Part Two - Epilogue: Matias Messi Castro

Lucia cursed under her breath as she squeezed Lionel’s hand, she glared at him wondering why she had thought this was a good idea.

“I hate you,” Lucia groaned as she continued to push their son into the world, she had carried him for nine months and now it was finally time for him to come into the world.

Lionel smiled as he kissed her, the last few months had been amazing for the footballer and he had slowly come out of his funk with the help of his wife and daughter.

Maia was now eleven months old and was clearly the apple of her father’s eye, she looked so much like her mother and Lionel was excited about having another child with Lucia.

“That’s it Lucia… here he comes,” the midwife said continuing to instruct Lucia in the birth of her second child, it was happening a lot quicker than when she’d had Maia.

Lionel swallowed as Lucia’s grip on his hand started to get stronger, he took a deep breath whispering how much he loved her as the midwife told them that the head was out.

Lionel didn’t know how he had gotten so lucky and he was sure that this would only make life better for the couple; he was so excited about the birth of his son.

“Here he comes,” the midwife said as Lucia cried out giving the final push, she panted laying back on her hospital bed while the midwife cut the cord.

Lionel swallowed heavily, his eyes looked on the baby that was held in the midwife’s arms; he felt tears fill his eyes as he sniffled and looked to Lucia and gave her a kiss.

“Gracias,” Lionel murmured brushing some hair from her sweaty face, it was nearly midnight and he couldn’t believe that their little boy had arrived on time; the midwife quickly doing her checks on the newborn.

***

Lionel grinned holding Matias Andres Messi Castro in his arms, he adored his son and was still in awe that he had him in his arms; he was perfect in every way and he looked so much like Lionel.

Lucia smiled watching her husband and son, Lionel hadn’t been able to put Matias down since he had been put into his arms by the midwife; the birth had gone perfectly and everything looked just as good as it had when Maia had been born.

“He’s perfect Lia,” Lionel said sitting beside his wife, he couldn’t take his eyes off the newborn and he knew that Maia would be here soon to meet her new baby brother.

Maia had stayed with Shakira and Gerard while Lionel and Lucia were at the hospital, she was thrilled with playing with Milan when her father had left her with the family friends.

Shakira herself was due to have another baby and she knew that she would rely on Lucia and Lionel to do the same for her and Gerard when the time came; she was expecting a second son and was a little disappointed that it was a little girl but none the less happy about another child.

“Knock, knock,” Gerard said poking his head into the room, he smiled at the couple as Lionel gently handed Matias over to Lucia before moving over to the door.

Maia pouted grumpily as Gerard stepped into the room with her, she squealed excitedly spotting her father before Gerard gently handed her to Lionel.

“Papa,” Maia said cuddling Lionel who smiled, he wasn’t sure how she would react to her new brother; he carefully moved to Lucia who was holding Matias in her arms while Gerard ducked back out of this room.

“Maia… this is your new brother, Matias,” Lionel said gently as he showed his daughter Matias; he looked at Lucia who was watching their daughter nervously.

Neither of them knew how Maia was going to react especially since the only infant that she did like was Milan.

Maia’s big blue eyes stared at her newborn brother, she looked at him sleeping peacefully in her mother’s arms before she reached out and gently poked Matias as if trying to work out who he was.

“Mama,” Maia said looking at Lucia, she pouted wanting to be held by Lucia who had her arms full with Matias; she didn’t like the look of the small baby in her arms.

Lucia opened her mouth as Lionel gently set the eleven month old on the hospital bed, he watched her closely knowing that Maia was going to have to get used to her new brother.

Maia frowned when Lucia didn’t put down her brother, she whimpered as Lucia shifted Matias in her arms; she raised her arms up wanting to be picked up.

“Uppie,” Maia whimpered batting her eyes at her parents, Lionel gently picked her up and pressed a kiss to her head; he didn’t know how long it was going to take for her to get used to her baby brother.

***

“You did so well amor,” Lionel mused setting into his chair, he didn’t want leave Lucia and Matias alone in hospital and he didn’t care what anyone said.

Lucia nodded her head, peeking over at the newborn as he slept completely unaware of anything around him; she knew he’d be awake in a couple of hours wanting to feed.

“He’s perfect,” Lionel said with a smile, he had said it before but he couldn’t help it; he adored children and while it was too early to say anything, he did want another one or two in the future with his wife.

“He is,” Lucia agreed closing her eyes, she was tired and would need rest before Matias woke up and wanted feeding; tomorrow they would take their baby boy home and start getting Maia used to the fact that she had a brother.

Lionel smiled as he watched Lucia fall asleep, he couldn’t believe that it had nearly been two years since he had married his wife and he felt truly blessed.

Lucia had given him everything that he had ever wanted, she was his best friend and lover; Lionel doubted that he would have ever stayed with Antonella.

Lucia was perfect and he was glad that she had never divorced him, Lionel was never going to make the same mistake again.

Maia and Matias were just as important as their mother to him, Lionel felt so happy and he was determined to make sure that they never wanted for anything.

“I love you,” Lionel said with a smile, he had finally gotten what he had wanted and he was never going to allow anything to slip through his fingers.

THE END.

###

Author's Note:

Thanks to everyone that read, commented and rated to this story. I wouldn't have been able to do it without any of you xxx