Chapter 10

Jace's POV

Simon came running into the weapons room right as I was picking up a dagger into my right hand. He scared the shit out of me and I instinctively through the dagger at his head. Thank god he was a vampire and ducked in time or the dagger would be buried on his forehead right now.

"Holy shit its just me!" he screamed

"You scared me half to death bloodsucker, and with whats going on right now it wasn't impossible for you to be a demon, or one of Sebastian's men."

Simon shook his head "Anyway Jocelyn and Maryse got permission from the Clave, you guys need to leave in ten minutes so finish packing and come back down to the library when your ready."

"I'm all set I'll walk down with you Simon." Isabelle said

Of course, I thought as they walked out of the room, they probably needed at least nine minutes for their make out session, I'm just hoping I don't walk in on it. I continued to pack but one thought was repeating in my head over and over. I'm glad Simon was able to duck, but what Castor had said to me had resurfaced in my brain. 'However I might add your knife throwing skills need a bit of work, it was only thrown at 84 miles an hour, decent for a shadow hunter, but any good knife thrower should be able to throw over 110 or else it is unlikely you will hit an experienced target.' I'll show him he's wrong, I'll sink a knife into the direct center of his body and repeat his words to him as he dies in front of me. No one takes my girlfriend from me.

"Jace...JACE." Alec said louder, snapping me out of my thoughts

"You okay?"

"Yeah yeah just thinking."

Thankfully he didn't question me, "Okay well we should get down there, the sooner we save Clary the better."

We walked back to the library, and yes of course we saw Isabelle and Simon practically biting each others faces off in the hallway

"Cmon Izzy." Alec said annoyed as he grabbed his sisters arm as we walked by.

When we got to the library Jocelyn, Maryse, and Magnus were all waiting for us there.

"Are we ready?" Maryse asked

I gave her a curt nod, which she then gave to Magnus and he began to draw the portal. I could only think about Clary, my thoughts of her getting me siked for the mission. Getting her back, rescuing her, I missed her so much, the few days without her had been torture.

Magnus finished the portal, and turned back to us motioning for us to go through. I was the first to step through into the darkness.

Clary's POV

I woke back in my cell with a splitting headache when all the events of the meeting came back to me. Valentine had told me his plan for me, then left, and Castor had slowly enjoyed taunting me and knocking me out to bring me back to my cell.

I slowly sat up and immediately remembered how I had left Teddy. I looked over in her cell to see she was awake, and playing with something in her hand.

"How are you feeling?" she asked not even looking at me

"I'm fine Castor only knocked me out, but what about you what happened?"

She slightly smiled and came over to the shared bars and sat down with the object that now looked like a rock in her hand

"Ah, same old same old, I was brought to the room I'm always brought to and tried to fight off the demons they threw at me. I forget how many I got through, but one got a pretty good shot at my shoulder and was able to knock me out when I flinched at the attack."

I looked at her shoulder and saw that it was patched up with a bloody bandage, and carefully laid across her lap.

"So now you have to fight them today or tomorrow with a hurt shoulder?"

She shook her head, "No I only have to fight them every week or so, I know you're going to have to do everyday though, I don't know why, and I honestly don't know how you'll manage."

I nodded before something occurred to me, how did she know that? And right before she was taken she looked at the door scared... she knew they were coming for her.

"I have a question." I said

"Shoot"

"Right before Tyron came to get you, you looked at the door scared, you knew they were coming to get you didn't you? And also how do you know that I have to fight everyday unlike you?"

"That was two questions, but I guess theres no keeping the secret from you, I'm like you and your boyfriend, I have more angel blood in me then a regular shadowhunter."

This actually caught me by surprise, "So you have powers like my rune power? What is it like you hear everything?"

"Kind of, thats part of it, I don't have powers but my five senses are all enhanced. I can hear through walls, and from far away. I can see in the dark as if it's in the light of day, as well as great distances. I can pick up any smell, and know exactly what is its or where it came from. I can feel things like finger prints and sediments when I touch something. And this hasn't exactly helped me in a life or death situation, but I can taste everything in a food, like what its made out of, and immediately know what it is."

"Woah, thats pretty cool." I said smiling at her

"Yeah I guess, it's all a little overwhelming sometimes though."

"I can understand that, but how do you have extra angel blood in you?"

"Valentine was allied to the shadowhunter who ran the Athens institute, he would give Valentine updates on the Waylands, and their plans. Then when he found out my mom was pregnant, he gave the man angel blood to put in my moms food. She ate the angel blooded food for eight months of the pregnancy, then when I was born, the man would also inject it into me during out practice sessions without my parents knowing, and when they finally found out was the day before their deaths."

"Wow" was all I could say before the door opened and Tyron stepped in.

"Ready for your first demon session?" he said with a wide grin.

~~~~~~

Two chapters in two days just for you guys, I might try to do one tomorrow also, but thanks for reading, and cya at the next update!

~TMILegend