Chapter 17

Jace's POV

I bolted up at the news, as did Isabelle.

"Well what are you waiting for blood sucker lets go!" I said

The three of us sprinted down to the library where everyone else was sitting and talking. Maryse was the first one to notice us.

"Jace! You had us so worried we thought you left to find Clary by yourself!"

"Nope I'm fine but how are we going to track Clary?"

Alec stepped in now: "Magnus thinks that using a tracking spell on the T.V while it plays the tape he can record where the radio waves came from that sent the video to us."

I nodded it made complete sense, I was mentally kicking myself for not thinking of it earlier!

Just then Magnus comes running in giddy

"It worked!" he screams "It worked!"

"Where is she!" I say urgently

"Cleveland."

"Okay well what are we waiting for make a portal!"

Clary's POV

I wake up forgetting what took place yesterday, but when I remember after a minute my heart wrenches. I continue to lay on the cold ground until I hear the door lurch open and Castor walks in the cell room. He walks up to my bars and says:

"Rise and shine, the demons are especially excited to see you."

Surprisingly I'm able to get up on my own without falling over. Castor opens the cell door and smirks as I limp out.

"Good luck Clary" I hear quietly behind me before I'm walking down the treacherous hallways to the demon room. Once I reach the room Castor closes the door behind me and Valentines face pops up on the screen.

"Anything you would like to say before we get started?"

I stare straight forward not acknowledging that anything was said.

"Very well get your weapon and begin." I walk over to the weapons tables. The knives now gone, I select the seraph blade again. And walk back over to the spot I was in before.

The door opens and I raise the blade. Pain screams through my wounded shoulder at the movement. I almost forgot about that one, I've had so many injuries in the past few days I've lost count. I try to focus on the oncoming hoard of demons walking towards me but everything's blurry and covered by dots when ever I focus too much. I can't take a step forward without limping slowly and heavily. 'Why even try' I think to myself, 'You are physically incapable of moving one part of your body without feeling pain. No one even cares about you anymore, not Alec, not Isabelle, not Jace. So whats the point of fighting.' The demons start to run towards me now, fast. 'Whats the point of living.'

I drop my blade to the ground and squeeze my eyes shut so I don't have to see the oncoming stampede of demons...

But nothing comes.

I open my eyes to see the demons stopped in front of me looking angry, then the door to my left screeches open and I see a not too happy Castor fast walking towards me. When he gets to me he punches me in the same place I was kicked yesterday, and then throws me to the ground towards the door. Every part of my body screams, as he walks over to me and orders me up. He then grabs my shirt and proceeds to lead me down the hall to a new room I hadn't been in.

The room is dark with only one small window letting light stream in. Theres a pole sticking up in the middle of the room however with and cuffs around it. I'm shoved to the ground from behind towards the pole and then helplessly watch as my hands are cuffed to it. Once Castor finishes cuffing me he walks to the corner of the room as Valentine walks in.

"I told you on your first day here to follow the rules, I said you were to fight without exception. I also said broken rules a treated rather painful punishment."

He walked over to a table and picked something up, and I immediately recognized what it was... a whip.

He walked back over to me, and brought the whip down on my back. My face tightened in pain as it left a deep slash cutting though my shirt, and opening the stitches Teddy had set when I first got here. The lash hurt of course but 10 seconds after it had been done it started burning, and I don't mean it felt hot, I mean I could feel my skin start to burn and blister as if it was on fire.

"Oh I must have forgot to mention...this whip was specially soaked and dried in demon incor, there may be a bit of a burn on your skin just like when you get demon blood on you" he said with a evil grin as he brought the whip down again across the first lash.

I cried out this time, blood poured from my opened would, and the lashes, as well as more skin felt the burn of the demon blood, but before I had time to think about it the third lash came down.

At the tenth lash my whole back was wet from blood and incor. The twentieth was when I started to shake from the intense pain. The thirtieth was when I began to fall in and out of consciousness. And the fortieth was when the lashes finally stopped.

I felt my hands un cuffed from their restraints, and I felt a laughing man lift me from the ground. I lost consciousness, and woke while being carried down the hall. I lost it again and woke to the opening of the cell room door.

"Clary!" someone in the distance called. I cringed as the cell screeched open and I was dropped on the ground on my stomach.

Someone rushed towards me and gingerly touched my shredded back.

"What did you do to her!" the person said, I screamed in agony at the slightest touch.

"Just take this as a lesson to always follow the rules Wayland." And with that Castor walked out of the room with a slam of the door.

I felt the remains of my shirt being lifted off my sticky bloodied back and I screamed out again

"Shhh Clary it's okay, your okay." Teddy tried to reassure me, but I was again losing consciousness.

'Jace how could you do this to me' was the last thought I had before I was pulled into a dark oblivion.

~~~~~~~

Sorry guys this was supposed to be up last night but I fell asleep while writing it lol so here it is. I'll try to update as soon as possible, but until then thanks for reading, and have a great day!

~TMILegend