Friends isn't enough.

Springs POV

I woke up and sat up in my bed and looked around Goldie wasn't around. I got out of bed and took a shower, combed my hair and out in some clothes, and I started heading downstairs, when I heard talking. I stopped on the last step since the sound was coming from the living room spring tried to see who was talking. It was Goldie and Freddy? Spring was confused but stayed on the stairs listening to their conversation.

"Hey Freddy I have a question." Goldie said looking at him seriously or at least he tried to. "Yea?" Freddy said curious. "Well let's say if I liked someone how would I tell that person?" Goldie said shyly as he looked away Spring noticed a light blush on his face but brushed it off. "Wait, he likes someone?" Spring thought to himself. "W-Wait you like someone?!" Freddy said sounding surprised. "The last I checked you never had a crush on anyone, do I know this person?" Freddy said. "W-Well you do know this person, and he-I mean this person I don't think this person would like me back for...reasons"Goldie said looking a little sad. "But why are you asking me for help." Freddy said while biting into his cookie he was eating. Goldie looked him dumbfounded "Your the only person in our family that has had a girlfriend not to mention also a boyfriend." Goldie said laughing. "H-Hey hats not funny at all." Freddy said looking away embarrassed. Freddy was all better about a minute later and turned to Goldie. "Ok the only advice I know is to be yourself and don't doubt yourself." Freddy said seeming proud of what he said. "Ok well thx for the advice" Goldie said giving his brother a hug. "Well I better be going, I'd like to go shopping so I'll talk to you later." Freddy said as he walked out the door, Goldie waved bye and closed the door and went back to the couch and started watching T.V.

"He likes someone?" Spring thought to himself again. Suddenly he felt pain not physically but mentally he knew why. And walked into the living room. "Uh hi Goldie" Spring said quietly. Goldie spun around and saw spring standing by the stairs. "Oh hey when did you wake up?" Goldie asked. "Just a moment ago" I lied I couldn't tell Goldie that I was eavesdropping on his conversation with Freddy. "Oh well I don't know if you knew but you've been asleep for almost a day now are you ok?" Goldie said sounding worried. "I-I have?!" I said shocked I didn't think I slept this long! "Yea I was worried and was thinking about taking you to the hospital, but it looked like your ok." Goldie said sounding relieved. "Um are you hungry?" Goldie said trying to start up a conversation. "Uh yes actually" I just noticed that I was starving. "Ok well what would you like?" Goldie asked heading to the kitchen. "Um scrambled eggs with toast please" Spring said. "Sure no problem, btw Spring tomarrow I'm going to go shopping and your frees to come with me if you want." Goldie said hoping he would go along. "Um sure I would love to go along." Spring said as  he sat down at the counter and looked at Goldie who was cooking eggs. "Well that's good to hear." Goldie said still cooking eggs not turning to me. "Good to hear, how come?" I said noticing Goldie's starting to tense up. "U-Uh no reason." Goldie said as still focusing on cooking. "Strange Goldie never acts this strange around me I wonder what's wrong." I thought. "Goldie what's wrong" I say frowning I wanted to know what was going on. "Nothing is wrong spring." Goldie said as he finished the eggs and out then on a plate still not looking back. Goldie also got the toast and out it on the plate and handed the food to spring. "Here you go I hope you like it I'm not great cook or anything but I like to think my meals are at least somewhat decent" Goldie said as he observed spring taking a bite. "Dude this is amazing! I've never had food this good before and this is only breakfast you cook very well I'm impressed." Spring said looking up at Goldie and than back down at his food eating it. Goldie has a light blush on his face and spring noticed as he brought his head up. "Uh Thanks." Goldie said still blushing slightly. "No problem" Spring said still thinking about why Goldie was blushing. "What other talents do you got?" I said finishing up my food it really was amazing. "Well I can play trumpet" Goldie said looking proud of himself. "Oh really?" I said what songs can you play?" I said interested. "I can play a lot would you like me to show you?" Goldie said. "Yes please!" I said sounding excited. "Ok then follow me" I followed Goldie until we got to the hallway where at the end was a door that lead to the basement. "It's pitch black and the light switch is at the bottom of the stairs so I'll go first and if u fall I'll catch you ok." Goldie said shyly. "Ok" I said as Goldie opened the door.

