticking out of it and I cry out as the nerves of pain reach my brain.

"ALEC!" Jace screams but now Alec's second arrow is pointed at Jace, he gives an evil laugh as he lets if fly, and I watch in horror as it sinks into his heart.

I scream, I scream my head off before I feel something close around my neck, choking me. I look down and see that its Alec's hand, he squeezes tighter and I struggle more before he smiles.

"Hail Valenti-"

I suspect he was going to say Valentine but before he finished I was woken to someone violently shaking me. I hear a scream and am frightened that someone was attacking us until I realized it was me that screamed.

"Clary! Clary please wakeup!" I hear Jace desperately cry out as I'm shaken again. I groan and open my eyes to see Jace staring down at me, and it looked like he was about to cry. As soon as I opened my eyes he let go of me.

"By the angel Clary what happened!" He rushed out, worry present in his voice. I was still panting and my throat was raw from all the screaming I must have done.

"No-nothing, it was just a bad dream" I say between heaves of breath.

"Just a bad dream?! By the way you were screaming it sounded like you were being attacked, or someone died!"

I winced at what he says because it is completely accurate, and the sight of the arrow flying into his heart replays over and over and over in my head. I squeeze my eyes shut to try to get the image out of my head but it wont go away.

"Clary?" I hear Jace say in a softer tone but I don't answer 'He's not dead' I tell myself 'He's standing right next to you' but I can't bring myself to open my eyes. I feel Jace slide into the spot he was sitting in before, when I fell asleep. He wraps his arms around me and brings my head to his chest.

"It's ok Clary, whatever it was it was just a dream, none of it happened." His words are comforting but the image still doesn't leave my head.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asks after a few moments of silence.

"No, not really." I say finally. I feel him relax a bit from the sound of my voice. I let out a few shaky breaths and I'm finally able to open my eyes again.

"Shh" he says softly "Do you want me to leave?"

"No!" I say quickly, him leaving will only make it worse.

"Okay" he chuckles "Just try to relax I'm right here." He whispers and plants a soft kiss on top of my head.

We stay like that for a few minutes, I take deep breaths, and the dream goes away, and I'm left to think about me and Jace. Finally I hear the door open and of course Alec walks in, bow in hand, and arrow already notched.

My whole body tenses and I clutch Jace's shirt tightly.

"What's wrong?" he asks immediately noticing my uneasiness, but I don't answer I just stare at Alec in the door way, watching his slightest movements.

"Uhh I just wanted to see if you guys were okay... I heard screaming and just came to check, I can come back later."

"Thanks Alec were fine she just had a bad dream" Jace answers, Alec just nods and leaves, and I immediately relax.

"You want to tell me what that was about?"

I only shake my head and he nods in understanding.

"Can you take me to the training room?" I ask

He looks down at me incredulously

"Your not serious are you, you can barely move!"

"Please I can't just sit here forever, I'll lose my mind" I reply ignoring his lack of faith.

"Only you Clary, only you, anyone else would be grateful to sit in the infirmary and not have to do anything." He says rolling his eyes

"See thats where your wrong because you would also be aching to get out of this stupid bed."

"Your lucky I love you" He sighs

I grin as he gets up off the bed and moves to pick me up but I block his hand.

"I want to walk there."

~~~~~~

I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING!! Life's been soo busy and I never got around to it so because I made you guys wait so long I will be uploading another chapter today for you!!

Thanks for reading, and see ya with the next chapter!

~TMILegend