Chapter 25

Clary's POV
I wake up on a concrete floor in a pitch back room. I forget what happened before I went to sleep and I immediately begin to panic. Suddenly a beam of light shines into the room, directly into my face blinding me momentarily. When I open my eyes again I see the exact person I would never want to see in this situation.

Valentine.

"Finally your awake, didn't your mother ever tell you not to sleep in too late?" He questions

"Yes, she did actually but I didn't always listen to her, so what makes you think I'll listen to you." I snarl back I realize my foot is chained to a pole in the room but other then that I am completely free.

"So did you just come here to annoy me or are you going to tell me something that will make me hate you more then I already do?" I pester

"Oh come on Clary can't we just have a nice father to daughter chat?"

I answer his question with a simple glare indicating I'm not in the mood to deal with his bullshit

"Fine then have it your way" he says with a simple scoff, "I am only interested in these dreams you've been having."

I don't know why but that statement took me be surprise. 'How does he know about those? Why would I tell him anything it's not like he's going to fix my problem.'

"Why do you even care?"

"Is it a bad thing to take an interest in my daughters life every once in a while?"

I give him the same glare as before and I get the same answer from him again along with a devilish grin.

"The dreams interest me because I want a status update on how phase two of my plan is going. You see I was expecting your little shadowhunter friends to come and rescue you, I would have preferred one more day with you, but I've adapted my plan."

I'm again taken aback by what he is saying but I try my hardest not to show it, 'what does he mean phase two, what plan wasn't kidnapping me enough?'

"What plan? What do you want from me? Why are you sending me these nightmares? H-how are you sending me nightmares?"

I could see in his eyes he is satisfied with my confusion, his grin spreads further across his face, and for a moment it reminds me of the Grinch right when he got the idea of stopping Christmas, only Valentines not a green hairy Who, and his plot is far more diabolical then stealing presents.

"Now now Clary one question at a time, you see I have nothing to hide from you."

"Why? I don't mean to object from you answering my questions, but why do you have nothing to hide?"

"Ah you see when you ask one question it is easier for me to answer. I have nothing to hide because you are going to give me what I want in order to make my plan work."

I almost laugh out loud at that remark, he seriously thinks I will help him?

"You may find it amusing now but you will see why you will help me in a moment, but let's go back to your nightmare question shall we. I can simply send you nightmares through the injection we gave you. You were of course passed out at the time, but we gave you a serum that attacks your cerebral cortex, and changes your imaginary thoughts and dreams into the terrors that lay in the deepest part of your brain."

"Why though, why send me nightmares when you don't even have the pleasure of watching them haunt me?"

"Because these nightmares are going to help me get what I want."

"And what is that?"

"Well you of course, you see your rune power holds the key to my domination, but I need you strong and willing to help me. And to answer your next question of why not just use you when I had you captured before is because you still had hope then, but this time when I have you, you will not have that hope of being saved."

"As long as Jace and my friends are alive I will always have that hope that's not something you can take away."

"Ah but it is Clary, and here is why you will willingly give yourself to me, I am willing to make you a bargain. I know what you really want is for your friends and family to be safe, you don't want them harmed trying to save and protect you, so I'm willing to give grant you their protection and lives but in return you must hand yourself over to me."

I was speechless, I knew he was right, I didn't want anyone to be hurt because of me, and if I turn myself in they won't be...unless they try to find me again.

"And what if they try to find me again, and try to save me?"

"My word would be kept, they will not be harmed as long as you are with me, however if they are to succeed in retrieving you, the deal is off and I will release my wrath upon them."

I didn't know what to think, I didn't know what to choose.

"And now we come full circle to the nightmares, they are there to show you the death, pain, and despair of your friends, to help make your decision a little bit easier."

After a long pause of me trying to recollect my jumbled thoughts, Valentine continues;

"Now this has all been a dream for you but it is also real, my promises and my threats that I have said in this dream are also real. I do realize you are not in the physical shape to come to me at this moment so I give you a week time. In a week if you have not turned yourself in to me your friends will suffer. Goodbye Clary." He finishes with a sly grin as the dream fades, and I awake back in my body with a gasp, and a choice looming over me.

~~~~~~

Heyyoo I'm back!! I got through my writers block, I figured out what I want to do with my story, and I can't thank you guys enough for the help!! I have honestly had a hard time picking how I wanted to go from here, because you guys opened me up to so many different ways to go I didn't know which to pick!! So again thank you sooooo much you guys are all awesome, thank you for sticking with me after like 3 months of not updating you guys have no idea how much it means to me to have your support!

~TMILegend