Just Breathe

*Zack's pov*

"Zack! Do something she's gonna kill herself!" Leah screamed in a corner of the shed just as Eddie came in and ran toward her to comfort her.
"Damn right I am!" Emma shrieked at the top of her lungs. It sounded like it hurt like hell.
"Emma, listen to me, I'm here. Don't fucking kill yourself. I can't lose another person to death." I decided to open up to see if I could get inside Emma's messed up mind.
"What? Never mind, it doesn't matter! You don't get everything you want in life! That's just how it is! I'm sorry!" Emma cried readying herself for death. She raised the knife and brought it toward her chest. Seemingly in slow motion. My heart pounded as I realized I was about to lose the one thing I loved in the stupid world.
"Emma don't!" I yelled diving toward her. I knocked her over and twisted my arm to grab her hand holding the knife to get it away from her body.
"Stop! Just let me die! I can't do this anymore!" She screamed under me.
"Emma." I whispered in her ear. "I can't lose you."
"Why not!? I'm no use to you now, I'm just a waste of oxygen!" She yelled squirming under my weight, trying to get away so she could run away where I can't easily follow.
"No Emma, you're not a waste of anything. I-I....... I love you. I love you Emma, so much. And I would die a million times in the worst way possible for you. Please. Don't leave me. Just...... Just breathe."
She stopped squirming and trying to get away. Her eyes cleared of insanity. And they were Emma's eyes once again. The ones I loved the most. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.
"I love you, Zack." She breathed. She opened her eyes, truth burning deep inside of them. It made me feel like I finally did something right with my life.
"Emma? Are you okay now?" I asked carefully, not wanting to set her off again.
"Yes, I'm so much better now that you're here with me." She replied breathlessly.
"Yes I'm here."
I got off of her and she sat up without the knife in her hand. I was glad she felt like she could live again. And I would make sure she lived her life until she died of a natural cause.
"Zack?" She whispered.
"Yeah, what is it?" I whispered into her hair.
"I know what my third question is now." She said. I had completely forgotten about her last question. I'm glad she remembered though.
"What is it?" I asked sitting up to make eye contact with her.
"Can I be with you forever..........?"