2.

"Alec! Jesse! Get down here both of you this minute!" Mrs Peters yelled. She still doesn't know why her husband insisted they go out with the twins. Left to her they don't exist and should be treated as such.

Up in Alec's room, Jesse kept trying to calm the angry boy which seems to be his standard mood. "Just this once Alec, they haven't taken us to dinner since forever, please just do this for me." She whined with a pout on her face.

Alec sighed, not knowing how to tell his sister she's in for another heartbreak. He knows how this so called family dinner will go and his anger from earlier on still haven't vanished.

"Jesse we can just not go okay, you know how they are and lord knows I'm in no mood to take bullshit." Alec says softly, not wanting to argue any longer.  Jesse still has her mind set on going to this dinner cause as unhealthy as her family is, she still sees them as family and still hopes.

"Fine! I'll go alone then." She retorted stubbornly. Alec groaned loudly, knowing that his sister got him there. There's no way he is letting her go alone. There's no way he's gonna leave her with those jackals.

"Fine! Fine! I'll go" Jesse began jumping up and down like a small kid who's been given a teddy bear. Alec brought one of his hands up. "But.. I'm not promising to behave." Jesse nodded. Knowing that its only fair.

"Well then brother, I'll be waiting but please hurry. The old hag is already screaming, we don't want her to choke on her voice now, do we?"

She said with a wink and left. Alec smirked at that and shook his head. His sister is something else. It's not often he gets to hear his sister tease their mother. With another groan, he got up and began looking for what to wear.

To anyone looking, the Peters family are having a nice time. Why won't they? They're in one of the most expensive restaurants in LA and you can see them laughing, eating and drinking but only if you look closely you will be able to see-feel that tension around them, see through perfectly the fake smiles on their faces, Only if you look well enough you will feel the negative energy among them.

Jesse clapped her hands together. She seems to be the only one genuinely excited. "It's so nice to be having dinner like a family again." She said. The excitement in her voice. The whole table turned to look at her.

"Still behaving like a child, I see." Daniel, their elder brother spoke for the first time since that evening giving Jesse a dirty look.

"Still full of yourself, I see." Alec retorted. His expression neutral.

"Still the pussy's protector, I see!" Daniel said in a harsh whisper. Alec lips curled up in an easy smile.

"Oh my! Look who learned a new word." Daniel glared at him hard, he opened his mouth to say something but his mother interrupted him.

"Alec apologize to your brother" Alec looked at his mother, not surprised there. She always takes his side ignoring the fact that he started it. Alec ignored her and went back to his food not caring to respond.

"Alec I believe your mother told you to apologize to your brother" Mr Peters said. Jesse looked at her dad with wide eyes. He normally just stay in the background listening to their arguments. "But daddy Daniel started it" Jesse pouted. Mr peters ignored his daughter who he believes is still a child and like all children, he believes she will someday grow but that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon and he blames her twin brother.

Alec looked at his dad, then his mom, before he finally looked at his older brother. A wicked grin spread across his features. "Make me."

"So disrespectful" His mother grunted. Alec  glared at the woman who kept shifting uncomfortably under the hot gaze of her son.

"Is that so mother dearest?" Silence filled the whole table. "Maybe I wouldn't be if my mother had taken the time to teach me what being respectful is." he grabbed his sisters hand and got up. Alec bowed in the form of a perfect gentleman but of course his family knows he did it in mockery.

"Well it's been terrible dinning with y'all as always, and I believe we are no longer welcomed here so please excuse us,your voices are about to make my ears bleed." With his sisters hands in his, they made their way out.

"My knight in shining armor." Jesse giggled and hugged her brother. Alec smiled over her shoulder, welcoming her body warmth, allowing it to calm his nerves.

"That actually went well." Alec said. Jesse agreed with the nod of her head. This dinner is actually the first perfect dinner in the history of the Peters family. It was always ending with fist fights or raised voices mixed with some fake tears from their mother. If there's anything Alec is grateful for, is Jesse's ability to zone their parents out, not allowing their words get to her. She gets sad yes but not to the point of tears.

Alec grinned at his sister. "I believe there's a party going on now, let's go have some fun yeah!" Jesse jumped on her brothers back and whispered in his ears.

"Let's go get wasted and pissed those old demons the more."

I really enjoy writing this story. It's really refreshing to be writing bout characters you're attached to.

What do you think bout Alec and his family?

Do you like Jesse's behavior?

Your thoughts?

Suggestions?

Thank you for reading 🙏 please don't forget to vote, comment, share or follow.

Wuv lexis❤