Trust

*Zack's pov*

"I need to take care of that." I said thumbling through my sweatshirt for bandages and medicine that I always kept with me for myself.
"You sure? You don't have to." She said pulling her pant leg back down, wincing as the material touched the wound.
"Yes I'm sure." I carefully pulled her pant leg back up only making her wince once.
It was red and puffy with infection.
"Dammit." I said under my breath.
"What?" She asked in a small voice.
"It's fucking infected."
"You sure do like to swear don't you?" I'm guessing she was trying to be sarcastic so I tried as well.
"Fuck yeah!" I said sarcastically.
She giggled quietly. Mission complete.
"This is gonna sting like fuck cause it's infected, so uh, I don't know." I didn't know what would help but she surely did.
"Can I squeeze your hand?" That caught me off guard, but I couldn't bring myself to say no.
"If it will make it easier then sure." She took the hand that wasn't covered in medicine. I spread the medicine on her wound as carefully as I could. Her grip on my hand got tighter until my hand hurt, but I didn't say anything about it.
A tear ran down her face, this must be hurting her more than I thought it would. Now I feel bad. I wrapped her leg up in bandages so her leg pretty much looked like both of mine.
"Hey your leg looks like mine now!" I said trying to brighten her up. She just looked at me with a confused expression.
"What?" I was dumbfounded.
"I thought...... I thought it was just your arms, neck, and face......." She said slowly, blushing yet again.
"No it's pretty much my whole body, except for you know where." She let out a weak laugh. Then tried to stand up.
"Hey what do you think you're doin!?" I yelled.
"Standing up." She said in a strained voice full of pain.
"No sit down, you can't walk like that." I said with authority. She slumped back down crossing her arms over her chest.
"But we can't just stay here until it heals, that'll take weeks!" She protested. Usually when someone spoke to me like that I would get mad and hurt them. But I knew she was in enough pain as it was. And I didn't really want to hurt her anyhow.
"I know that, I'm a not dumb asshole. That's why I'm gonna do this." I said leaning down to lift her off the ground. She was lighter than I thought she would be. And I guess that's both a good thing and a bad thing.
"Ahh! Wow wow! Put me down!" She pleaded.
"Why? Don't you trust me?" I asked sarcastically.
"You almost killed me last night!" She said.
"Yeah but I didn't did I?" I said.
"True, and you did take care of my leg. So I guess you did earn a little trust. Just..... Just don't drop me, please." She said looking up at me with those stunning eyes of hers.
"Don't worry, I gotcha."