Chapter 5

Clary's POV

I took Teddy's advice again and went back to sleep, it wasn't very hard given everything that's happened in the past day...or maybe it was two now. That's one thing I've learned from this, it's hard to keep track of time when your in prison. I wondered if Jace and the others are looking for me, or if they are still going on the mission that they are scheduled to do before all this happened. I missed Jace already, I missed his lingering touch, his golden hair, his eyes that seemed to know everything about me just from one glance. I fell asleep thinking of Jace, and the moment we shared before I was taken, the memory seemed so...peaceful.

However my dream was the opposite:

I was with Isabelle and Alec in the Pandemonium, we were looking for something, a greater demon. Isabelle was to be the bait and draw it to the back room, it took some time but finally the demon complied. Once there Isabelle brought out her whip and wrapped it around the demons neck and pulled it to the ground. As hard as it thrashed it couldn't do anything to shake Isabelle's grip.

"Why don't you do the honors with this one Clary." Alec offered holding out a dagger

I took it and walked toward the still thrashing demon. Once it saw me it stopped struggling and just smirked. I raised the dagger above its heart, but then something horrific happened. The demon turned into Jace, his golden eyes, his marks in the same places as they were in real life, as if it wasn't a dream. I froze in place, my dagger still hovering over his heart.

"Having some trouble?" Jace snarled, then with amazing speed and strength he lunged up at me, took control of my hand and plunged the dagger into my chest.

I woke with a gasp and winced as I tried to sit up to fast. I was covered in cold sweat and breathing heavily, practically hyperventilating.

"Bad dream?" Teddy asked.

I could only nod, the last few seconds of the dream replaying over and over in my mind.

"It's not unusual to have bad dreams in this place, I personally get them all the time, just try not to think about them when it's over, it still is only a dream."

I instantly felt bad for Teddy, me just being dumped in here suddenly forcing her to heal and take care of me. All I've done so far is wince and gasp from pain, and act weak like I couldn't handle being locked up or a simple bad dream. Then it struck me something I'd been meaning to ask since before I fell asleep.

"Wait a second Teddy did you say that your last name was Wayland before?"

"Yup." She said moving closer to our shared bars, I could faintly see her in the dim light, I hadn't bothered to look at her yet I just pictured a random girl, but she obviously wasn't just some random girl if she was being held here. She had long blond hair that came down like a foot past her shoulder, her eyes seemed almost black like Sebastian's in the dim light but if I looked closely I could see that they were only dark brown, the same color as dark chocolate. She was rather skinny but I could still point out muscle on her small arms and legs. Her face was practically covered in dirt but underneath I could see her determined, yet comical expression.

"Like Michael Wayland, Wayland?"

"Yup," she said again, "he was my father."

"But you can't be more then 14 and he's...he's been dead for like sixteen years now."

"I'm 13," she replied, "and he is dead, but he's only been dead for about nine years."

"But I thought Valentine killed Michael Wayland, and...and his son, and put their bones in the ashes of the Fairchild Manor to make it look like he died."

"Half of that's true, he did kill my brother, but not my dad, he went looking for my dad with the intention to kill him but was running short on time, so he killed my uncle Matthew Wayland, and used his bones instead, after hearing about his son and his brother, my dad took my mom and fled to the institute in Athens, far from Idris, where they had me, but when I was four Valentine found us and killed my parents, he knew who I was but he didn't kill me, he said I was important to him and that he would be back for me. Sure enough six years later he came back and kidnapped me and brought me here."

I was silent for a few minutes after Teddy's story, I repeated it over and over in my head trying to make since of it all. Her parents were killed when she was four, six years later they came back for her and brought here here, she was only ten then, she's been here for three years.

"You've been here for three years?" I asked just to check

"Yeah, I guess, you sort of loose track of time when your locked up in here, but I'm trying to keep it organized." She said pointing at the stone wall of her cell where I saw tally marks, hundreds of them.

"I'm sorry." I said to her "about your brother, your parents, being here..."

"Why are you sorry? It's not like you did any of this to me, you don't have to apologize for something you had no part in, besides I'm over it really" she said with a light hearted expression "I like to go by the mentality that everything happens for a reason, yeah I miss my parents, but I feel like my mission while I'm on earth doesn't involve them, which is why they were killed."

Talking to Teddy did not feel like I was talking to a 13-year-old but rather a 23-year-old. After another minute of silence I finally spoke up again:

"He was my father you know, Valentine, and although I may not have done anything to you, I sure as hell feel guilty for what my father did."

She only smiled at me, practically grinning war to ear. And I couldn't understand why or how she could smile in a situation like this

"I know he's your father, but as far as I can tell you are nothing like him, and hopefully never will be. Also I almost forgot, I made you something when you were asleep."

She brought up her hand and something shiny flashed in it, she put it though the bar and I took it, her expression suddenly turned scared and she turned her head to the door, but she quickly shook it off and looked back at me.

I looked down at the thing in my hand, it had a small handle made from sticks of a leathery like wood, tightly bound together to make it look and feel like a regular knife. It then had a rock somehow attached to the handle, however the rock was sharpened to a point all the way around, making it a very lethal weapon.

"It's the closest thing to a knife I could make." She said, "I have a few for myself that I've made over the months, I practice throwing them at the wood around the window when I get bored."

I was about to thank her for it when the door burst open, and Teddy was already on her feet close to her cell door. Tyron, the man who had held Isabelle while I was being attacked had entered, and opened Teddy's cell, without protest she walked out in front of Tyron and went toward the door while carefully being watched by other guards, she turned back to me and gave me one last sad smile before she disappeared into the doorway.

~~~~~~~

Hey guys just wanted to say thanks so much for 50 views already! I'm sorry there was no Jace POV but Teddy's going to be an important character so this deserved its own chapter.

Next chapter should be up tomorrow! Thanks,

~TMILegend0