Chapter 3

Jace's POV

I couldn't stop staring at Clary, I took a step towards her limp body when someone suddenly appeared out of nowhere next to me. The guy was quick and tried to grab for my arm to pull me back, but I was too fast for him, I twisted my arm before the guy could get a good grip on me and brought my elbow up swiftly into the bottom of the guys nose. He staggered backward in shock, but it wasn't long before a dagger was buried deep into his heart. Jace pulled the dagger out before the guy collapsed to the ground. All in one motion I turned and threw my dagger with all of my strength at the man standing behind Clary. The man looked shocked at first but then with amazing speed he turned to the side and grabbed the dagger by the hilt as it flew past him.

"Quite an impressive display Jace Herondale" the mysterious man said "you killed one of my best men in nearly five seconds, he deserved it anyway, coming here completely unprepared and unaware of the situation."

He shook his head in disgust looking at the man

"However I might add your knife throwing skills need a bit of work, it was only thrown at 84 miles an hour, decent for a shadow hunter, but any good knife thrower should be able to throw over 110 or else it is unlikely you will hit an experienced target."

I only stared dumbfounded at how the man caught the dagger. I quickly shook my head and realized again what was happening, Clary was still motionless on the ground, her blood staining the floor, Izzy was still being held next to me, having a hard time taking in everything that was happening.

"Well this has been fun, really it has but the other residents of the Institute are coming up here at the moment, we only have so many men guarding the hallway and my master mustn't be kept waiting so I'm afraid we must be going."

I took another step to lunge at the man but was caught nearly off guard when the other man next to him threw Isabelle at me. I barely had enough time to catch Izzy before she sent herself and I into the wall. But once he regained his balance the man had already had a hand around Clary's arm and the other mans wrist.

"When you find everyone else tell then that Castor sends his regards" he said with a smirk and with that he vanished along with the man who was holding Izzy, and Clary.

"No!" I screamed, I let go of Isabelle and rushed to the spot where Clary had been, where her blood had stained the floor. A moment later Alec and Simon came in covered in black blood just like the blood that was coming from the man I had killed.

"Clary was kidnapped" Isabelle said shortly, looking like tears threatened to spill out of her eyes at any moment.

"What!" Simon shouted "H-how?! Who took her?" He then looked down at where I was and saw the dark stain on the carpet. And after no response from either of them he stated "If one of you doesn't explain what happened in three seconds I swear to... to you know who!"

Alec then stepped in for them "Calm down Simon, stop thinking and look at them for a moment. Don't you think they deserve some time to process everything that just happened, they both look traumatized."

I was thankful for Alec's response but Simin did have a right to know what just happened to his best friend.

"I left Clary's room after explaining to her why she shouldn't come with us on the mission, I was down at my room when I heard her call my name but I figured she was still just mad that she couldn't come so I ignored it. Then I heard her scream but it was muffled and I thought she had been screaming into her pillow. However I then heard Izzy call someone a bastard pretty fiercely, and I knew something was up so I ran back to Clary's room to find her losing consciousness on the ground with a stab wound through her body above her hip. I tried to get to her but I was attacked by a man who appeared out of nowhere. I killed him pretty easily and threw a dagger at the man who had stabbed Clary but he...he caught it like it was nothing, then the man holding Isabelle threw her at me and went over to the guy behind Clary. The man behind Clary grabbed her arm and the other guys wrist and said Castor send his regards then they were all simply gone."

There was silence after my explanation until Simon finally spoke up

"She called out to you and you just ignored her? She was dying and you ignored her?! This is your fault Herondale! She relied on you to save her and you fucking ignored her!"

"You think I don't know that! You think it's not even bothering me that I was right there to help her and I didn't!? I know what happened Lewis! I know it's my fault, so don't go around screaming at me about this when I already feel like my stomach was just thrown down from space into a burning fire!"

"Shut up both of you!" Alec screamed "Jace this isn't your fault you may think it is but it's not, you had no way of knowing she was attacked and you ran back when you realized so stop blaming yourself. You too Simon stop blaming Jace when he had no way of knowing what was going on. Were all just angry at what happened but it wasn't like one of us here did it, it was an intruder, a man who did it for a reason and has a plan involving Clary."

Again there was silence in the room after what Alec said, I glanced down at the dark stain again, wishing Clary was there with me.

"Look I'm sorry Jace, Alec's right it wasn't your fault, I'm just thinking of Clary. She's my best friends I don't want anything to happen to her,"

"It's okay I understand I would've done the same thing."

Isabelle finally spoke up "How about we all stop the small talk and actually find out who took her before they can do anything else to her, they may have taken her just to kill her."

"Well wasn't it just the Castor guy, he told you who he was before he left." Simon pointed out.

I recalled what Castor had said before his exit, but Simon was wrong, it's about more then just Castor and his buddy taking Clary.

"No...no" I said," he told us his master didn't like to be kept waiting."

~~~~~~~~

Theres chapter 3 hopefully it wasn't too short I'm starting to try to make longer chapters but I'm still not completely used to how this works.

But who's Castor and Tyron's master? I promise a Clary POV next chapter, not saying I'll reveal who it is but you'll get to see what's happening to her. Until then Thanks again guys!

~TMILegend