TWO.

third person pov ∞

taehyung strolled through the hallway of his brand new school, instantly feeling overwhelmed by the large mass of students.

great, my social anxiety, he bitterly thought, quickly guiding himself to the restroom.

the dirty blonde fell against the sink, attempting to catch his shaky breaths.

"i forgot how stressful people were."

"have we met?" a fairly small boy with orange hair queried, leaving a stall.

wait...did he hear me—

taehyung then squinted his eyes in perplexity.

o-orange? why the hell is his hair orange?

"o-oh, no. this is my first day. um, sorry. i was just leaving," taehyung informed, swiftly opening the bathroom door to exit before the small boy proceeded with the conversation.

"nah, no worries! i'm jimin, you?" he beamed, beginning to wash his unusually small hands.

"kim taehyung, but call me tae if you'd like."

"alright, i'll stick with tae. well, am i the first friend you've made so far or have you already met others?"

the dirty blonde felt a grin creep up on his face.

friend.

taehyung's face reddened at the thought of jungkook. "i've actually been speaking to a certain boy for while now, & i'm pretty sure he goes here."

"hm. what's his name?"

"you probably don't know him, but jungkook—jeon jungkook."

jimin's eyes widened in a blend of disbelief &...fear?

"j-jungkook? trust me, i'm fully aware of who he is. uh, are you sure his name is jungkook or are you mistaken?"

"yeah, it's jeon jungkook. why do you seem so uncomfortable? d-did i say something wrong?" tae slightly panicked, rubbing his right arm out of instinct.

"n-no...it's just that jungkook is pretty well known in this area. it's actually quite surprising that he would speak to an individual like you."

the dirty blonde quietly scoffed, leaving him no choice but to feel utterly offended. "what's that supposed to mean?"

the small male intentionally dodged taehyung's question. "don't worry about it, ok? i guess my time here is done, so call me if you need anything."

before the dirty blonde could open his mouth to return a statement, jimin quickly departed from the bathroom.

damn it. i didn't even get his number.

taehyung chased after the orange-haired male, desperate for answers, but jimin abruptly disappeared from plain sight.

taehyung entered the cafeteria, on the search for the small boy. he scrutinized the room until he noticed a specific individual with a group of companions:

my jungkook.

"t-this can't be real," tae mumbled to himself, squinting his eyes for confirmation.

...he looks even sexier in person.

the jungkook who sung him to sleep on facetime,

the jungkook who called him his one & only baby,

the jungkook who was his only source of happiness,

...at least seven feet away from him.

forgetting his desire to find jimin, the dirty blonde leisurely approached his 'online lover' & lightly tapped his muscled back.

"who the fuck is it?" jungkook grumbled, not even bothering to directly face the elder.

weird for him to say such a thing, but ok. taehyung thought, his smile progressively fading.

"kook, you might want to turn around. i haven't seen this dude around — he must be a new addition," the boy next to him assumed.

the ravenette made eye contact with taehyung, widened his eyes, & quickly returned back to his normal state.

all this in the time span of three seconds.

"who the fuck are you, & who convinced you that making physical contact with me would be a smart idea?"

tae tilted his head in puzzlement.

is he joking, the confused one thought, feeling a mild explosion erupt from his chest.

"im sorry, but i-it's me, taehyung. i'm your baby, remember?"
(a/n: everyone say it with me: DUMBASS—)

instead of using his words to speak, jungkook gestured for his friend to respond to the dirty blonde.

"seriously, jungkook? wow, you really are an asshole," the dude complained in a jokingly manner while chuckling.

"i'm sorry, but i'm really confused," tae interjected before the boy could proceed.

"you see, jungkook has called about thirty other people baby. i mean this in the most heartwarming way possible, but you aren't special in the slightest."

"kook stop...the j-joke isn't funny anymore. i'm taehyung- kim taehyung, the boy you've been speaking to for over eleven months."

when tae noticed jungkook's mouth open, indicating that he was about to speak, he felt the slightest bit of hope.

jungkook let out a deep, low chuckle.

"bold of you to assume that you're not just another one of my many whores," he cockily replied, glancing back at his friend group.

tae internally winced at the immense amount of emotional pain he felt at that very moment.

unable to reply, taehyung turned around & slowly departed from the scene.

gently wiping away his tears, taehyung muttered to himself.

"two could play at that game."