Chapter 16

Clary's POV

I was carried down a plethora of hallways before we finally reached our destination. The room was rather small with dark walls making it hard to see the things around me. Tyron dropped me on the floor and walked out. I groaned as my head jostled from the movement and stars danced in the already black room.

'Damn concussion' I thought. I couldn't move from my spot on the floor, my leg wouldn't respond to any of my commands. I gingerly pushed myself up off the ground, my shoulder screaming in protest but I was able to make it into a sitting position. 'How did I get here' I thought, and laughed when I did. I was going insane.

Just then the door opened and light burst into the room, and who was standing in the room, none other then the worlds greatest dad, Valentine.

"Ahh Clary how's the head?" He said with a smirk. I gave no response and just stared at him while he walked towards me.

"Don't worry I'm not here to hurt you today, I know you are still against willingly joining me, but I hope you understand I'm doing something good for you that will help you in the future. I can see in your eyes that you strongly disagree but you'll see. Anyway I'm not here to convince or force you to join me but I do want to show you something that could change your thinking."

With that he clicked a button on a remote he pulled from his pocket. All the sudden one of the walls turned blue with a lime green line going across it.

"Now let's play back some of the things being said at the New York institute shall we..."

He pressed another button and the line on the screen moved to the sound that was being played.

"I'm sorry to break it to you guys but we can't do anything for Clary until we fix the problem in Center City that we were called for." It was Maryse, they decided to go to center city rather then help me.

"It's only one less shadow hunter, one of us dies everyday, maybe today was Clary's day, it's not something to get too upset about." This one was Alec, and although we hadn't started out as friends we grew close, so this hurt worse then the first one.

Then was Isabelle: "She didn't grow up as one of us Jace, you may have loved her but she's just one girl, you can probably find another one in our next trip to the Pandemonium." My heart dropped, we were going to be parabati, and now she's just going to give up on me!?

"She wasn't a very good shadow hunter anyway she always caused trouble and made us weak, I think its a good thing she was taken" ...Magnus.

Then came the one that shattered my hope as well as my heart: "Your right Izzy she was just some girl, we'd only known her for a few months, she wasn't really ever one of us either, I'll find another girl that can hold off a demon on her own rather then calling for me every time." Spoken then none other then Jace.

Tears were streaming down my face, my heart felt like it climbed my esophagus and was sitting in my throat. All I wanted to do was lay down, let myself drop to the floor and cry but I couldn't, Valentine would use my weakness as an advantage.

They can't be true, none of them would ever say that. But it was so real, it was their voices, the ways they talked, the emotion that was put into the statements sounded just like them.

There was no way for me to get out of this hell hole on my own. My hope was demolished. I was going to be stuck here fighting off demons everyday until they decide I can be done, or simply until I die.

"I truly am sorry Clary, I'm sorry for them doing this to you, I know it must hurt but you should know that you always have the opportunity to join me. I want you to think about what I've put you through and what they have, which one hurts more?"

What they did does, by a long shot, what they did hurt more then any physical pain I was feeling, but I still wasn't going to admit defeat to Valentine.

"Very well" Valentine said as he walked back towards the door, "you'll be sent back to your cell now." And with that he was gone and Castor walked in.

"Get up, I'm not going to carry you, like Tyron." He smirked.

I didn't object, I tried to push myself up onto my legs, but immediately fell back over.

"I said get up!" He screamed and kicked me in the stomach. I doubled over on the ground. "Now!"

I tried again and was more successful, I was standing on one foot though. I went to try to take a step but agony screamed up my leg and I fell back to the ground again.

Castor only laughed before he took one step towards me and sent another kick into my stomach. This continued all the way back to my cell, I had fallen over and received 9 more kicks to the stomach before I finally collapsed, in my cell. I didn't bother to move from where I had fallen, there was no doubt he had cracked or maybe even broken a few ribs. I heard Castor laugh some more as he left the cell room.

"Clary?" Teddy asked but I didn't answer, nothing she would say or told me to do would make me feel any better. I thought of the pain I had to go through just to take one breath. 'How could you Jace' I thought to myself, and I tried to my best to cry silently, but it was rather hard to because I had the reoccurring thought that I was stuck here, with the pain and suffering, and no hope of getting out.

Jace's POV

After I cried on Clary's bed for God knows how long, I finally fell into a dreamless sleep. I was then woken by the meowing of Church, and the sound of heels coming down the hallway.

"By the Angel there you are!" Isabelle said, "When we called for you and you didn't come we checked your room, the library, the greenhouse, everywhere! We thought you had ran away to look for Clary yourself!"

"Nope, just up here. Although if it makes you guys feel better I didn't even know where I was until I reached the bed."

Izzy sighed and came to sit next to me. After about a minute of neither of us saying anything she finally said "What are you thinking?"

I couldn't help but give a chuckle at that, it was something we used to do as kids if we were mad or had nothing to say to each other.

"I'm thinking about Clary of course, the way she laughs, her smile, her eyes, the way she gasps when I kiss her. But I'm also thinking that I'm possibly the worst boyfriend ever, and that she shouldn't be the one fighting off demons everyday, that should be me. What did she ever do in her lifetime to deserve this?"

Isabelle then wrapped her arms around me and hugged me for another minute as I let silent tears fall down my cheeks, when she finally pulled away she said.

"Life is unexpected, that's what makes it life, not everything that happens is good, and not everyone that's good gets to go through life without something bad happening to them. However when something bad happens to a person it's not the end of the world. We can and will get her back, I'm pretty sure were on the same page when I say I won't go through a day without trying to find her until we do."

"But what if it's too late Izzy?" I say quietly

"Then the least we can do is avenge her, but we both know it's not too late, and this is Clary were talking about, she's one of the strongest people I know."

"No, she's not." Isabelle turns to look at me with a distorted look on her face, but I finish my statement, "She's the strongest."

Her distorted face then turned into a sad smile, before Simon burst though the door.

"Guys..." he says, although he doesn't need to breath he looked a little winded. "The tapes...Magnus thinks we can trace where they came from."

~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So this is long overdue, but I PROMISE next chapter by at most Thursday night. Also I need a name of a city, so just comment a city and I'll use it in the next chapter!

Thank you for reading hope you enjoyed and I'll see ya guys by Tuesday.

~TMILegend