Chapter 14

Jace's POV

"Valentine" the word repeated itself in Jace's head, over and over.

"Jace!" Isabelle screamed, "pay attention we need to find our way out of here Magnus can't make a portal this far underground."

I nodded, and started looking for a way out. Once Sebastian had said Valentine he stood straight up and suddenly disappeared right before their eyes with a smirk on his face. He didn't explain anything else to them like where they are, what he is doing, and oh most importantly HOW HES ALIVE!

"Here it is" Alec called we climbed back up the ladder we came down in, which was a lot harder going up then it was down. When we got to the top Magnus started making the portal, while Izzy checked her phone.

"Five missed calls from Mom" she said with a slight look of surprise on her face.

"Well call her back" Alec said not phased at all by the fact

"Hey Mom" Izzy said as she put the phone on speaker

"Izzy, thank goodness you guys are ok. Did you find Clary?"

She sighed "No turns out Sebastian didn't have her but he told us who did, which your not going to like."

There was silence on the other end before the soft response "Who"

"Valentine"

Again there was silence

"Mom? You there?"

"This isn't good, we received something at the Institute that's as to do with Clary that you all need to see, and I don't think you will exactly enjoy it."

"What is it?"

"It's a video of Clary...fighting demons, an infinite amount of them, like some sort of test."

Clary, fighting for her life, fighting an infinite amount of demons, I haven't even watched the video yet, but I already feel sick to my stomach.

"When did it come in mom?"

"Simon saw it yesterday appear on th---"

"Mom, mom you there mom?"

"Shhh, hold on Izzy."

From the other line I heard demons screaming, and muffled voices that sounded like they smoke six packs a day. I looked at Izzy, she had gone pale at the sounds. After two minutes of silence I decided to speak up.

"Maryse, is everything ok?

"No, it's not, not at all. You guys need to get back here quick, we just received another video of Clary, and it is not good."

Clary's POV

I woke in a room, strapped to a table by my head, feet, and hands, with medical supplies next to me. I started to panic when I saw that nothing ached at all, and I had no injuries from my demon encounters. 'This is a dream' I thought, but when I tried to wake myself I couldn't. Just then Jace walked into the room, followed by Valentine. I struggled against the restraints.

"Jace...Jace help me!"

He shook his head with sad eyes "This is for the best Clary."

I struggled as Valentine came near me with a syringe filled with black liquid.

"What is that?"

"Oh this, just demon blood, when injected into a shadow hunter they feel no love, affection, or remorse for others. This way you won't be able to feel love anymore therefore you'll have no problem joining me." he said with a grin.

"No-no!" I said struggling even more. "Jace!" I screamed but I felt the syringe enter my skin, and the liquid was pumped into me as Jace watched with no expression on his face.

I woke with a start, and immediately felt all the pain rush back into my body, but I also felt a sense of relief. 'It was just a dream' I told myself over and over, 'just a dream.'

~~~~~~~

Hey guys sorry for the short filler chapter, next one will be more exciting,but schools been hard the past two weeks so I'll try my best to update as often as I can!

Thanks for reading, votes, opinions, critiques, and comments are always appreciated!

~TMILegend