Part One - Chapter Eleven: Becoming Mrs Messi

Lucia smoothed out her white elegant A-line strapless tea length lace wedding dress that she had paired with nude platforms, she smiled at herself in the mirror as she admired herself; she couldn't believe that today was her wedding day.

Lucia knew that there would be no going back once this was all done, she'd already signed the contract and Lionel was keeping up his end of the deal by looking after her father; she just hoped that everything would work out well in the end.

"You look beautiful," Celia said as she stepped into the room, she had wanted to talk with the blonde about what she was doing for her son; she knew what Lionel had done and she was glad that it had been her that her son had chosen for this.

Lucia turned around and looked at Celia, she felt a little nervous about seeing the woman alone; Lionel had told her that his family knew about why they were getting married and she didn't want to start a fight with her future mother-in-law.

"I wanted to thank you for what you are doing for my son, he might have given up on love but I know you can change that," Celia said as she walked towards Lucia, she knew that the blonde cared for her son and that no one else would have been good enough for him; any of the other women would have used him for their own gain and not because he was a person.

Lucia crossed her arms nervously as she nodded her head, she wasn't sure what she could say in return; she was glad that while her parents didn't know about what was really going on that there were people who knew what was going.

"Look after him for me Lucia, he might not realise it yet but he does love you," Celia said as she hugged the younger woman, if anyone could make Lionel believe in love again then it was her.

***

"We are gathered here today to join together Lionel Messi Cuccittini and Lucia Castro Prieto in matrimony. Into this estate these two persons present come now to be joined. If anyone can show just cause why they may not be lawfully joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace," the official said as he looked around the small church in which the wedding was taking place.

Lionel had wanted it done somewhere were the paparazzi wouldn't be able to get a good shot of his wedding; he had seen how his friends had suffered when they'd married back in Barcelona and the massive media and fan reaction that had turned up outside of their venues.

The celebrant nodded his head before he continued on with the ceremony, the room was mainly filled with close family members and friends; the couple had wanted a small wedding and apart from Leslie and Guillermo no one truly knew about what the contract had stated.

"Lionel, do you take Lucia as your lawful wedded wife, to live in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love, honour, comfort, and cherish her from this day forward, forsaking all others, keeping only unto her for as long as you both shall live?" the official asked making Lionel swallow as he realised that this really was happening; he took a deep breathe knowing that there was no going back.

Everything had been arranged and he knew that Lucia would keep her end of the deal, she was going to be his wife legally and that was what mattered right now.

"I do," Lionel said making Lucia glance at him, she felt him take her hand knowing that this was really happening.

"Lucia, do you take Lionel for your lawful wedded husband, to live in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love, honour, comfort, and cherish him from this day forward, forsaking all others, keeping only unto him for as long as you both shall live?" the official asked as the blonde felt Lionel squeeze her hand in comfort, this would be over soon and then they could focus on moving her to Barcelona.

The footballer was all too aware that he'd have to deal with the media backlash that would come from him getting married; they would want to know everything.

"I do," Lucia confirmed as she heard her father choking back a sob and she was doing this for him and she hoped he'd never find out; he would be furious if he ever learned that she hadn't married for love.

Lionel swallowed knowing that Lucia was risking a lot for him, her parents wouldn't want her doing this and he hoped that it worked out so that they never discovered why he had married Lucia.

"I, Lionel Andrés Messi Cuccittini, take thee, Lucia Sofia Castro Prieto, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, honour, and cherish, 'til death do us part, and thereto I plight thee my troth," Lionel said as he recited his vows as he slipped her wedding ring onto her finger, he had waited for this moment for so long and it felt unreal now that it was really happening.

Lucia sucked in a deep breath, she couldn't bring herself to look into Lionel's eyes knowing she'd break if she did, she was entering a love-less marriage with a man who had given up on the notion.

"I, Lucia Sofia Castro Prieto, take thee, Lionel Andrés Messi Cuccittini, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, honour, and cherish, 'til death do us part, and thereto I plight thee my troth," Lucia repeated as she slipped his wedding ring onto his finger; she tried to ignored the shaking of her hands as Lionel quickly took them.

The footballer could sense her nerves and he wished there was some way that he could ease her mind; he was suddenly glad that the ceremony was nearly over.

The last thing that he wanted was for her to breakdown and admit what was going on, he hated to think that she felt forced into this but he couldn't bring himself to stop the ceremony.

"May this couple be prepared to continue to give, be able to forgive and experience more and more joy with each passing day, we hope that they may have loving assistance from their family, the constant support of friends, and a long life with good health and everlasting love." the official said as he smiled over the couple before him, he was glad that people like them got married every day.

The couple were clearly very much in love and he was proud to be the one to marry them, the footballer had a look on his face that told the official everything.

"In so much as Lionel and Lucia have consented to live forever together in wedlock, and have witnessed the same before this company, having given and pledged their troth, each to the other, I pronounce that they are husband and wife," the official said making the couple swallow as they realised that this was real; they were officially married.

Lionel took a deep nervous breath before he moved forward and kissed Lucia, he knew that he didn't need her parents asking questions about their marriage.

They were married now and he knew that he had to make it seem that they had a happy marriage; he just hoped that they were prepared for what would come next.