Chapter 19

Clary's POV

I was falling in an endless void of darkness. There was nothing, no color, no stars, no people nothing. I don't know how long I'd been falling or how long I'd fall for but I didn't care.

Suddenly silver lines began to outline the void and I heard my name, only my name whispered by someone.

All the sudden my cell came into view, but I wasn't the only one in it.

I fell right into my limp body, and opened my eyes to see the last thing I expected to see.

"Jace"

He smiled down at me and all my pain disappeared

"Hey Clare-bear"

"Y-you c-ame" I struggled to speak, the blood loss starting to catch up to me.

"Of course I did" there were tears in his eyes and his voice cracked as he spoke. "I wouldn't rest a day without trying to find you."

I did my best to form a smile and I asked one more question just to be sure this was real

"B-but I thought y-you said you could f-ind some other girl."

His smile disappeared for a second before he spoke again

"Clarissa, I don't know where you heard that from but I assure you I could never, ever replace you."

With that he leaned down and kissed my forehead softly

"Now were going to get you out of here okay?"

I nodded, but my pain returned and scorched up my back and head. I gasped slightly and Jace's look immediately turned to worry.

"Magnus" he said, I just now realized that Alec, Izzy and Magnus were all here too. "Can you make a portal in this room?"

"Yes but it may take longer then usual considering were underground and surrounded by demon metal."

Jace nodded when Teddy straightend and spoke:

"They're coming, we have about 50 seconds before they get here"

Izzy finally succeeded in opening her cell door, and helped Teddy to her feet.

"What do you mean 'they're coming?' Who?"

"Tyron and Castor" she said simply while picking up her hand made knives. "They're looking for the guy you knocked out, 37 seconds now."

Jace tensed beneath me

"Magnus come into Clary's cell and start the portal, Izzy, you and her" He said gesturing to Teddy, "Take either side of the door, Alec help me with Clary."

They all did as Jace said, and I continued to count down in my head the seconds I was at 25 when Jace whispered:

"Were going to have to move you okay? We will try to be as gentile as we can."

I nodded slightly, then Jace looked at Alec and they lifted me, immediatly turning my body to fire. I tried my best to stifle my own scream, and I squeezed my eyes closed. Everything fell away, no noise, no movements, nothing, just pain. I suddenly felt the pressure of hands release my body, but the pain didn't stop. I heard the noise of someone talking, but it felt like they were talking underwater, and I only made out the sound of "Uh nuv wu". I felt as if pressure was being added, little by little to my torn back. When I opened my eyes all I saw was white stars blocking almost everything in the room. Almost everything.

I saw a face close to mine, it was blurried but I knew it was Jaces. "Eh nov oo" he said again, then my I could see nothing. 'Ih nov oo', I replayed in my head: 'I nov u', 'I nove you'... I love you. Then everything was gone.

Jace's POV

Alec and I leaned Clary against he side wall of the cell to protect her from the incoming shadowhunters. As soon as we tried to move her her whole body tightened and she stifled a scream. I ached to comfort her, to make all her pain go away but I couldn't, all I could do was prevent her from being hurt anymore.

Sweat gleamed on her forehead as she struggled to open her eyes. She looked at me scared and struggling to focus.

"I love you." I said before her eyes drifted closed again and Alec was calling me.

"Five seconds" the young girl told us.

Just then the door slammed open and demons as well as guards poured in.

The girls immediately went after the demons, the young girl was good, really good to be honest. I recognized Tyron and Castor stalking in after the demons Alec immediately went after Tyron leaving Castor for me.

"Ahh Mr. Herondale I was actually expecting you a little earlier, I thought you were smarter then to go after Sebastian, but you known I've ben wrong before"

That was it I was done with this guy, I lunged at him, my seraph blade raised. Unfortunately he was fast, he easily deflected my swing, then took one himself at my feet. I hooped over the blade and took another swipe, this time successfully leaving a shallow slice on his thigh.

He backed up a bit, still menacingly smiling. "Come on Herondale don't make me wrong a second time, I thought you were better then this."

I lunged again and swung faster and harder but he deflected my every blow then he successfully brought the butt of his blade down on the soft spot above my knee, and I staggered for just the right amount of time for him to knock me down, and before I knew it he was on top of me.

He looked down at me and chuckled to himself.

"It's a shame you couldn't have been here sooner. I don't know about you but I took a particular enjoyment in watching her fight those demons. My favorite part was always the end when they got to play around with her before finishing their job. Ohh or the time we faked quotes from all you people in the institute, saying none of you cared about her." He laughed to himself again. "And I had the particular pleasure of escorting her back to her cell with that messed up leg of hers, no doubt I damaged a few ribs."

I struggled underneath him trying anything to shake him off, enraged by what he was saying.

"Oh don't worry Herondale, now you get to enjoy all those things yourself."

That was it I was about to grab the dagger that lay a few feet away but I looked up to see a makeshift knife coming out of Castor's abdomen.

"A little taste of your own medicine." Came the voice of the young girl from behind Castor.

He slumped to the side and I shot up

"Thanks."

She nodded slightly, and I turned to check on Clary. She was in the same spot we left her but she was paler, and was bleeding again. I checked her pulse, it was still beating, but barely.

I looked around to see that the fight was over around me, Alec Izzy and the girl were just drawing iratzes on each other now.

"Portals done!" I heard Magnus say. I gingerly scooped Clary into my arms. She whimpered slightly but didn't wake which worries me, before I jumped ito the portal.

~~~~~~~

Hey guys! this is a little over due but I've had a crazy week, and I was away visiting my brother over the weekend. But here it is hope you enjoyed, vote and comment if you want and have a great day!

~TMILegend