Part Two - Chapter Sixteen: Baby's First Day Out

Lucia brushed some hair from her face as she cooed down at Maia, she couldn’t believe her daughter was two weeks old and today would be her first trip out of the house since she had been brought home.

Lionel wanted to take his wife and daughter out for the day, he wanted to treat Lucia to some lunch and he knew that they wouldn’t be able to leave Maia behind.

Lucia slowly dressed Maia in her pink cat dress and leggings set, she smiled down at her daughter as she made sure that the newborn was okay for the trip.

“Is she ready?” Lionel asked walking into the nursery, he smiled at his wife as he watched her with their daughter; he knew she was trying to stay positive about her father’s news and he was proud of her right now.

Lucia nodded her head finishing dressing Maia and lifted her up, she was wearing a white floral print top and boyfriend jeans with rips paired with black velvet plimsolls for the trip out with Lionel and Maia.

“I can’t believe how big she is getting,” Lucia said handing Maia over to Lionel, she watched him for a moment knowing that everything had already been loaded into his Audi Q7 for today.

Lionel nodded his head as he cuddled Maia, he adored his daughter and he knew that he couldn’t wait to show her off; she was everything to him along with her mother.

“Did you pack the pram?” Lucia asked collecting the changing bag, she looked at Lionel knowing she was a little nervous about taking Maia out for the first time.

No one had seen the newborn since she had been kept out of the media blare by her parents for the first two weeks of her life and today was the first time that Lucia would be stepping out of the house with Maia.

***

Maia snoozed lightly in her white Bebecar hip hop urban magic chrome combi pram that was being pushed by her father, she made softly noises making Lionel smile down at her contently.

“I can’t believe she’s sleeping,” Lucia mused linking arms with Lionel, she was all too aware that there were paparazzi were snapping pictures of the couple; they had been pretty much camped outside of the house in Castelldefels.

Lionel nodded his head in agreement, Maia had pretty much dozed off when she had been settled into the pram much to her parents’ relief.

“She’s just like her papa,” Lionel said knowing that he had pretty much been the same when he was Maia’s age, he had been the quiet one in his family compared to his two older brother’s and younger sister.

Lucia laughed softly and nodded her head, she knew how much her husband liked to sleep when he was younger; if he wasn’t playing football or eating then he would be sound asleep somewhere.

“She looks like you though… the perfect combination of the two of us,” Lionel mused pressing a kiss to the top of Lucia’s head, he hadn’t missed just how much Maia looked like her mother.

It was something that pleased Lionel to no end since he loved his wife so much and there was still time for Maia’s eye colour to change since she was still a newborn.

The footballer swallowed spotting a paparazzi waiting for them ahead, he wasn’t pleased that they weren’t staying away from his family while they enjoyed time with their newborn daughter.

“It’s okay,” Lucia murmured sensing that Lionel was tensing because of the paparazzi, she knew he would do anything to keep the people away from her and Maia.

“I know… I just wish they’d back off,” Lionel murmured annoyed leading them away slightly from the paparazzi, he offered another glare at him making it clear that this was a private outing for the family.

Lucia laughed softly as she smiled up at Lionel, she knew that he wasn’t going to want to share Maia with anyone and the cool March weather would keep most paparazzi away from them.

“How do you feel?” Lionel asked looking at his wife, he knew she was trying to keep positive about what was happening back in Argentina and she had been pretty busy with Maia recently to even think about herself.

The footballer was trying his best to try and help her as much as possible but training was keeping him busy right now and he knew he didn’t want her taking on too much.

“I’m fine,” Lucia replied looking at her husband, she was surprised just how well she was handling the news that her father was dying especially since she was looking after Maia most of the day.

Lucia knew that she was going to have to face the future without him but right now she was trying to stay strong for Maia’s sake; she wasn’t sure how she would cope when he passed away.

“I’m here if you need me,” Lionel said drawing Lucia close, he was going to support her through all of this and he hoped that they would be strong enough to survive what was coming.

Lionel knew that when her father passed away that they were going to struggle and he was going to need to be strong to help her grieve and look after Maia.

***

“Today was nice,” Lucia said carefully settled Maia into her car seat, while Lionel put the pram into the back of the car; she was glad to be out of the house and it felt nice to spend some time with Lionel.

Lionel was still working hard on their marriage and Lucia was grateful for what he was doing for her; she knew it would be a while until his emotional affair wouldn’t come back to haunt them.

“It was,” Lionel agreed closing the boot of the car and moved to stand beside her, he smiled down at Maia he enjoyed having his girls with him.

Lionel just knew that nothing could ever compare to the time that he had with them, he loved playing football but it really had nothing on the time he had with Maia and Lucia.

“Have I told you today how much I love you?” Lionel asked as he smiled at his wife, he wrapped his arms around her knowing that he would always love her.

Lucia blushed and shook her head as Lionel kissed her softly, she loved when he was being this sweet; it made her feel special and that she was the only woman in the world for him.

“Leo?” called a voice making the footballer stiffen holding his wife close, he felt dread fill him knowing that he had never expected to hear that voice again.

Lucia closed her eyes as she took a shaky breath, she had hoped that Antonella would never return to Barcelona and it was clear that the other woman was never going to stay away.

Lionel turned to glare at the woman that had nearly ruined his marriage and caused him to lose his little girl; he would never forgive himself for what he had done.

Antonella shifted nervously standing just feet from her ex-boyfriend and his wife, she knew she should have stayed away but she hoped to make amends with them both.

Lucia didn’t dare turn around instead looking at Maia, who was blissfully unaware of the tension that now surround them.

Standing beside Antonella was a man that Lionel could only guess was her boyfriend and he knew that this wasn’t going to end well for anyone involved now that she had approached the married couple.