Part Two - Chapter Twenty-Three: Happy Anniversary

Lionel smiled handing Maia over to Shakira, the singer was watching his daughter for the night while her parents celebrated their first wedding anniversary.

“Gracias for doing this,” Lionel said making sure that everything Maia needed was packed for the night, he was glad that Shakira had offered to take her.

Lionel wanted to spend the evening with his wife and he knew that it would be their first night alone since Maia had been born.

“It’s fine… I hope you and Lia have a good, you both deserve it,” Shakira said knowing that they had been busy since Lucia’s father had passed away and this was the first time that they’d had together alone.

Lionel nodded his head looking at his daughter anxiously, he was a little nervous about being away from his daughter for the entire night.

“Don’t worry about a thing. Milan is excited to have her around,” Shakira said smiling at the nervous look on Lionel’s face, she knew it wasn’t going to be easy to be away from his little girl but he deserved a night with his wife.

The first year of marriage hadn’t been easy for Lionel and Lucia and it seemed a miracle that they had survived their first year of marriage after what had happened with Antonella and Lucia leaving for Italy.

“Okay,” Lionel said reluctantly pressing a kiss to Maia’s head, he knew how lucky he was and he was never going to allow anything to take his family from him.

Shakira smiled as she collected Maia’s bag and walked out to her car with the eight week old, she knew that Lionel had reservations at a restaurant with Lucia and she was really happy for her two friends.

***

“Leo this is amazing,” Lucia said as her husband helped her from the car, she was wearing a cobalt blue tie waist midi dress with low back paired with apricot heeled sandals for their night out.

Lucia made sure that she had her nude tempest clutch since it had Lionel’s gift inside, since they had agreed to swap gifts over dinner and she had thought long and hard about what she wanted to get him.

Lionel chuckled as he closed the door to his Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale, he wrapped his arm around his wife knowing that tonight was going to be special.

Lionel had been organising for weeks and he wanted to show her just how important she was to him; it had never been easy their relationship but things were finally looking up for them.

Lionel took her hand as they walked into the restaurant, knowing that when they left that there were going to be paparazzi waiting for them; it was a fact of his life that he didn’t like.

“Reservation for Messi,” Lionel said smiling at the hostess before he turned back to his wife, he knew that tonight was going to be perfect.

Lucia raised an eyebrow at her husband, she could tell that he was trying hard and she admired that; she just hoped that tonight would go as well as he wanted.

The couple didn’t have to wait long before they were seated, Lionel smiled at his wife knowing that they would have a great night; he pulled out her seat for her so that she could be seated.

“Can I get you anything to drink?” the hostess asked smiling sweetly at the couple, her eyes lingering on Lionel as he sat down before she huffed a little jealous of the happily married couple that she had seated.

Lucia set down her clutch knowing that she was a little nervous about the attention that they would get; it was something that she never got used to.

“Blanc de Blancs, Pol Roger,” Lionel said as he nodded at the waitress, he felt relaxed and he couldn’t wait to give Lucia her gift; his wife raised an eyebrow at his decision to order them some champagne.