It really was pitch black I couldn't see a thing "I'm able to see in the dark better than normal people it's like night vision but a degraded version of it." Goldie said as his blue eyes starting to glow in the dark. We were heading down the stairs when I tripped and fell into Goldie as he caught me I gripped the fur onto his back blushing I let go. "Sorry" I said. "N-No it's ok if it makes you feel better you can grip the fur on my back if it will prevent you falling" Goldie said trying to coins normal. "Ok" I said gripping the fur on Goldie's back it was very soft. As we got down to the bottom of the stairs I let go and saw bright lights go on. "Agh, why didn't you warn me that you were going to turn on the lights?" I said letting my eyes adjust to the light. "Oops sorry." Goldie laughed. I looked around the room it wasn't very big it had a few chairs, a few cases which I assumed had instruments in, a couple stands and a podium. Goldie walked over to the podium and got his case and took his trumpet out. "Ohhh it looks really cool!" I said admiring the trumpet it was a golden brass with bits of silver in it. "Thanks before I play a song though I need to warm up first." Goldie said putting the trumpet to his mouth. He was playing notes but I wasn't sure what he was playin I saw his fingers moving pushing down things that made a different noise. He was playing until he got to a high note than descended down to the first note. "What did you play?" I said wondering what he played. "It's called the B flat scale" Goldie said looking proud of himself again. "Now what song would you like me to play?" Goldie said looking at his music. I thought about it for a moment and than it came to me. "Star spangled banner!" I said hoping Goldie could play it. "A very simple piece of music but sure" Goldie said as he got the star spangled banner out. He started playing and already I was amazed he was so good! The way he played through the notes he must practice along. I listened to it and ended up singing along when he repeated the song because he wanted to.

Oh say can you seeee

Bye the dawns early light.

What do proudly we hailed at the twilights last gleaming.

Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight.

O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly steaming.

And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.

Oh, say does that star spangled banner yet wave.

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave...........

I finished singing as Goldie looked down from his trumpet and looked at me. "That was beautiful spring, I didn't know you could sing so well I loved it!" Goldie said happily. I blushed slightly but soon recovered. "Thanks I didn't know you could play so well." I complimented Goldie. Goldie as he bowed and I clapped. "Well that one song do you want to hear more?" Goldie said as I nodded. "Ok then" just tell me what song to play and I'll play it" Goldie said smiling and thought "being springs friend...I don't think it's enough, I want to be with him in a different way but I don't think he feels the same." Goldie thought smiling.

And thats the end of another chapter sorry about not changing the POV I'll do that in the next chapter also the next chapter things start to get spicy...not in the wrong way or anything not yet. But next chapter will be an interesting one at least I hope. Also if you haven't caught in already I play an instrument and that instrument so happens to be the trumpet and I'm pretty good at it but I chose the star spangled banner because it's a simple song song plus it's out national anthem and I though why not?! And btw if I got the words wrong in the song please forgive me and feel freed to correct me. I have also noticed that I post very recently meaning everyday and I only spend like and hour planning this so I decided in my next story I would take more time to think about what I want to do and when.QueenBlaster3 gave me this advice so I thank you I'll take my time more in my next story maybe like 3 times a week or so I haven't decide yet. Also I have finals coming up for the end of my semester as I'm in high school I need to take finals if u haven't guessed yet I'm a freshman. But I may not post that often next week because I need to study for finals but I will post at least 2 times that week mainly being on the days after the finals. But this is it for now guys I'll post again tomarrow so bye!